SportsWrath

Taking the Giants out of the equation

ksm7

OK, so the Dog knows that this may be difficult for many here to do, but just out of curiosity, if you take the Giants out of the equation, which of the remaining 3 teams would you most want to see win the Super Bowl? The Dog, like many, has grown very tired of the Patriots...the Chargers were harmless until Rivers (who the Dog can state is a quality QB) started talking a tad too much, which leaves the feel-good Favre/Packers story, which the Dog isn't necessarily sure he feels good about...any thoughts?

Well, if you take the Giants out, kinda hard to find a team other than the Packers to pick in the NFC isn't it? If before the season I was asked this question, it would have been the Packers if i was told the Giants would finish 8-8 or whatever. That said, I still want the Giants to beat that ass.

In the AFC, they could not have possibly have gotten two worse teams to choose from to root for. I despise the Chargers and hate the Patriots. BUT, I want so much to beat either of those teams in the Super bowl should we win this week. Of those two, i'd rather beat the Chargers. this isn't arrogance or looking past anyone, this is just my optimum scenerio. Giants beating the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

OK, so the Dog knows that this may be difficult for many here to do, but just out of curiosity, if you take the Giants out of the equation, which of the remaining 3 teams would you most want to see win the Super Bowl? The Dog, like many, has grown very tired of the Patriots...the Chargers were harmless until Rivers (who the Dog can state is a quality QB) started talking a tad too much, which leaves the feel-good Favre/Packers story, which the Dog isn't necessarily sure he feels good about...any thoughts?

Yes the Dog is queer...

I'll take the Chargers, they've never won it. That's the only reason.

Dude stfu, and go get a team to root for. Your a total waste of space on here.

wow, ask a simple question...the Dog thinks you may have some anger issues...if you are not interested in responding to someone that you clearly feel isn't worth responding to, then why do you? the Dog would encourage you to simply not respond...however, if you have a feeling about the question asked, then always feel welcome to share...

perhaps a question pertaining to brandon jacobs suits you better...now that the season is nearing an end, and after you viamently attacked the dog in the summer over the mere suggestion that jacobs hasn't proven that he can carry the load for a full season, what are your thoughts now? again, respond if you are interested...don't if you are not...

wow, ask a simple question...the Dog thinks you may have some anger issues...if you are not interested in responding to someone that you clearly feel isn't worth responding to, then why do you? the Dog would encourage you to simply not respond...however, if you have a feeling about the question asked, then always feel welcome to share...

perhaps a question pertaining to brandon jacobs suits you better...now that the season is nearing an end, and after you viamently attacked the dog in the summer over the mere suggestion that jacobs hasn't proven that he can carry the load for a full season, what are your thoughts now? again, respond if you are interested...don't if you are not...

Interesting question. What strikes me about jacobs is that he couldn't get a first down in the Dallas game when the Giants needed it. Isn't that what you have a 260 pound back for?

Its going to be cold in Lambeau and the weather may be bad. This should be the perfect conditions for Jacobs. Will he show up?

Why??? Cause your in MY house. See the thing is "dog" I cant ask you the same questions about your team, cause your to much of a coward to say who that team is. You can dish it out all you want, without having to take anything. F that, and F you. Step up to the plate and be a man, WHO IS YOUR TEAM????? Once we get that outta the way, I'd be more than happy to talk football with you all day long. Till then I have no respect for you. (at least as far as talking football is concerned.)

Interesting question. What strikes me about jacobs is that he couldn't get a first down in the Dallas game when the Giants needed it. Isn't that what you have a 260 pound back for?

Its going to be cold in Lambeau and the weather may be bad. This should be the perfect conditions for Jacobs. Will he show up?

He gets more short yard first downs than he doesnt. You cant get them all. And YES Jacobs will have a hugh game in GB. BTW I havent taken my shot at you yet. (points finger and laughs) :LMAO: Ok im done.

No, we dont have Jacobs to get 1 first down against Dallas, we got him to be our power RB who wears down defenses and picks up the majority of first downs over the course of the season and playoffs. Just because he doesnt get one against Dallas doesnt mean he cant carry the load. Good try.

Now, can you tell your other half to STFU. He really is a douchebag.

Why??? Cause your in MY house. See the thing is "dog" I cant ask you the same questions about your team, cause your to much of a coward to say who that team is. You can dish it out all you want, without having to take anything. F that, and F you. Step up to the plate and be a man, WHO IS YOUR TEAM????? Once we get that outta the way, I'd be more than happy to talk football with you all day long. Till then I have no respect for you. (at least as far as talking football is concerned.)

let it go dear man...wouldn't you rather just talk giants football with someone who isn't coming here to talk trash? the dog supposes not...again, if you don't want to respond, then don't...it is apparently YOUR HOUSE (no disrespect to the other fans here...), so do what you will...

jacobs had 2 first downs in the Dallas game. The three inside runs in the fourth this is what you hang this stupid comment on? When they needed it? Is that when they needed it? i call that the Dallas Defense stepping it up as did the Giants defense did on the preceding Dallas offensive possession.

your revisionist history is pathetic.

