SportsWrath

The Plaxico plan!

osi724dasack

ok if we goto the playoffs...we are gonna need a healthy and effective Plaxico Burress

are options are...

Play him through the pain :unsure: and potentially worsen the injury for this year and maybe even for his career.

Give him 3 weeks off and see how he feels

but in order to give him 3 weeks off we need Steve Smith back to pick up some of the load...since Moss as a #2 wouldnt be pretty.

they key is to rest Plaxico to the point were his ankle is 100% so he and Eli can get back in sync while he practices fully...which should take 3-4 weeks of rest

ok if we goto the playoffs...we are gonna need a healthy and effective Plaxico Burress

are options are...

Play him through the pain :unsure: and potentially worsen the injury for this year and maybe even for his career.

Give him 3 weeks off and see how he feels

but in order to give him 3 weeks off we need Steve Smith back to pick up some of the load...since Moss as a #2 wouldnt be pretty.

they key is to rest Plaxico to the point were his ankle is 100% so he and Eli can get back in sync while he practices fully...which should take 3-4 weeks of rest

I'll go for the wirld card: He needs to stop whining about an alleged ankle injury. If you're injured it shows. I've spreained my ankles probably more than anyone I know (I was too fast for my own good and almost never had the proper sneakers on)... yes the ankle maybe tender at the beginning but when it warms up it's fine.. then it goes back to being tender when it cools down.

I'm not trying to come off like a tough guy here but if I was able to play on a serverly spreained ankle after a 240lbs+ guy landed on top of it on a tackle from behind (his knee landed right on it and we heard a "thud")... if I was able to continue playing in a pick up football game, you damn right it should be no problem playing in the NFL..

Sorry I'm not buying his excuses. Plax is mediocre at best and he's not worth the money we're paying for him.

I'll go for the wirld card: He needs to stop whining about an alleged ankle injury. If you're injured it shows. I've spreained my ankles probably more than anyone I know (I was too fast for my own good and almost never had the proper sneakers on)... yes the ankle maybe tender at the beginning but when it warms up it's fine.. then it goes back to being tender when it cools down.

I'm not trying to come off like a tough guy here but if I was able to play on a serverly spreained ankle after a 240lbs+ guy landed on top of it on a tackle from behind (his knee landed right on it and we heard a "thud")... if I was able to continue playing in a pick up football game, you damn right it should be no problem playing in the NFL..

Sorry I'm not buying his excuses. Plax is mediocre at best and he's not worth the money we're paying for him.

Not sure if you noticed...but he's still playing, and well, every game. You have no point.

He's able to play... great. So let's not use the injury as an excuse for his no-show vs Dallas.

Who is? All of our WRs were limited by a very good defense and scaredy-cat play calling which negated the deep threat.

And again, unless you're a doctor who has examined Plax's ankle then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm sure your performance in your amature pick-up games were heroic but you can't know how his injury is effecting him.

Who is? All of our WRs were limited by a very good defense and scaredy-cat play calling which negated the deep threat.

And again, unless you're a doctor who has examined Plax's ankle then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm sure your performance in your amature pick-up games were heroic but you can't know how his injury is effecting him.

...but its fact that he's been off it during practice and had the two weeks before and after the bye to rest up and STILL was a no show against Dallas, and in fact, I'd rather him have the sprained ankle that allowed him to put up huge numbers the first half of the season. At this point, I also believe it's an "alleged" ankle injury. It doesn't take a full season to recover from a sprained ankle. And Nas is right, sprained ankles no longer hurt after you first start working on it. I think our entire team came out cold and not ready to play against Dallas. Which is why the Giants will always lose after the bye.

...but its fact that he's been off it during practice and had the two weeks before and after the bye to rest up and STILL was a no show against Dallas, and in fact, I'd rather him have the sprained ankle that allowed him to put up huge numbers the first half of the season. At this point, I also believe it's an "alleged" ankle injury. It doesn't take a full season to recover from a sprained ankle. And Nas is right, sprained ankles no longer hurt after you first start working on it. I think our entire team came out cold and not ready to play against Dallas. Which is why the Giants will always lose after the bye.

Do you see him limping on the field? He's sore AFTER the game. I guarantee he gets whatever injections he needs to kill the pain come game time. This discussion is retarded.

If Plax was such a non-factor in the game how did Shockey remain single-covered to school Williams all day? Did Dallas only play 10 defenders? Dallas concentrated on shutting down our best weapon.

Based on his "pro-bowl" performance this year, it's not affecting him at all.

Yes the play calling can be called into question against Dallas.. or maybe not since Eli took the sack instead of doing something stupid when no one was getting open. Aside from the Pass down the Middle to Toomer and the desperation pass to Moss, I can't recall anything else...

Plax is paid top $ for games likes this. Anyone who's 6 5" can catch a jump ball over a 5 9" CB. I don't think you can fault for asking of our "stars" to step up when the going gets tough.

some of you pick the weirdest scapegoats. plax is a pro bowler for crisakes. dallas made it a priority to stop him- just as we did with witten or whatever their tight end is.

learn some football, will ya please?

Let's not question each others' football knowledge here... let's just debate and try to convince each other or agree to disagree..

I'm not looking at just this game. Plax has had good catches before.. but he's 6 5" and anyone who's played any support let alone Football and Basketball knows how HUGE height advantage is. That's why he's getting paid millions. All I'm asking is that he shows up when we're playing a good defense... and no Dallas' CB are not pro-bowl calibar. We lit them up for 300+ yards the first game.

Do you see him limping on the field? He's sore AFTER the game. I guarantee he gets whatever injections he needs to kill the pain come game time. This discussion is retarded.

