SportsWrath

The "experts" pick the winner NYG vs GB

jerseygiantfan

They make Favre sound like a god... just the way they did Romo. <_<

To be fair, Favre has been exceptional.

What gets me is that GB was ranked the 2nd best team in the NFC... after Dallas.. sure. Yet the Giants and Dallas are very similar. It's ok for GB to be favored.. better record.. home turf.. etc... but to say they're better than us on every level... now that's horseshit.

The only time I get really nervous is when the "experts" pick the Giants to win.

As long as the "experts" ignore the Giants and fawn over the Giants' opponents, I'm happy. The less expected out of the Giants seems to be just the right motivation for the team to "surprise" everyone.

The only time I get really nervous is when the "experts" pick the Giants to win.

As long as the "experts" ignore the Giants and fawn over the Giants' opponents, I'm happy. The less expected out of the Giants seems to be just the right motivation for the team to "surprise" everyone.

Exactly. The Giants always seem to play better when they are underdogs.

To be fair, Favre has been exceptional.

What gets me is that GB was ranked the 2nd best team in the NFC... after Dallas.. sure. Yet the Giants and Dallas are very similar. It's ok for GB to be favored.. better record.. home turf.. etc... but to say they're better than us on every level... now that's horseshit.

yeah, instead they should just say "They are better than us on ALMOST every level.

of course, that does not mean that they will win this week.

yeah, instead they should just say "They are better than us on ALMOST every level.

of course, that does not mean that they will win this week.

Ah.. that look on Jerry Jones' face last week made my year .. lol

Considering they had a better record than the G-Men, and beat us soundly this season, I can understand how they would be favored, especially up in Green Bay with an arctic front moving in.

However, the Giants just knocked off the consensus NFC heavyweight on their home turf, and the Packers are the same team that got swept by the Bears. And in the 2nd Bears games, the weather was absolutely awful, and the Packers were thoroughly outplayed. So, there is reason for guarded optimism.

In beating Miami, Chicago, Philly, and Buffalo in crappy conditions, the Giants have proven they are an effective poor-weather team.

I was worried about the field until I remembered it's actually a heated field. If the field allows for some traction, then our pass defense can hopefully lean on the pass rush again.

I felt that last week Eli would have to outduel Romo, and he did. This week, I think it will all come down to line play. If the Giants offensive line can turn in a performance like they did against Buffalo, then I think we've got a great shot to win the game.

Considering they had a better record than the G-Men, and beat us soundly this season, I can understand how they would be favored, especially up in Green Bay with an arctic front moving in.

However, the Giants just knocked off the consensus NFC heavyweight on their home turf, and the Packers are the same team that got swept by the Bears. And in the 2nd Bears games, the weather was absolutely awful, and the Packers were thoroughly outplayed. So, there is reason for guarded optimism.

In beating Miami, Chicago, Philly, and Buffalo in crappy conditions, the Giants have proven they are an effective poor-weather team.

I was worried about the field until I remembered it's actually a heated field. If the field allows for some traction, then our pass defense can hopefully lean on the pass rush again.

I felt that last week Eli would have to outduel Romo, and he did. This week, I think it will all come down to line play. If the Giants offensive line can turn in a performance like they did against Buffalo, then I think we've got a great shot to win the game.

Hey Joe good to see you on the board. I agree but I will add both our lines have to do really well. Then I really believe we have a shot. I know one thing as I have gotten older the cold weather bothers me more. Hopefully that will be the case for Favre this Sunday.

Yeah because they've been so balls on about the other two games we played. :LMAO:

LOL, so true.

Boarding one of the express routes home about an hour ago, I bumped into this lady with a Packers jacket and mug. I have a wallet w/ the logo, various keychains and its on my cellphone so we started talking. The first thing she said was, "Do you really think you're gonna beat the Pack in Lambeau that cold!?" I just told her, "Well, we beat the Cowboys, and it aint like NY is sunny and warm. You act like your the Patriots, you missed the playoffs last yr and the yr before. Good luck and I dont mind the Pack, but its gonna be a good game."

She was kinda nice on the way home. After talking to her, I dont think she knew a whole lot about the actual game. :rolleyes:

LOL, so true.

Boarding one of the express routes home about an hour ago, I bumped into this lady with a Packers jacket and mug. I have a wallet w/ the logo, various keychains and its on my cellphone so we started talking. The first thing she said was, "Do you really think you're gonna beat the Pack in Lambeau that cold!?" I just told her, "Well, we beat the Cowboys, and it aint like NY is sunny and warm. You act like your the Patriots, you missed the playoffs last yr and the yr before. Good luck and I dont mind the Pack, but its gonna be a good game."

She was kinda nice on the way home. After talking to her, I dont think she knew a whole lot about the actual game. :rolleyes:

the dog is petty sure that confused her, her point being do you really think they will win in Lambeau IN THAT COLD...and you countering with the fact that the giants beat the cowboys (in warm temperatures)...well played court jester...well played...

the dog is petty sure that confused her, her point being do you really think they will win in Lambeau IN THAT COLD...and you countering with the fact that the giants beat the cowboys (in warm temperatures)...well played court jester...well played...

I thought maybe since I was gone, you got a little smarter. NOPE! Same ole dumbass.

Read it again idiot, i said...."AND IT AINT LIKE NY IS SUNNY AND WARM." I told her were we play is not as cold as Lambeau, but its cold. Plus we played in London, Buffalo, Wash and Philly in cold cond's and won all of em.

Way to read improperly dumshit, way to read improperly. :rolleyes:

I thought maybe since I was gone, you got a little smarter. NOPE! Same ole dumbass.

Read it again idiot, i said...."AND IT AINT LIKE NY IS SUNNY AND WARM." I told her were we play is not as cold as Lambeau, but its cold. Plus we played in London, Buffalo, Wash and Philly in cold cond's and won all of em.

Way to read improperly dumshit, way to read improperly. :rolleyes:

no, NY is not sunny and warm...yet the giants haven't played there recently...or won there recently for that fact...again, the dog thinks you played it well. most likely she is home doubting her team's chances...

no, NY is not sunny and warm...yet the giants haven't played there recently...or won there recently for that fact...again, the dog thinks you played it well. most likely she is home doubting her team's chances...

At least she won't be disappointed if her team goes down.

Sarcasm. And I know I played it well. The point was we're not from Southern Calif. So its not that big a difference.

Marcellus Wiley had them winning 37-14.

Does he realize it's going to be -10 degrees?!

The fact that he has the Packers making three field goals is dumb enoguh, but four touchdowns too.

It really bothers me how stupid some people can be.

How did the Packers do when it was freezing in Chicago?

How did the Packers do when it was freezing in Chicago?

the dog's not sure of your point here...the fact is, weather impacts a game, but not one team over another...perhaps you jumped in a conversation without being sure what the conversation was about...no issue...

the dog's not sure of your point here...the fact is, weather impacts a game, but not one team over another...perhaps you jumped in a conversation without being sure what the conversation was about...no issue...

you asked him earlier if he really thinks the giants can go into lambeau and win in the cold. i was wondering why we cant considering theyve played worse in cold games then we have.