SportsWrath

America Backs the Giants

Lughead

Keep in mind that is not based on a scientific polling of fans but, the opinion of a Post author based on an on-line poll. But it is probably not to far off.

Dallas fans are torn -- they hate the Giants but some are more worried about the Pats reaching 5 then 6 Lombardi's before Dallas gets their 6th than they are worried about the Giants doing so. But not all of Texas is Dallas, so even if most Dallas fans are rooting NE, the other teams in Texas would off-set.

Most Charger fans are pulling for NE, even though NE knocked them out of the playoffs two years in a row because the absolutely hate Eli. Not all of California is SD. Forty-niners know we have been rooting for them to lose every single game.

And Jet fans are just pissed all around. They hate both teams.

Other than those three teams pretty much everybody is rooting for the Cinderella Eli & Co. story. Not unlike how pretty much everyone was rooting for the Pats except MO in 2001.

Keep in mind that is not based on a scientific polling of fans but, the opinion of a Post author based on an on-line poll. But it is probably not to far off.

Dallas fans are torn -- they hate the Giants but some are more worried about the Pats reaching 5 then 6 Lombardi's before Dallas gets their 6th than they are worried about the Giants doing so. But not all of Texas is Dallas, so even if most Dallas fans are rooting NE, the other teams in Texas would off-set.

Most Charger fans are pulling for NE, even though NE knocked them out of the playoffs two years in a row because the absolutely hate Eli. Not all of California is SD. Forty-niners know we have been rooting for them to lose every single game.

Other than those three teams pretty much everybody is rooting for the Cinderella Eli & Co. story. Not unlike how pretty much everyone was rooting for the Pats except MO in 2001.

I think you're overrating the hatred of the Giants by the Jets fans. Kind of.

Yep! There's not the gut wrenching jealousy the Mets fans have for the Yankees... if that's what you mean.

I don't hate the Yankees. I have a controlled dislike of them which makes me want them to lose every game except when they play the Phillies, Braves, Nationals and Marlins.

I don't think many jets fans "hate" the Giants. It's not like we're in the same conference.. let alone same division. If anything Jets fans hate the Patriots.

How DO you know all of this? Do you work for ESPN? :)

If Jets fans are anything like Miami fans- New England is public enemy number one. And even if all the Jets fans in NY were pulling for NE, Bills fans would be pro-Giant anyway

How DO you know all of this? Do you work for ESPN? :)

I have friends that root for various teams. My comments are no more and no less scientifically based than those of the NY Post author.

There are some folks that want to see history, but most want to see the Cinderella team. Not that it is going to make a lick of difference. SB is not decided by vote.

If Jets fans are anything like Miami fans- New England is public enemy number one. And even if all the Jets fans in NY were pulling for NE, Bills fans would be pro-Giant anyway

I'd be shocked if New Yorkers don't root for a New York team. I root for the Mets and the Jets

I want Tom Brady's death. And the entire city of Boston to burn down. And all of the New England area to burn down, for that matter.

Never wish/want shit like that on anybody cause Karma is a mother fucker.

I know 2 Jet fans who are pulling for the Giants, and one despises the Giants.

I'd be shocked if New Yorkers don't root for a New York team. I root for the Mets and the Jets

yea, I always root for the Mets and Giants as well. But you know there's always those chauvinist pricks who feel like traitors for doing something like that

yea, I always root for the Mets and Giants as well. But you know there's always those chauvinist pricks who feel like traitors for doing something like that

I'm one of those people, but now I'm going to root for the Yankees whenever

they meet the Sox in the playoffs.

I want Tom Brady's death. And the entire city of Boston to burn down. And all of the New England area to burn down, for that matter.

You need get away from sports. It has ceased being a from of entertainment for you and has become a source of hate.

I want the New England Patriots to prevail over the New York Giants in a sporting event whose purpose is entertainment. I hope the New York Giants players emerge from the game injury free. Although I do hope they begin their off-season with some disappointment, I also hope they have an otherwise enjoyable off season and return next September to entertain me once again.

Sadly for too many people sports ceases to be a form of entertainment and joy and become as source of aggression and hatred.

There is probably no greater sports rivalry in American professional sports than the Red Sox and Yankees. However, in Joe Torre's first game back to Fenway Park after battling cancer when he was introduced he received a standing ovation by the Red Sox fans that understood that prevailing in the battle with cancer is oh so much more important than any sporting rivalry.

I also remember the first game the Yankees played in Fenway park after 9/11. The hated Yankee players were introduced to a standing ovation. And signs in the stands that read "I heart NY, but the Yankees still suck." By fans that know that what divides us by a baseball rivalry is minute compared to what hold us together. I didn't think much of either welcoming at the time. No sense of pride to be a Red Sox fan, because quite frankly I could not imagine decent human acting differently.

And this was not unique in sports. Every team honored Sean Taylor, nobody expressed joy that it would be easier to play against a weakened opponent's secondary. Examples of humanity being more important than sports rivalries are many.

It is for that reason I found the booing of the homeless New Orleans Saints when they played a "home game" at Giants stadium after Katrina to be the worst example of fan behavior I have ever seen. No expression of we stand with New Orleans, like everybody did with NY after 9/11. I never thought less of a fan base than I did of the Giant fans on that day.

