SportsWrath

Mets get Santana

BleedinBlue

Not a Mets fan, but just saw the headline cross the bottom of ESPN that the Twins have dealt Santana to the Mets for 4 prospects.

Should make some Mets fans happy.

HAPPY?! Did you see the deal? We get Santana WITHOUT having to give up Pelfrey or Fernando Martinez! It's a STEAL! Thanks Yanks! Thanks Sawx!

Congrats guys, helluva pick up, NL East is quickly becoming the best division in baseball. I dunno know much about the prospects ya'll gave up, so maybe some of you would be unhappy.

I'm jelous. :(

no one is unhappy except the Twins fans.

It works out best for NY fans.

The Yanks don't get raped (as the twins demanded), and the Mets are getting Santana for basically nothing.

As a Yankee fan....I was dreading the news that we might get Santana because the twins wanted our young stud pitching staff asking for Joba Chamberlain, and Phil Hughesor or Ian Kennedy and even talked of getting us to throw Robinson Cano or Melky Cabrera. It was pure horsehit nonsense.

I don't love the Mets by any means, but I like to see the New York NL team do well....especially with Willie (one of my all time favorites since a little kid) at the helm. I want to see Willie (a Yankee to the marrow of his bones) do well and get the respect he deserves. Hopefully, Santana can stabalize the pitching rotation and win the division.

It works out best for NY fans.

The Yanks don't get raped (as the twins demanded), and the Mets are getting Santana for basically nothing.

As a Yankee fan....I was dreading the news that we might get Santana because the twins wanted our young stud pitching staff asking for Joba Chamberlain, and Phil Hughesor or Ian Kennedy and even talked of getting us to throw Robinson Cano or Melky Cabrera. It was pure horsehit nonsense.

I don't love the Mets by any means, but I like to see the New York NL team do well....especially with Willie (one of my all time favorites since a little kid) at the helm. I want to see Willie (a Yankee to the marrow of his bones) do well and get the respect he deserves. Hopefully, Santana can stabalize the pitching rotation and win the division.

Willie is a Met now, grew up a Met fan in Brooklyn , played one year with them in 1992 to close out his career and now is the manager, get over it :P