SportsWrath

Don't be surprised if we get a DT and Arrington

fishgutmartyr

I'm not going by anything but a hunch, but considering the number of players we're getting in the backfield, and how hard we seem to be trying to get Arrington, it looks like EA is trying to fill most of our holes in FA, rather than some in FA and the rest in the draft.

Again, I'm just speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised (if we get Arrington and someone like Pickett) if EA trades up in the 1st to get an OLT.

What do you guys think?

Judging by the depth of this draft, I would imagine that doing such a thorough job of addressing team needs would implore the Giants to stay put rather than trade up. If need is not a factor, why move a few spots to take, say, Ernie Sims when you can stay at 25 and take a comparable LB (i.e. DeMeco Ryans or D'Qwell Jackson)?

I'm not saying that I disagree with your POV, Money. I'm just looking back at some other EA drafts and thinking that we might be seeing something like the trade-up for Shockey again. Just a gut feeling that could very probably be wrong.

I'd be more than happy to forego Arrington and get a LB in the first. But I'm not Ernie.

Most first round picks are expected to start....Especially top 15 to 20

One of the few statements from you that I've actually agreed with.

However, to respond to a previous post, there's no way we're getting an OT in the first round, especially given the following two things: (1) Our glaring lack of depth at the LB position that was exposed big time last year and (2) the extreme depth at the LB position in this year's draft.

And regarding trading up, Money made a good point about getting comparable talent for the LB position at 25 than at 20 or maybe even 15.

Is it so hard to understand? FA is there to fill your holes. Draft is there to get young talented players for the future, not to fill your holes.

That depends entirely on what stage your team is in. If you don't have a decent core, or your players are aging and high-priced, you don't fill holes via free agency. You draft and take your lumps, let your kids get the experience, since you're going nowhere anyway. Please see what is happening in Tennessee.

In our case, I see your point.

The point of this thread was to speculate if EA would do something like that, not to voice a wish.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the 1st going to a LB (or trade down for more picks), draft one or two more, AND look at LBs in UDFAs. We have no one at WILL, I'm not all that crazy about Torbor/Emmons, and Blackburn could use some competition.

But with Pierce running things back there, I'm not as worried about a quality rookie starting as some seem to be.

One of the few statements from you that I've actually agreed with.

(1) Our glaring lack of depth at the LB position that was exposed big time last year and

I don't know about that one. We lost how many LBs last year in a span of how many weeks? The only thing we really could have done differently was IR Green earlier in the season.

I don't know about that one. We lost how many LBs last year in a span of how many weeks? The only thing we really could have done differently was IR Green earlier in the season.

I realize we were decimated by injuries and that those who were forced to fill in didn't do that great, a direct reflection of the lack of depth.

Judging by the depth of this draft, I would imagine that doing such a thorough job of addressing team needs would implore the Giants to stay put rather than trade up. If need is not a factor, why move a few spots to take, say, Ernie Sims when you can stay at 25 and take a comparable LB (i.e. DeMeco Ryans or D'Qwell Jackson)?

My thoughts exactly...

and as far as what the media portrays...i would image this paints a picture of what "SEEMS" to be..

no way in hell this guy signs and gets a 10mil bonus with NY...NO FUCKING WAY....

and any team thats willing to give him this money needs a head check...

Excellent point. However, for argument's sake....what about trading up for A.J. Hawk?

Excellent point. However, for argument's sake....what about trading up for A.J. Hawk?

Can't see why a team in the top 5-7 would trade all the way back to where we sit. We'd have to give up a lot to move up that far. I'd be shocked. I just don't see this as a realistic scenario.

Guest Nutty Sack
Can't see why a team in the top 5-7 would trade all the way back to where we sit. We'd have to give up a lot to move up that far. I'd be shocked. I just don't see this as a realistic scenario.

Don't call me crazy but I would trade Shockey for the pick to get AJ in a heartbeat. I know it certainly would not be popular but from a pure football field benefit stand point for the Giants, it would instantly give them one of the top defenses in the league.