No, we dont have Jacobs to get 1 first down against Dallas, we got him to be our power RB who wears down defenses and picks up the majority of first downs over the course of the season and playoffs. Just because he doesnt get one against Dallas doesnt mean he cant carry the load. Good try.

hmmm, is the dog sensing potential meltdown number 3?

the Dog can still stick with the original thought from July and August...Jacobs hasn't proven he can carry the load...the bonus is that the Giants discovered other talent to assist him in his endeavours, the bad news is that despite the fact that he can throw the ball really, really hard at stadium walls, he hasn't shown he can be the go-to guy in the backfield...

the Dog does like how the other back runs (his name escapes the dog currently...)...he is all business...

let it go dear man...wouldn't you rather just talk giants football with someone who isn't coming here to talk trash? the dog supposes not...again, if you don't want to respond, then don't...it is apparently YOUR HOUSE (no disrespect to the other fans here...), so do what you will...

I talk Giants football with people who I know what there motives are. I DONT EVEN KNOW WERE YOU STAND. Hence I have ZERO respect for you. What will I do??? Same as I always do. For the most part ignore you, with a shot here and there to remind you that your nothing more than a troll here. Good day.

But, on the Giants' last two possessions of the game, the two possessions that could have put the Cowboys away, Jacobs did NOTHING.

He is fast for a 260 pound back. But he does not have true break away speed.

He has good hand for a 260 pound man. But he drops passes that he should catch.

He is powerful. But he is too big to protect his body making nagging injuries a concern.

But, what he should specialize in, is getting first down in the fourth quarter. I could not believe that the Giants went 3 and out on their last two series and that Jacobs was a NON FACTOR. AGAIN.

It would be interesting if Ryan Grant outperformed him this week.

the Dog can still stick with the original thought from July and August...Jacobs hasn't proven he can carry the load...the bonus is that the Giants discovered other talent to assist him in his endeavours, the bad news is that despite the fact that he can throw the ball really, really hard at stadium walls, he hasn't shown he can be the go-to guy in the backfield...

the Dog does like how the other back runs (his name escapes the dog currently...)...he is all business...

1009 yds 4TD's after being injured for, what, I believe 4 or 5 games? Yeah, he can carry the load. And if your dumass cant admit that, thats your problem. Get a clue, its always good to be deep at skill positions, esp RB. And its a good thing, with him gettin injured and all we had other RB's to step up after he and Ward got hurt. Get it now? They didnt get these RB's because Jacobs couldnt handle it, they got thier shot when he got injured and did a good job so we rotate Jacobs and BRADSHAW. Thats his name. If you dont even know who we're talking about, shouldnt you just leave?

I was mad with Jacobs on that third and two pitchout. He couldve easily gotten it if he stayed up, not dove 3 yards early. That play is designed for Bradshaw. Stop throwing screens to him too.

Yea, the sooner they can figure out who is better at what, as far as running backs, the better off we will be.

I think the Dog needs to be hit with a rolled up news paper for continuously licking his own nutsack.

But, on the Giants' last two possessions of the game, the two possessions that could have put the Cowboys away, Jacobs did NOTHING.

He is fast for a 260 pound back. But he does not have true break away speed.

He has good hand for a 260 pound man. But he drops passes that he should catch.

He is powerful. But he is too big to protect his body making nagging injuries a concern.

But, what he should specialize in, is getting first down in the fourth quarter. I could not believe that the Giants went 3 and out on their last two series and that Jacobs was a NON FACTOR. AGAIN.

It would be interesting if Ryan Grant outperformed him this week.

LMAO!! Looks like he didnt need to! LOL How stupid can you be egg....WE WON!!!

1009 yds 4TD's after being injured for, what, I believe 4 or 5 games? Yeah, he can carry the load. And if your dumass cant admit that, thats your problem. Get a clue, its always good to be deep at skill positions, esp RB. And its a good thing, with him gettin injured and all we had other RB's to step up after he and Ward got hurt. Get it now? They didnt get these RB's because Jacobs couldnt handle it, they got thier shot when he got injured and did a good job so we rotate Jacobs and BRADSHAW. Thats his name. If you dont even know who we're talking about, shouldnt you just leave?

that is the point court jester...the dog argued all along that he hasn't proven he can carry the load...and well, he missed 25% of the games this year...but just to be sure, how did he do on the last offensive possession the Giants had? oh wait, he was on the sideline watching...doesn't sound like the back that they want carrying the load...unless it was just situational for that game...so let's see how he did in the 4th quarter of the TB game...oh wait, he was watching from the sidelines again...hmmm....

I was mad with Jacobs on that third and two pitchout. He couldve easily gotten it if he stayed up, not dove 3 yards early. That play is designed for Bradshaw. Stop throwing screens to him too.

mark my words Bradshaw as long as he stays healthy will beat out Jacobs as the featured back. For whatever reason the coaching staff over looked this guy all season and lucked out with his emergence. IMO This kids vision and patience on developing blocks is not something you see in rookie HBs.

LMAO!! Looks like he didnt need to! LOL How stupid can you be egg....WE WON!!!

Look at Romos following possesion. And tell me what assertions you can make. Everytime Egg writes "it would be interesting" in a sentence It should be changed with "IF" and end with "Giants suck"

that is the point court jester...the dog argued all along that he hasn't proven he can carry the load...and well, he missed 25% of the games this year...but just to be sure, how did he do on the last offensive possession the Giants had? oh wait, he was on the sideline watching...doesn't sound like the back that they want carrying the load...unless it was just situational for that game...so let's see how he did in the 4th quarter of the TB game...oh wait, he was watching from the sidelines again...hmmm....

I suppose that would mean something HAD WE LOST. Dumb ass.