SportsWrath

Taking the Giants out of the equation

ksm7

LMAO!! Looks like he didnt need to! LOL How stupid can you be egg....WE WON!!!

typical distraction from the final result. Should jacobs be the featured back? Maybe, maybe not does it matter in the context of wins and losses at this point in the season? No...

But, on the Giants' last two possessions of the game, the two possessions that could have put the Cowboys away, Jacobs did NOTHING.

He is fast for a 260 pound back. But he does not have true break away speed.

He has good hand for a 260 pound man. But he drops passes that he should catch.

He is powerful. But he is too big to protect his body making nagging injuries a concern.

But, what he should specialize in, is getting first down in the fourth quarter. I could not believe that the Giants went 3 and out on their last two series and that Jacobs was a NON FACTOR. AGAIN.

It would be interesting if Ryan Grant outperformed him this week.

I wouldn't say he did nothing....probably got 18 yards on 6 caries in those two possessions...with 8 in the box to boot. That is pretty tough territory for going up the gut six times in a row. I would say it was more a question of uninspired play calling then uninspired running.

As it turned out. The Giants only needed him to gain one yard in the Fourth Quarter anyway.

C. Wagon

that is the point court jester...the dog argued all along that he hasn't proven he can carry the load...and well, he missed 25% of the games this year...but just to be sure, how did he do on the last offensive possession the Giants had? oh wait, he was on the sideline watching...doesn't sound like the back that they want carrying the load...unless it was just situational for that game...so let's see how he did in the 4th quarter of the TB game...oh wait, he was watching from the sidelines again...hmmm....

I guess all your higher education at Harvard went to waste, you dont get it. You sound like a broken record. Just get the fuck outta here, make us all happy.

I was mad with Jacobs on that third and two pitchout. He couldve easily gotten it if he stayed up, not dove 3 yards early. That play is designed for Bradshaw. Stop throwing screens to him too.

you're right, G The 3rd and 17 screen was a perfect example of that. It was set up perfectly (which you have to wonder why the Cowboys would not expect a screen there) but Jacobs was a step slow getting started and got caught from behind. Bradshaw would have run forever.

And May I say, eggdog, this is a ridiculous thread to post on a Giants fan board.

you're right, G The 3rd and 17 screen was a perfect example of that. It was set up perfectly (which you have to wonder why the Cowboys would not expect a screen there) but Jacobs was a step slow getting started and got caught from behind. Bradshaw would have run forever.

He bobbled the ball, he seems to do that on every screen play.

And May I say, eggdog, this is a ridiculous thread to post on a Giants fan board.

How can you say that when the DL clearly sniffed it out and was underneath it to stop Jacobs?

Ugliest screens in the NFL.

How can you say that when the DL clearly sniffed it out and was underneath it to stop Jacobs?

Ugliest screens in the NFL.

from what i saw tree, they were slow reacting but jacobs was slow out of the gate. 3rd and 17 screams bradshaw was my point.

I suppose that would mean something HAD WE LOST. Dumb ass.

ummm...OK. So you as a fan would not want the back that you viamently argued in favor of as the second coming of earl cambell carrying the load in the 4th quarter of playoff games? The dog suppossed that makes sense: Hey Coach, it's crunch time, let's get the ball in the hands of the guy that can carry us home! No, no, no...let's put him on the sidelines and hand it over to someone else...

sure, that makes sense...the dog likes your style...

ummm...OK. So you as a fan would not want the back that you viamently argued in favor of as the second coming of earl cambell carrying the load in the 4th quarter of playoff games? The dog suppossed that makes sense: Hey Coach, it's crunch time, let's get the ball in the hands of the guy that can carry us home! No, no, no...let's put him on the sidelines and hand it over to someone else...

sure, that makes sense...the dog likes your style...

Did you mean "vehemently?"

