SportsWrath

When will it end?

gateb

Former Giant Tiki Barber: ‘I Miss Football’

By Dan Benton | October 8th, 2007

E-mail | Print | Share

It looks like the sudden success of the New York Giants has gotten to former running back Tiki Barber. Despite his stubborn attitude toward Tom Coughlin and relentless denial of a desire to return, things took 180 yesterday when he was interviewed in Steppin’ Out magazine.

“I miss football. I want to be out there playing on Sunday afternoons. I miss the stage. I also miss the guys a little bit because they were my close friends for so many years. In fact, I ran into Jeremy Shockey on the street the other day and I said to him, ‘Damn, I forgot how big you are!’ He gave me a big hug and said he missed me too. It was great. If I wanted to come back and play football next year I could. I know I still have a lot left,” Barber told Chaunce Hayden of Steppin’ Out magazine.

Maybe it's because he heard the boos after they were showing a video of him on the jumbo-tron at the game yesterday? :LMAO:

Maybe it's because he heard the boos after they were showing a video of him on the jumbo-tron at the game yesterday? :LMAO:

hahaha.. do we want him back?? many of you might want him back simply because he's one of the best giant's Runners also top 5 in the NFL.. but still i don't want him back, he'll just be back a year or two then quit on us again..

"In fact, I ran into Jeremy Shockey on the street the other day and I said to him, ‘Damn, I forgot how big you are!’ He gave me a big hug and said he missed me too but reminded me, that I had told him how big he was in the shower after the Eagle game"

That's fucking scandalous!!!! :o:o:o

hahaha.. do we want him back?? many of you might want him back simply because he's one of the best giant's Runners also top 5 in the NFL.. but still i don't want him back, he'll just be back a year or two then quit on us again..

No way. I hope Tiki comes back to the NFL. We still have his rights and teams would be willing to trade for him. So we'd at least get a mid-round pick or something.

No way. I hope Tiki comes back to the NFL. We still have his rights and teams would be willing to trade for him. So we'd at least get a mid-round pick or something.

Dude, I thought the exact same thing. "C'mon back, Tiki... to the Oakland Raiders. They love over the hill shit-talkers over there."

Meanwhile, we'll enjoy our 2nd round pick... maybe take another DE with him. :ph34r:

Everyone here knows I love Tiki, but I dont want him back. If he never left, thatd be one thing. But he wouldnt be back for long, and more importantly, I dont wanna fuck up what looks to be a lethal tandem. If this duo of Ward and jacobs keeps going the way its been, that would be too good to pass up for someone who would only be around a yr or two.

If Tiki decided to come back and commited to 2 years, I would welcome him back. And the Giants would be foolish not to. Again, despite the fact that he's acting like an ass now, he's still got the talent and he'd win games for us.

If Tiki decided to come back and commited to 2 years, I would welcome him back. And the Giants would be foolish not to. Again, despite the fact that he's acting like an ass now, he's still got the talent and he'd win games for us.

Yeah, but if he left and our run game just tanked, itd make sense. That didnt happen, our run game looks great and looks to get better. I dont see any point in it for short term other than to get Ward a starting position with another team.

Everyone here knows I love Tiki, but I dont want him back. If he never left, thatd be one thing. But he wouldnt be back for long, and more importantly, I dont wanna fuck up what looks to be a lethal tandem. If this duo of Ward and jacobs keeps going the way its been, that would be too good to pass up for someone who would only be around a yr or two.

Yeah we know! :rolleyes::P

No. Just...no.

1. There's no chance this season--even if he tried, he wouldn't be in game shape until after the bye. Even then, without the off-season conditioning he's been using, he's an injury waiting to happen.
  2. You're delaying the inevitable, and keeping Ward and Jacobs from getting time on the field.
  3. Even next year, it would be tough to get him back in shape, plus he'll be even older, so you wouldn't be getting the same player that left.
  4. I don't think this team would be all that thrilled having him back--certainly not guys like Manning or Pierce.
  5. I'm sure TC would be delighted.

If he wants back, trade him for some nice, high pick on a shitty AFC team.

How does one want one back if they never left? Please explain compadre? Mi no comprende?

No comprende?? What, you dont understand retard??? :P

Good eye, let me rephrase. If he never left, then we wouldnt be looking at a new lethal arsenal of RB's, therefore him being there would be great. But he left, Ward and Jacobs are going to do splendid, so stay retired Tiki. :TU:

No comprende?? What, you dont understand retard??? :P

Good eye, let me rephrase. If he never left, then we wouldnt be looking at a new lethal arsenal of RB's, therefore him being there would be great. But he left, Ward and Jacobs are going to do splendid, so stay retired Tiki. :TU:

NO habla engles.

Well if he never left we would have nothing to discuss. At this point I would hold his rights up for a kings ransom.

"Umm yes Jon Gruden this is Jerry Reese, we hear you are interested in acquiring the rights to Tiki Barber". Gruden "Yes Jerry can we work this out?" Reese "sure, how about you give me your first round pick in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and Luke Pettigouts game worn shoes so I can frame them as my first great move as Giant gm?". Gruden "ummm ummm umm I have to get back to you".

NO habla engles.

Well if he never left we would have nothing to discuss. At this point I would hold his rights up for a kings ransom.

"Umm yes Jon Gruden this is Jerry Reese, we hear you are interested in acquiring the rights to Tiki Barber". Gruden "Yes Jerry can we work this out?" Reese "sure, how about you give me your first round pick in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and Luke Pettigouts game worn shoes so I can frame them as my first great move as Giant gm?". Gruden "ummm ummm umm I have to get back to you".

If he turned that down after two straight years of Cadillac goin down, he'd be nutty.

NO habla engles.

I was actually thinking about this. I wonder if we could deal Droughns or Bradshaw. Is Bradshaw hurt or benched because of fumbling?