SportsWrath

The Eli draft

so-cal dub

So far, Ben looked like shit and Rivers is a close second. Eli looked great.

Take that haters!

Plus the last few weeks Rivers is doing his best impression of Ryan Leaf.

Yelling at Jay Cutler last week and now screaming at Chris Chambers today.

Hey asshole, Chambers ran a good route, you underthrew it dipshit.

That's true.

It's also true that Ben has a ring and Pro Bowl berth, and Rivers has a Pro Bowl berth.

I'm as excited as anyone, but let's not get carried away.

Ben has a ring inspite of his play, he play the worst game by a quarterback in

Superbowl history.

And what does a pro bowl birth mean? If Roy Williams from Dallas can get in,

then the what does that say about the pro bowl? It's a fucking popularity contest.

Superbowl history.

then the what does that say about the pro bowl? It's a fucking popularity contest.

Let us not forget that the Refs basically handed the Steelers that SB win.

Superbowl history.

That's true.

On the other hand, Eli has a win against the Bucs in the playoffs... and that's about it.

All I'm saying is let's not get carried away. He's played TWO good games in a row.

Lol, Seph this wasn't a thread directed at you. ;) I pretty much hate on Eli too. This thread is just a feel good sorta thing. All 3 of the top tier QB's taken in that draft are playing this post season and so far Eli is bar none.

SD is a bunch of thugs- did you see them hootin and hollerin while VY was unconscious for a bit? classy....

I've always felt that once I hear LaDanian Tomlinson say this about Eli Manning:

"If I see him on the sidelines, I'm going to run into him."

I will take pleasure in watching them lose to the Colts.

Lol, Seph this wasn't a thread directed at you. wink.gif I pretty much hate on Eli too. This thread is just a feel good sorta thing. All 3 of the top tier QB's taken in that draft are playing this post season and so far Eli is bar none.

Man, he has looked great these past two weeks. And he's looked a lot better than the other two guys. :TU:

But he's like that. He teases us with greatness, then goes 8-for-25 for 68 yards with two picks the next week.

I hope he's turned the corner... but he's had like five games so far in his career where he's "turned the corner" and then plays like shit for thee weeks in a row... so while I'm fucking ecstatic with how we've been playing, it's certainly a guarded enthusiasm. :unsure:

Man, he has looked great these past two weeks. And he's looked a lot better than the other two guys. :TU:

But he's like that. He teases us with greatness, then goes 8-for-25 for 68 yards with two picks the next week.

I hope he's turned the corner... but he's had like five games so far in his career where he's "turned the corner" and then plays like shit for thee weeks in a row... so while I'm fucking ecstatic with how we've been playing, it's certainly a guarded enthusiasm. :unsure:

I swear to Christ if he does do that next week I am going up to Vermont

and kicking your ass.

:P

I feel a bit more confident seeing how my theory about Eli and cold weather is proven every day. I'm very happy we're going to Dallas next .. not Green Bay. And I hope Seattle comes 2 weeks from today.

Can you imagine if we had to see Rivers throw in our climate?

I was just thinking about this, but Rivers would BLOW in New York.

The guy is Ryan Leaf with more talent around him. I lost all respect for

him after he yelled at Jay Cutler last week and how he cried when Chris

Chambers failed to knockdown that pass that was picked off.

Oh and Tomlinson is a little whiny bitch.

Rivers had four passes that looked like the receiver could have called a fair catch on.

That's why Accorsi didn't want to keep him. He watching him at Wake Forest(Accorsi

Alma Mater) and well, they suck at football and he said "it took forever for Rivers

to get the ball and that was against Wake Forest."

I swear to Christ if he does do that next week I am going up to Vermont

and kicking your ass.

:P

He should do well in Dallas.. it's the cold weather we need to worry about. I'm not even sure Eli knows it... All he has to do is stay warm.. and I don't mean sitting by a heater.. but warming up out there on the sidelines before he gets in the game.

Any of us who's played football in the cold knows that during the first couple of minutes, you're running funny.. can't catch for ish.. etc... but the minute you're warmed up.. it's over.

I love this board. If Eli lays an egg in Dallas will we all still be so high on him? I have to admit though I haven't seen Rivers play much but watching him today made be glad to have Eli's dopey expressions over his whinny attitude. It looked like on every botched play he wanted to lay down and throw a fit.

I love this board. If Eli lays an egg in Dallas will we all still be so high on him? I have to admit though I haven't seen Rivers play much but watching him today made be glad to have Eli's dopey expressions over his whinny attitude. It looked like on every botched play he wanted to lay down and throw a fit.

I think the biggest thing that came from this is that he CAN win

a playoff game.