I guess all your higher education at Harvard went to waste, you dont get it. You sound like a broken record. Just get the fuck outta here, make us all happy.

the Dog didn't attend Harvard, but the dog can clearly use fact to support an argument, which they most likely stress at Harvard to students writing their thesis...hypothesis: jacobs has yet to prove he can carry the load as the primary back for a season...facts to support hypothesis: jacobs missed 25% of the games this year due to nagging injury; in the two playoff wins, Jacobs was watching from the sidelines at crunchtime when the team handed the ball to someone else to get the job done...

the Dog didn't attend Harvard, but the dog can clearly use fact to support an argument, which they most likely stress at Harvard to students writing their thesis...hypothesis: jacobs has yet to prove he can carry the load as the primary back for a season...facts to support hypothesis: jacobs missed 25% of the games this year due to nagging injury; in the two playoff wins, Jacobs was watching from the sidelines at crunchtime when the team handed the ball to someone else to get the job done...

A strained knee is hardly a nagging injury. Keep thinking what you want to.

A strained knee is hardly a nagging injury. Keep thinking what you want to.

regardless, the dog can attribute his running style which leads him open to such injuries...end result, he misses time...translation - he may not be able to stay healthy and carry the load - fact, he hasn't proven he can...

regardless, the dog can attribute his running style which leads him open to such injuries...end result, he misses time...translation - he may not be able to stay healthy and carry the load - fact, he hasn't proven he can...

Yes, your right...you just told me what I knew since his rookie year in 2005.

Congrats.

OK, so the Dog knows that this may be difficult for many here to do, but just out of curiosity, if you take the Giants out of the equation, which of the remaining 3 teams would you most want to see win the Super Bowl? The Dog, like many, has grown very tired of the Patriots...the Chargers were harmless until Rivers (who the Dog can state is a quality QB) started talking a tad too much, which leaves the feel-good Favre/Packers story, which the Dog isn't necessarily sure he feels good about...any thoughts?

If not the Giants then the Packers. I like Favre, and Green Bay is a reminder of all that is good about football fans in general. Plus, I'll always pull for the NFC over the AFC.

I like and respect Belichick, but I absolutely hate his players, most notably Harrison. I'm very tired with the whole Patriots thing....they think that they invented the concept of teamwork.

The team I don't want to see win the SB is the Chargers. Rivers is a complete punk.....he acts and looks like an evil Buzz Lightyear. And I'm certainly tired of hearing Chargers fans whine over the whole Eli trade.

In a perfect world, the Giants kick the snot out of Rivers to win the SB.

Interesting question. What strikes me about jacobs is that he couldn't get a first down in the Dallas game when the Giants needed it. Isn't that what you have a 260 pound back for?

Its going to be cold in Lambeau and the weather may be bad. This should be the perfect conditions for Jacobs. Will he show up?

Its going to be cold in Lambeau "Lambeau" isn't a city....it's going to be cold at Lambeau FIELD is what you probably meant?

...he couldn't get a first down in the Dallas game when the Giants needed it. He didn't get a first down in the recent Cowboy loss to the Giants when needed? Hmmmn? But Jacobs got a TD or two I believe. And "big Mouth" Jacobs did a pre game routine of TD spikes BEFORE the game....and told Pam Oliver that he was going to score a few times (not with Pam of course, she's married I believe).

Jacobs. Will he show up? Well I take it he will make the flight to Green Bay. He isn't on the I.R. is he? The real question is: Will Tony, Terrell, Marion, Tank, Patrick or Wade show up? IF they do...tell 'em to bundle up, git ya popcorn ready and prepare to enjoy traditional PLAYOFF football. Oh by the way, you wouldn't know about playoff victories....your team aint won a playoff in your lifetime.

If not the Giants then the Packers. I like Favre, and Green Bay is a reminder of all that is good about football fans in general. Plus, I'll always pull for the NFC over the AFC.

I like and respect Belichick, but I absolutely hate his players, most notably Harrison. I'm very tired with the whole Patriots thing....they think that they invented the concept of teamwork.

The team I don't want to see win the SB is the Chargers. Rivers is a complete punk.....he acts and looks like an evil Buzz Lightyear. And I'm certainly tired of hearing Chargers fans whine over the whole Eli trade.

In a perfect world, the Giants kick the snot out of Rivers to win the SB.

Wow, I couldnt of said it any better. I agree EXACTLY with this.