SportsWrath

We're going LB in the first round

BigBlueArrington

Ali Highsmith anyone?

This year's draft is WEAK at the obvious position of need, Safety. I think we may can develop Craig Dahl or Miochael Johnson as both are decent athletes and Dahls combine numbers were pretty impressive. Shame about the ACL.

IMO we don't need a CB. If the price is not outrageous, maybe we pick up a stud via free agency and move Madison to nickel.

One things for sure, the draft is deep and a stud LB will be available. Thoughts?

he would fit right in cause he already gets bullshit calls on him

McQuarters SUCKS BALLS!!!

I completely disagree and am willing to bet there is not another team in the NFL whose 4th best cornerback is as good as McQuarters, and who is also as dangerous. He sealed the Dallas win AND set up a go-ahead touchdown in the Green Bay game with a huge return, something he's done numerous times this year.

Lug, why do you feel differently about McQuarters?

He runs in mud on returns. He is indecisive on his punt returning ,He acts like he don't know what hole to go to. Lately he is trying to run in on 5 or 6 guys from the other team that is waiting to down a rolling punt like he is going to run in between them and pick the ball up and run away from them. He calls a lot of Fair catches when he has 10-15 yards in front of him.

He runs in mud on returns. He is indecisive on his punt returning ,He acts like he don't know what hole to go to. Lately he is trying to run in on 5 or 6 guys from the other team that is waiting to down a rolling punt like he is going to run in between them and pick the ball up and run away from them. He calls a lot of Fair catches when he has 10-15 yards in front of him.

not to mention the fumble after the interception was priceless...

I don't know...he was the reason why the Giants beat Dallas and his punt

return.

True... but there were a lot of fumbles in that game due to the conditions. Plaxico and Jacobs also fumbled, we want to keep them, right?

Plex didn't fumble the ball, Jacobs did.. though. As for McQuarters fumble.. he wanted to do too much.. and didn't take care of the ball like he should have.

I don't know...he was the reason why the Giants beat Dallas and his punt

return.

and the only thing Aaron Boone did for an entire season was hit 1 big home run for the Yankees over Boston, but look what happened to him (regardless of his basketball aspirations)

and the only thing Aaron Boone did for an entire season was hit 1 big home run for the Yankees over Boston, but look what happened to him (regardless of his basketball aspirations)

That's not really fair to say...I mean Boone was a decent player before his ACL

injury. He is no A Rod though.

Nem... I see your point with Madison but I still think McQuarters has value with us for reasons already stated.

Plus, if we get rid of both of them, we then have zero veteran CBs in the backfield.

And I absolutely agree with you. But lets keep in mind that McQuaters, even though his played for 10 years, has had 2 or so years in which he's been a 'starting corner' for any team. He's mostly been on other teams rosters for special team purposes. So he's kind of limited to the 'veteran advise' he be asked to give to our younger cornerbacks. If that's the case, than Madison is more valeable to us.

That's not really fair to say...I mean Boone was a decent player before his ACL

injury. He is no A Rod though.

I'm talking about what he did for the Yanks, like only what RW did in your one example in the game.

Boone- .254 BA, 48 hits, 6 HR, 31 RBI, 30 K to 11 BB in 189 at bats

i rest my case

Plex didn't fumble the ball, Jacobs did.. though. As for McQuarters fumble.. he wanted to do too much.. and didn't take care of the ball like he should have.

Ah, but Plax did fumble it! On the great catch he made with his fingertips that bobbled around a bit, he hauled it in, took off, and then fumbled the ball. It went out of bounds though, luckily. Just sayin' and I agree with what you are saying about him trying to do too much. He needed to just go down there.

plax did fumble out of bounds on the 13 then there was a penalty on HArris for a jamb to the face Ironicaly the the ref's moved th ball back 5 yards instead of foward.

Probably a stupid idea, but what the hell: Would we be better off drafting another CB, and moving Madison to safety? He's getting pretty damn old/slow for CB, but his experience in the backfield might give him an edge at safety.

This is the first time in a long time that I'm not too worried about Linebackers. Even if we lose Mitchell, we have Wilkinson, who did pretty good when he had the chance, and even if Torbor leaves, we have DeOssie. We'd be drafting backups there.

Wouldn't shock me if we draft a DE, either. Especially if this is Strahan's last year. Same with Wide Receiver--we win, I wouldn't be surprised if both Strahan and Toomer hang it up.

Probably a stupid idea, but what the hell: Would we be better off drafting another CB, and moving Madison to safety? He's getting pretty damn old/slow for CB, but his experience in the backfield might give him an edge at safety.

This is the first time in a long time that I'm not too worried about Linebackers. Even if we lose Mitchell, we have Wilkinson, who did pretty good when he had the chance, and even if Torbor leaves, we have DeOssie. We'd be drafting backups there.

Wouldn't shock me if we draft a DE, either. Especially if this is Strahan's last year. Same with Wide Receiver--we win, I wouldn't be surprised if both Strahan and Toomer hang it up.

We just signed Tuck who will replace Strah and have Kiwi too

WR, we have Smith who with experience will develop into a solid #2

We just signed Tuck who will replace Strah and have Kiwi too

WR, we have Smith who with inexperience will develop into a solid #2

True, but I'm assuming we keep Kiwi at LB--you don't want to keep him off the field as a backup. And after Smith, do you feel comfortable with Moss and Tyree?

True, but I'm assuming we keep Kiwi at LB--you don't want to keep him off the field as a backup. And after Smith, do you feel comfortable with Moss and Tyree?

Actually have Kiwi in Tucks place, have him play some DT/DE/LB and try to keep him on the field whenever we can. Give Kiwi a Ware type of role like in Dallas. I like Moss and think he can be a good slot WR and Tyree is there for special teams play. So maybe some WR in the later rounds like 4th or 5th maybe even acouple to have them battle it out. Keep in mind too we also have Hixon there who could always come in at WR. Plus this is IF Toomer retires then we could always wait till next years draft to take a WR or through FA. I think Strah will come back for a year, but Toomer is a toss up.

Actually have Kiwi in Tucks place, have him play some DT/DE/LB and try to keep him on the field whenever we can. Give Kiwi a Ware type of role like in Dallas. I like Moss and think he can be a good slot WR and Tyree is there for special teams play. So maybe some WR in the later rounds like 4th or 5th maybe even acouple to have them battle it out. Keep in mind too we also have Hixon there who could always come in at WR. Plus this is IF Toomer retires then we could always wait till next years draft to take a WR or through FA. I think Strah will come back for a year, but Toomer is a toss up.

Eh, we're jumping the gun anyway--we have one more game this season :).

I don't know if Kiwi could do what Tuck is doing--he had to lose weight to play LB, and I imagine that would cause him trouble on the inside.

I don't have as much faith in Moss as you do; but then again, I didn't think Webster would make the team next year, so wtf do I know. Hixon/Tyree is going to be interesting, in the sense that there's just so many wide receivers you can keep on the team just for specials before you start hurting yourself on the regular offense, IMO.

I'm hoping Toomer doesn't retire yet, since it's obvious that he's finally over the knee surgery and would probably have a good year next year, but I don't know if he would want another season after winning a SB (yes, I'm crossing my fingers).