SportsWrath

Shockey

*SDMF*

The one at home vs GB was bad. But the last one, vs WAS, on a big throw by Manning between 2 defenders makes me fucking sick. I mean that was such a perfectly thrown ball it makes me sick he didnt catch it. Wake up Shockey, I wanna gloat about your play, not bitch about it.

The one at home vs GB was bad. But the last one, vs WAS, on a big throw by Manning between 2 defenders makes me fucking sick. I mean that was such a perfectly thrown ball it makes me sick he didnt catch it. Wake up Shockey, I wanna gloat about your play, not bitch about it.

Just compare him to Gates, and you should feel much better. Gates drops more balls than any TE I ever knew.

That's what I mean when I say this Giants team is the hardest one to root for that I can remember.

If you're Lawrence Taylor and you talk shit, you get three sacks, seven tackles and a forced fumble in the next game.

If you're Jeremy Shockey, you catch three passes, drop two, and cry about two that went the wrong way because you didn't know the route.

Not knowing the route has nothing to do with dropping those passes. Although I know what your saying. Its a new era.

He was just commenting on how LT can complain, because he produced and produced big. Shock will complain, but he aint always producing big.

Just compare him to Gates, and you should feel much better. Gates drops more balls than any TE I ever knew.

How many NFL Te's do you know? I met Mark Bavaro once back at the Garden State Plaza in 87. Do not know if that means I know him, but its close.

The Dog sees him as a potentially above average but at this time overrated (at least relative to his own opinions of himself) player...he is rarely healthy for the season, drops passes consistently, and has meltdowns each year that he is in the league...all that being said, the Dog agrees with earlier post that he is still probably more productive then a majority of TE's, or at least is in the top 10 in that position...

The Dog sees him as a potentially above average but at this time overrated (at least relative to his own opinions of himself) player...he is rarely healthy for the season, drops passes consistently, and has meltdowns each year that he is in the league...all that being said, the Dog agrees with earlier post that he is still probably more productive then a majority of TE's, or at least is in the top 10 in that position...

Top 10? Try top 3, easy.

as far as gates and shockey dropping a lot of passes goes, i'd like to know what their dropped balls/balls throw at them % is. im sure most other players with less balls don't get as many thrown to them (and for a reason to)

That would give you a better perspective on the two players. If you see thier ratio's Shock is FAR better. Gates drops more, but gets more thrown to him. There aint anyone else to pass to on SD.

I dont know about "5" passes, I do remember 2, maybe 3 if you count the tough one. But in anycase, we just look for reasons to bitch and cry about. The guy is better than 95% of the people in the league, is not even used properly, just close to maybe 50% of what he is capable of. Fassell used him wisely, it would be worth to go see some Fassell tapes to see how he was a beast on the field. He is now en excellent blocker too. Gives more than 100% in every play, whether running routes or blocking. I can never forget him dragging that Eagles lineman to the ground to make sure he was finished or the bulldozing even after his helmet was knocked lose. I for one am glad that he is playing for us and not against us. The rest of you are welcome to bitch and cry all you want.

i agree, fassel used him way better. i dont know if coughlin or gilbride or whoever designed their offense with the TE as a weapon in mind. i rarely see shockey split wide like fassel used to do or get some of those awesome screens we used to see all the time. and that's fine as long as we win, but if we're not getting it done offensively i think coughlin should seriously considering tweaking his playbook to get more creative with shockey

i agree, fassel used him way better. i dont know if coughlin or gilbride or whoever designed their offense with the TE as a weapon in mind. i rarely see shockey split wide like fassel used to do or get some of those awesome screens we used to see all the time. and that's fine as long as we win, but if we're not getting it done offensively i think coughlin should seriously considering tweaking his playbook to get more creative with shockey

Fassel had to use him more, he didnt have Plax.