A poster on another board wrote something to the extent of, "I don't like Tony Dungy. And the reason I don't like him is he is the coach of the Colts. Period. End of discussion. Because how much I like or dislike a player or coach is predicated solely on the color of laundry he wears on Sunday. And if every sport fan would accept this the world of sports would be infinitively better." I agree. I am sure you all like Eli Manning a lot more than Tony Romo. Why? Something either them has done, if you answered yes. I say bullshit. If Romo was the QB of the Giants you would defending his relationship with Jessica. And if Eli was the QB of the Cowboys you would be poking fun of his drunken picture from college.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with poking fun of the players on the other team, I do it all the time. I will poke fun of Peyton Manning for whoring himself out to anybody interested in selling crap. But I don't hate him because of it. I don't wish him injury or death. But I do wish him lots of interceptions when he plays the Patriots, but that is all.

Tom Brady and New England has done nothing to you but provide the other half of the entertainment. What fun would a sporting even be if only one team showed up? Granted it might still take the Dolphins several downs to score. :lol:

If for you sports has ceased being fun and entertainment and instead is a source of hatred, you really should stop watching sports, it is unhealthy.

You need get away from sports. It has ceased being a from of entertainment for you and has become a source of hate.

I want the New England Patriots to prevail over the New York Giants in a sporting event whose purpose is entertainment. I hope the New York Giants players emerge from the game injury free. Although I do hope they begin their off-season with some disappointment, I also hope they have an otherwise enjoyable off season and return next September to entertain me once again.

Sadly for too many people sports ceases to be a form of entertainment and joy and become as source of aggression and hatred.

There is probably no greater sports rivalry in American professional sports than the Red Sox and Yankees. However, in Joe Torre's first game back to Fenway Park after battling cancer when he was introduced he received a standing ovation by the Red Sox fans that understood that prevailing in the battle with cancer is oh so much more important than any sporting rivalry.

I also remember the first game the Yankees played in Fenway park after 9/11. The hated Yankee players were introduced to a standing ovation. And signs in the stands that read "I heart NY, but the Yankees still suck." By fans that know that what divides us by a baseball rivalry is minute compared to what hold us together. I didn't think much of either welcoming at the time. No sense of pride to be a Red Sox fan, because quite frankly I could not imagine decent human acting differently.

And this was not unique in sports. Every team honored Sean Taylor, nobody expressed joy that it would be easier to play against a weakened opponent's secondary. Examples of humanity being more important than sports rivalries are many.

It is for that reason I found the booing of the homeless New Orleans Saints when they played a "home game" at Giants stadium after Katrina to be the worst example of fan behavior I have ever seen. No expression of we stand with New Orleans, like everybody did with NY after 9/11. I never thought less of a fan base than I did of the Giant fans on that day.

A poster on another board wrote something to the extent of, "I don't like Tony Dungy. And the reason I don't like him is he is the coach of the Colts. Period. End of discussion. Because how much I like or dislike a player or coach is predicated solely on the color of laundry he wears on Sunday. And if every sport fan would accept this the world of sports would be infinitively better." I agree. I am sure you all like Eli Manning a lot more than Tony Romo. Why? Something either them has done, if you answered yes. I say bullshit. If Romo was the QB of the Giants you would defending his relationship with Jessica. And if Eli was the QB of the Cowboys you would be poking fun of his drunken picture from college.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with poking fun of the players on the other team, I do it all the time. I will poke fun of Peyton Manning for whoring himself out to anybody interested in selling crap. But I don't hate him because of it. I don't wish him injury or death. But I do wish him lots of interceptions when he plays the Patriots, but that is all.

Tom Brady and New England has done nothing to you but provide the other half of the entertainment. What fun would a sporting even be if only one team showed up? Granted it might still take the Dolphins several downs to score. :lol:

If for you sports has ceased being fun and entertainment and instead is a source of hatred, you really should stop watching sports, it is unhealthy.

<_<

Fuck you.

New Yorkers should pull for NY teams, period.

I'm a big Yankee fan, but when the Mets beat the Red Sox, I was very happy for their fans. As a Giant fan, I always pull for the Jets too.

When it comes to the Super Bowl, I want the NFC team to win, and within the NFC, I'll go for the NFC East team. That doesn't stop me from disliking teams like the Cowboys, Eagles or Redskins, but rather, it's a status thing - to prove that the NFC East is the best division in football, for example.

New Yorkers should pull for NY teams, period.

I'm a big Yankee fan, but when the Mets beat the Red Sox, I was very happy for their fans. As a Giant fan, I always pull for the Jets too.

When it comes to the Super Bowl, I want the NFC team to win, and within the NFC, I'll go for the NFC East team. That doesn't stop me from disliking teams like the Cowboys, Eagles or Redskins, but rather, it's a status thing - to prove that the NFC East is the best division in football, for example.

I don't agree.

I don't know where he came from but at least he shows respect and maturity unlike some other posters.

Yeah the minute I saw his moniker I knew we had a Prince of Darkness worshipper on our boards....that makes him all right by me. But for this game I want Eli (Luke) to slide down the chute and escape as the Dark Lord holds out his hands in forlorn supplication.