SportsWrath

Obvious the Giants don't know what they are doing...

NeMesiS

Getting sacked 8 times in one game and leading a furious comeback against the fans team isn't tough?

Please, Eli Manning is tough, if you don't think other wise your a dumbass.

That last sentence makes no sense. You are basically saying that if you think Eli is tough, you are a dumbass. Still think Eli is tough? :confused:

The most hostile crowd I've ever seen on TV. Oh, Eli just threw for 352 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Of course the defense took a big, wet shit on the field that night.

Eli Manning is tough, I want to meet these people who say he isn't.

Meet me. He throws while backpedaling for what reason?

Because he doesn't want to get hit.

Go to the playoff game for a perfect example.

Giants tie the game with less than 6 minutes remaining, they let the Eagles drive it down their throats for 6 minutes.

That is unacceptable, I just know in my heart if the defense makes one stop, the Giants win that game.

Me too. But at the same time you have to realize that the defense played great all game long, and really kept us in the game in the second half.

Both sides are too blame. In the end, its usually eli that steps up and the defense that falters.

Eli Manning isn't tough?

If he isn't tough, does he lead the Giants back to a win in the last game of the season against the Cowboys in 2005?

The infamous audible play? Nah, I don't think so.

Does he lead the Giants back from the dead in Dallas a year later if he isn't tough after playing like

crap the whole game only to lose the game on a coin toss? Nah.

Does he lead the Giants THE VERY NEXT WEEK against the Denver Broncos with 3 minutes left in a thrilling game winner?

Nah, he is a pussy, he can't do that.

as the fabulous thunderbirds said:

Ain't that tough enough

Ain't that tough enough

Ain't that tough enough

Ain't that tough enough

For you, baby

I would swim the sea

Nothing I'd do for you

That's too tough for me

Meet me. He throws while backpedaling for what reason?

Because he doesn't want to get hit.

Great point, but some of the blame should rest on Awful Accorsi for his failure to obtain offensive linemen that can properly protect the person he drafted to be a franchise qb. Thankfully Awful is gone and I wish he had left a long time before he did. I think that we would have a better team now. :TU:

Great point, but some of the blame should rest on Awful Accorsi for his failure to obtain offensive linemen that can properly protect the person he drafted to be a franchise qb. Thankfully Awful is gone and I wish he had left a long time before he did. I think that we would have a better team now. :TU:

You've got to admit that Eli does have a bad habit of throwing off his back foot. It's a thing he wont let go of (habit wise). We shall see IF and when the Giants get protection for Eli if Eli continues to have that habit.

Question? Isn't Physical toughness mostly mental in the NFL???

I say tough in terms of, can he take a hit, sure?. Has he gotten hurt since he got here, no. Mental toughness is something that Phil Simms had, Joe Montana had, Elway, Peyton and Tom Brady. These are the type's of players that as a player you knew that he was going to lead you during the tough times. Eli hasn't done that cept for 2-3 games.

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt peyton manning do the exact same thing?

I've never seen Peyton do that. Then again, he's never really pressured either.

Eli is at his best when he asserts himself, sliding in the pocket and sometimes escaping the pocket. He has the ability to stay calm and be decisive, he just doesn't always seem to have the nerve. Too often he backpedals and throws up a duck rather than getting off a strong throw and taking the hit. He just looks scared, to me, in the pocket at times. That's not "tough".

I've never seen Peyton do that. Then again, he's never really pressured either.

Eli is at his best when he asserts himself, sliding in the pocket and sometimes escaping the pocket. He has the ability to stay calm and be decisive, he just doesn't always seem to have the nerve. Too often he backpedals and throws up a duck rather than getting off a strong throw and taking the hit. He just looks scared, to me, in the pocket at times. That's not "tough".

Ask a friend for a tape of the Colts Ravens game in the playoffs. He looked just like Eli so many times.

I say tough in terms of, can he take a hit, sure?. Has he gotten hurt since he got here, no. Mental toughness is something that Phil Simms had, Joe Montana had, Elway, Peyton and Tom Brady. These are the type's of players that as a player you knew that he was going to lead you during the tough times. Eli hasn't done that cept for 2-3 games.

:o

I'm not happy with Eli's performance either. But he has lead us to either a game tying or game winning drive at least 8-9 times.

Personally, I think we need to better protect him. He gets pressured up the middle way to often. Upgrading the center position would have done wonders for Eli. I think the Giants know that...

I'm not happy with Eli's performance either. But he has lead us to either a game tying or game winning drive at least 8-9 times.

Personally, I think we need to better protect him. He gets pressured up the middle way to often. Upgrading the center position would have done wonders for Eli. I think the Giants know that...

:LMAO: Miami took 2 centers :confused:

C Dan Fenton from Colorado is a UDFA (compairs to Jeff Hartings -steelers)

G Nathan Bennett from Clemson is a UDFA (compairs to Adam Timmberman- rams)

And we need guys who can catch the ball and not quit on plays. I think we made that clear in drafting Steve Smith.