If Plax was such a non-factor in the game how did Shockey remain single-covered to school Williams all day? Did Dallas only play 10 defenders? Dallas concentrated on shutting down our best weapon.

None of us saw that. The camera was on the ball. They never showed how covered Plax was.

I saw him coming out of the huddle.. hell most of the time he wasn't even in the huddle.. and he'd walk as though his heart is not in it.

Yes the play calling can be called into question against Dallas.. or maybe not since Eli took the sack instead of doing something stupid when no one was getting open. Aside from the Pass down the Middle to Toomer and the desperation pass to Moss, I can't recall anything else...

Plax is paid top $ for games likes this. Anyone who's 6 5" can catch a jump ball over a 5 9" CB. I don't think you can fault for asking of our "stars" to step up when the going gets tough.

Plax had 4 receptions for only 24 yards, they weren't even trying to hit him deep. I gotta believe they didn't want Eli throwing into double or triple coverage especially when Shockey was roaming free. We had 300 yards to Dallas' 328. Moving the ball was not the difference in this game.

Plax had 4 receptions for only 24 yards, they weren't even trying to hit him deep. I gotta believe they didn't want Eli throwing into double or triple coverage especially when Shockey was roaming free. We had 300 yards to Dallas' 328. Moving the ball was not the difference in this game.

We sent Plax on nothing but deep routes during the game. The Boys did a nice job of clamping down on it.

Plax's ankle is hurting his play though. I was for giving him the Phins game off then the bye, but we didn't.

i've sprained my ankle a million times too, sometimes i could walk on it the next day, other times i needed crutches for a few days and the swelling took weeks to go down. now imagine playing football once a week and getting hit while running on that ankle--it's certainly going to slow down your recovery.

and obviously plax's situation has gotten worse, it was pretty obvious that the gameplan was to target the hell out of shockey. it's not like coughlin woke up one day last week and said "hey, you know i haven't gone to shockey enough over the past 3.5 years, let's switch it up even though we've won 6 in a row". if you ask me i dont think the coaching staff planned on plax being anymore than a decoy last week and maybe if the game wasn't so important he might not have played at all

Let's not question each others' football knowledge here... let's just debate and try to convince each other or agree to disagree..

I'm not looking at just this game. Plax has had good catches before.. but he's 6 5" and anyone who's played any support let alone Football and Basketball knows how HUGE height advantage is. That's why he's getting paid millions. All I'm asking is that he shows up when we're playing a good defense... and no Dallas' CB are not pro-bowl calibar. We lit them up for 300+ yards the first game.

i have to question it when you call a guy who's having a pro bowl year 'mediocre' and you can't understand that a team is going to say 'that guy won't beat us"

we lit them up the first game and they adjusted- that's what coaches do. whitten lit us up in the first game and we adjusted. they were better at it.

Uhhh, I think we're saying that Plax is showing signs of disappearing in the second half of the season. Just like he's been doing his whole career.

IF his ankle hurts, he needs to stay off it, not be a complete non factor. Shockey always has field days against Roy Williams. And btw Terrence Newman and Anthony Henry aren't all that great.

And no one said Plax wasn't getting doubled and taking pressure off Shockey, but he gets doubled all the time and he still makes plays. He didnt this week. I dont think anyone thought Plax's complete no show was the reason we lost this game. Blame that on the defense and the poor pass rush that has really been sporadic all season.

and how can you say he's having a pro bowl caliber year!?

I can name off like 6 wrs from the NFC alone that are having better years.

Terrell Owens

Larry Fitzgerald

Torry Holt

Flipping Bobby Engram even!

Marques Colston

Roy Williams

Steve Smith

And yes, it's not just based on stats, it's all about the fans...but right now, he's like top 30 in the NFL

He definitely just disappears against good teams. It's ridiculous.

Terrell Owens

Larry Fitzgerald

Torry Holt

Marques Colston

Roy Williams

Steve Smith

And yes, it's not just based on stats, it's all about the fans...but right now, he's like top 30 in the NFL

idk man...a month ago he was a top 3 WR

and now hes top 30?

Terrell Owens - Definately

Larry Fitzgerald - his recent sucess is due to Boldin's lingering injury.

Torry Holt - Definately

Marques Colston - Definately been playing better the last few weeks.

Roy Williams -

Steve Smith - Speaking of dissappearing lately?

IF his ankle hurts, he needs to stay off it, not be a complete non factor. Shockey always has field days against Roy Williams. And btw Terrence Newman and Anthony Henry aren't all that great.

Never said they were, and they didn't need to be. Our Oline couldn't hold off the pass rush long enough for Plax to get open deep. His longest reception was 11 yards. Their secondary only needed to keep our receivers covered for a few seconds. Eli's tendacy to keep backpedalling instead of escaping the pocket didn't help either.

Their Oline, on the other hand, is great. They nullified our pass rush and allowed the time needed for their receivers to get open and Romo to find them.

Terrell Owens

Larry Fitzgerald

Torry Holt

Marques Colston

Roy Williams

Steve Smith

Maybe you should look at the stats 'cause none of those players have more TDs than Plax (tied 1st in NFC with Owens) and has double that of three on your list.

Maybe you should look at the stats 'cause none of those players have more TDs than Plax (tied 1st in NFC with Owens) and has double that of three on your list.

...And the rest have way more yards and receptions. I did look at the stats, ace. Burress is as inconsistent as they get. Add in dropped balls, and the fact that Burress will barely break 60 receptions again and I don't see how you could ever think he's making the pro bowl.