SportsWrath

Eli and the OL cost us the game no doubt

Lughead

Excuses Excuses

Its always the same damn thing WELL I TELL YOU WHAT YOU DUMB FUCK OF ANIMALS HOUSE LOOKING REJECT GET SOME DAMN HEART AND EMOTION . He is always on the field with that dumpty dumb te dumpty dumb look on his face .

WHO OR WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THROWING AT OR TO TODAY DUMB ASS ?

I bet you made Peyton proud today huh I mean damn You wasted his day you schmuck as well as mine . Fix the shit that is wrong. DAMN why cant we have cut throat killer instinct. I mean FUck I am sick of this Lackadaisicall Offense and their Lackadaisicall LEADER.

Eli played like trash and the O-line looked like swiss cheese

So did the defense, Running game, receivers, Special Teams, and coaching staff. Can't put the loss on any one aspect of the game. They played their game and we as a team played like pure shit. Eli made a boat load of terrible throws, but when he did put the ball on the money there were dropped passes (see Reuben Droughns and basically everyone else). There is no way in hell that anyone here or in the NYG locker room, or in the media, or in the whole fucking world can put this loss on anyone but the whole team and not be completely full of shit.

BTW, don't take that as a shot at you. I'm just as pissed at Eli as everyone here is, but I can't blame him for every loss like the sports nation just loves to do.

Honestly, I CAN put this loss squarely on Eli. It all starts with your quarterback and he obviously can't quit making stupid, rookie mistakes. As in, pounding the ball off his own linemans backs, hitting defensive linemen in the dome, hitting defensive backs in the hands, and scrambling around like a retard and getting sacked anyway. He has no pocket presence or field vision whatsoever. OK, so the receiver broke to the outside instead of to the inside, he was STILL obviously covered, DONT THROW THE BALL. That would be a good place to take the sack. Not try to force a stupid pass in there when we were inside our own twenty!

So did the defense, Running game, receivers, Special Teams, and coaching staff. Can't put the loss on any one aspect of the game. They played their game and we as a team played like pure shit. Eli made a boat load of terrible throws, but when he did put the ball on the money there were dropped passes (see Reuben Droughns and basically everyone else). There is no way in hell that anyone here or in the NYG locker room, or in the media, or in the whole fucking world can put this loss on anyone but the whole team and not be completely full of shit.

The defense played well enough to win had we not given up 3 defensive touchdowns and another turnover. Hell if Umenyiora's forced fumble doesn't go right to Minnesota for a first down that's another scoring drive that gets stopped. And the Chester Taylor touchdown run was set up by yet another Eli interception that was returned into the red zone. I put that one on Eli. To me, the Defense only gave up 13 points. The special teams also did not play bad either. Ahmad Bradshaw ran well in his limited opportunities. Can't put too much on the running game either, because we had to be pass happy the entire second half because Eli had passed us way behind in the game. The Offensive line did not play well, too many penalties, and the protection was spotty at times, but not swiss cheese like other posters have said. I didn't think that Eli was harassed by the opposing front seven to a ridiculous level, but some of Minnesota's blitzes were effective and cleverly designed. Part of that is on Eli to recognize the blitz and make good decisions with the ball, audible the play, etc. He did not do any facet of the game well. To me, the game was lost by Eli first, the coaching staff second, the offensive line next, and lastly the receivers. But you can spin it how you want because you don't want to live in reality-land about Eli not being a big problem with this team.

28 points as a direct result of Eli's interceptions. I feel comfortable giving him the lion's share of the blame.

28 points as a direct result of Eli's interceptions. I feel comfortable giving him the lion's share of the blame.

how can you not...

Look, Ive defended him long enough. I know that our play calling has been awful and there have been a ton of injuries on O over the course of Eli's tenure, but has he ever done anything special to make you say."man this kid is going to be something special". No he hasnt. He seems to lack the "it" factor. To me, it seems like Eli doesnt have "it" and I dont see him being anything more than a medicre at best QB for his career. It is still early, but have we really seen any flashes of brilliance from him?

The defense played well enough to win had we not given up 3 defensive touchdowns and another turnover. Hell if Umenyiora's forced fumble doesn't go right to Minnesota for a first down that's another scoring drive that gets stopped. And the Chester Taylor touchdown run was set up by yet another Eli interception that was returned into the red zone. I put that one on Eli. To me, the Defense only gave up 13 points. The special teams also did not play bad either. Ahmad Bradshaw ran well in his limited opportunities. Can't put too much on the running game either, because we had to be pass happy the entire second half because Eli had passed us way behind in the game. The Offensive line did not play well, too many penalties, and the protection was spotty at times, but not swiss cheese like other posters have said. I didn't think that Eli was harassed by the opposing front seven to a ridiculous level, but some of Minnesota's blitzes were effective and cleverly designed. Part of that is on Eli to recognize the blitz and make good decisions with the ball, audible the play, etc. He did not do any facet of the game well. To me, the game was lost by Eli first, the coaching staff second, the offensive line next, and lastly the receivers. But you can spin it how you want because you don't want to live in reality-land about Eli not being a big problem with this team.