Don't call me crazy but I would trade Shockey for the pick to get AJ in a heartbeat. I know it certainly would not be popular but from a pure football field benefit stand point for the Giants, it would instantly give them one of the top defenses in the league.

I picture lockhart whispering that in your ear, dye. And it's not a pretty picture. :LMAO:

Yeah but at the price of our Offen..Wait a minute, Im responding to nutty sack I don't have to be serious......Nutty Sack, Listen to your father and take your AZT

I picture lockhart whispering that in your ear, dye. And it's not a pretty picture. :LMAO:

I bet its a picture that will haunt you till the day you die. Don't you hate when that happen somebody says something and next thing you know your picturing your parents having sex :o See the difference between the Fag 4 and us is the we don't jerk off to those images :TU:

Guest Nutty Sack

Listen lets be serious here for a moment ,we're both grown men. Yes Shockey carries a certain macho charisma to the averag football fan that is very easy to identify with. And yes he showed a great deal of promise his first year and we all thought the sky was the limit. However, he definitely has flaws that will be there throughout his playing career. He's the one piece of the offense with value that can be replaced and not set the offense back tremendously.

Think about it AJ Hawk in a blue jersey next to Antonio Aaron Pierce. Come on you have to at least say it has merit.

Listen lets be serious here for a moment ,we're both grown men. Yes Shockey carries a certain macho charisma to the averag football fan that is very easy to identify with. And yes he showed a great deal of promise his first year and we all thought the sky was the limit. However, he definitely has flaws that will be there throughout his playing career. He's the one piece of the offense with value that can be replaced and not set the offense back tremendously.

Think about it AJ Hawk in a blue jersey next to Antonio Aaron Pierce. Come on you have to at least say it has merit.

It has merit, but it should take a lot more than AJ Hawk (high draft pick) for Shockey, a perennial pro Bowl TE. And, if you do get rid of Shockey, who do you replace him with? Or do you just go to a all wide receiver spread offense? Let's think this through. And don't say Shiancoe. He drops even more balls than Shockey when he plays.

Guest Nutty Sack
It has merit, but it should take a lot more than AJ Hawk (high draft pick) for Shockey, a perennial pro Bowl TE. And, if you do get rid of Shockey, who do you replace him with? Or do you just go to a all wide receiver spread offense? Let's think this through. And don't say Shiancoe. He drops even more balls than Shockey when he plays.

Well I wouild have said Dan Campbell up to yesterday but he signed with Detroit......Jeb Putzier......would be a great replacement without all the baggage. And it wouldn't take more .New Orleans would probably laugh in our face but it would be worth the try and Drew Brees would have someone to throw to. Whether he catches the ball or not is something else.

bump...

I'll replace shockey I just bumped by squats up to 365 with no belt....

now all I need is a good 40 time and some talent...and a clue...

LMFAO!!!

Well I wouild have said Dan Campbell up to yesterday but he signed with Detroit......Jeb Putzier......would be a great replacement without all the baggage. And it wouldn't take more .New Orleans would probably laugh in our face but it would be worth the try and Drew Brees would have someone to throw to. Whether he catches the ball or not is something else.

I like Putzier, but in the end, this is all your pipe dream. You know as well as I do, that if the Giants traded Shockey, it would be a PR nightmare. The only ones that would be happy would be you and the rest of the FAG 4.

I like Putzier, but in the end, this is all your pipe dream. You know as well as I do, that if the Giants traded Shockey, it would be a PR nightmare. The only ones that would be happy would be you and the rest of the FAG 4.

they just extended the guys contract...

PR nightmare, aside I wonder what his prorate would be...

Yeah because 6 drops a year is alot. :rolleyes:

But I'm sure Brees is will be use to it. Seeing that A. Gates had 5 drops in the Redskins game alone.

Guest Nutty Sack
Yeah because 6 drops a year is alot. :rolleyes:

But I'm sure Brees is will be use to it. Seeing that A. Gates had 5 drops in the Redskins game alone.

Look me straight in the eyes Nem and tell me you wouldn't give up Shockey to get AJ who would be a center piece along with Pierce on a menacing Giant D for the next ten years !!!