Wow... Didn't I say that I was pissed at Eli? I just can't blame Eli for every loss like everyone else does. We win and lose as a team. That's my way of thinking. (I.E. Jay Feely didn't lose the game for the Giants against Seattle two years ago. We had plenty of chances to win.)

Honestly I was at work and didn't see most of the game. Got a review from my father and looked at the er... highlights and it was worse than I thought. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I wanna kick Eli in the nutz.... then the coaching staff... then David Diehl and the rest of the OLine... then Eli again.

From what I did see, Our line WAS swiss cheese tho. It was pathetic.

The only thing I saw from ST was Tynes' opening kickoff.

I saw Osi's sack/forced fumble that ended up beyond the 1st Down marker.

WTF happened to the running game in the first half? (BTW This is a serious question cause IDK).

Anyway, the game is over and there's no reason to keep griping about it. What's done is done. We have Chicago next week and we'd better bring it. :brooding:

Look, Ive defended him long enough. I know that our play calling has been awful and there have been a ton of injuries on O over the course of Eli's tenure, but has he ever done anything special to make you say."man this kid is going to be something special". No he hasnt. He seems to lack the "it" factor. To me, it seems like Eli doesnt have "it" and I dont see him being anything more than a medicre at best QB for his career. It is still early, but have we really seen any flashes of brilliance from him?

Man... when you guys turn on a QB... you really turn.

Honestly, it's no secret that I'm no Eli lover, and he played like shit... but let's call a spade a spade; he had NO help from anyone on offense either. Dropped passes, Droughns running... the holes were there, but you've gotta hit em, Reuben... and there seemed to be defenders in his face all day. That being said, he threw three TD passes to the wrong team... he sucked as much as everyone else did.

After his rookie year games vs. Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti (two of which we win if the refs don't blow the fucking calls), I really thought we had something. After his win vs. Denver in year two, I thought we had our franchise QB who could lead the team to victory no matter how far behind we were in the 4th. After watching him play average for almost a whole season last year (minus the Philly game he was nothing special) and give games away vs. Jacksonville and Tennessee, I changed my mind.

It's not like he's NEVER had his moments... it's just that in year four... we're still talking about that Dallas game, that Denver game, and that Philly game. Hardly worth that 50 million bucks that could be better spent elsewhere.

Man... when you guys turn on a QB... you really turn.

Honestly, it's no secret that I'm no Eli lover, and he played like shit... but let's call a spade a spade; he had NO help from anyone on offense either. Dropped passes, Droughns running... the holes were there, but you've gotta hit em, Reuben... and there seemed to be defenders in his face all day. That being said, he threw three TD passes to the wrong team... he sucked as much as everyone else did.

After his rookie year games vs. Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti (two of which we win if the refs don't blow the fucking calls), I really thought we had something. After his win vs. Denver in year two, I thought we had our franchise QB who could lead the team to victory no matter how far behind we were in the 4th. After watching him play average for almost a whole season last year (minus the Philly game he was nothing special) and give games away vs. Jacksonville and Tennessee, I changed my mind.

It's not like he's NEVER had his moments... it's just that in year four... we're still talking about that Dallas game, that Denver game, and that Philly game. Hardly worth that 50 million bucks that could be better spent elsewhere.

I had this sinking feeling Today thinking about the career he has had, then it dawned on me > ELI is our REX Grossman ..... spotty can be hot one game and then Like a fish out of water the next only thing is Rex has seen a Superbowl. :o

I am also in a weird .... I dont know,area on Eli I am not on his bandwagon but I am not off his bandwagon Either it's more like I am riding a Giantsfan-wagon along side his bandwagon waiting .... waiting .... waiting for our wagons to get hitched together like they are bumping into each other but the Eli's Wagon just can't hook up to ours ,only periodically some times, like the hitch won't latch all the way ... I dont know that might not be a good adagee.

It's getting to be week to week We dont know wich Eli will show up the calm cool collected " I got this game watch " Eli or the "oh no , oh no" where do I throw it Eli.

I want to burn my wallpaper now but then I would need to by a new Monitor <_>