SportsWrath

Pipedream offically over

Dragon

Hopefully, we actually blitz this year and get some pressure on the QB. Our "secondary" is god awful. You'll never see a coverage sack with these fucktards. I don't see our secondary being any better without Clements. But, jesus fucking christ he getting payed a lot, I don't want him at that price...damn.

Hopefully, we actually blitz this year and get some pressure on the QB. Our "secondary" is god awful. You'll never see a coverage sack with these fucktards. I don't see our secondary being any better without Clements. But, jesus fucking christ he getting payed a lot, I don't want him at that price...damn.

he was the only "shut down" Cb available

Mark down another check in Reeses shit list box. This guy is now starting piss me off. The sure fire CB with all the cap room we have, and we didnt even talk to him, that I know.

Whats next? "Giants sign free agent running back Corey Dillon"? :rolleyes:

Mark down another check in Reeses shit list box. This guy is now starting piss me off. The sure fire CB with all the cap room we have, and we didnt even talk to him, that I know.

I don't think we had a chance. And even if we did, there's no way we could've been competitive with the contract that SF gave him.

Sirius Radio is reporting this and we checked it out with several reliable NFL sources, and, yes, it appears cornerback Nate Clements is negotiating with the 49ers right now.

A 49ers spokesperson would not confirm the talks.

Clements is considered one of the top free agent prizes and his addition would be a huge upgrade to the 49ers secondary.

Earlier this morning, the Titans pulled out of the Clements' sweepstakes. Scout.com is reporting that the Browns also are making a strong run at Clements, who has 20 interceptions in five NFL seasons with the Bills. He has returned four INTs and two punts for touchdowns.

The Giants, who have about $17 million of salary cap space, also may try to lure Clements as a replacement for Sam Madison.Posted By: Nancy Gay (Email) | March 02 2007 at 11:05 AM

what's she talking about? what happened to madison?

San Francisco were poised to make a big splash, they had a shit load of cap room and frankly it's only going to take one or two top players to make them possible division winners. They had to make a statement and they just did.

Alex Smith

Frank Gore

Larry Allen

Vernon Davis

Nate Clements

It may be starting to come together again for San Fran.

your kidding right? you wanted us to sign Clements at that price?

We dont need a shutdown corner. If we start to build our personnel in our front 7 through the draft, and acquire decent players in our secondary (Rod Hood, Nick Harper, etc.) then well be fine. There are a lot of teams in similar conditions as us in the secondary but blitz a lot more and have a lot more success.

You'll see as the year goes on. Tim Lewis was a major culprit in our secondary sucking last year.

your kidding right? you wanted us to sign Clements at that price?

We dont need a shutdown corner. If we start to build our personnel in our front 7 through the draft, and acquire decent players in our secondary (Rod Hood, Nick Harper, etc.) then well be fine. There are a lot of teams in similar conditions as us in the secondary but blitz a lot more and have a lot more success.

You'll see as the year goes on. Tim Lewis was a major culprit in our secondary sucking last year.

OK ya got me. I guess it was a spewing of the mouth after I learned SF signed Clements, who I so wanted to be on the team... In reality, the FA period just broke ice and should be very interesting. I heard rumors of us after Cato, then heard we weren't after him, rather after Reese. I love this time.

San Francisco were poised to make a big splash, they had a shit load of cap room and frankly it's only going to take one or two top players to make them possible division winners. They had to make a statement and they just did.

Alex Smith

Frank Gore

Larry Allen

Vernon Davis

Nate Clements

It may be starting to come together again for San Fran.

i think they got the eagles safety too, michael lewis. but i don't see it like you. norv turner was a huge loss for this team, especially for alex smith. i know its a weak division but i say 7-9.

i think they got the eagles safety too, michael lewis. but i don't see it like you. norv turner was a huge loss for this team, especially for alex smith. i know its a weak division but i say 7-9.

Not to mention Frank Gore also...

Yes they did, I just read that also. read it here

Must be nice to have all that cap space....

Well, they've spent fuck all the last few years. Signed draft picks and picked up Larry Allen and a few others. But I think they are on their way back. I don't like Nolan as a coach overall, but if you have the talent it can cover some of his shortcomings.

7-9 might win that division, and in the NFC there's a good chance you'll get the wild card the way the teams are in the NFC.

Well, they've spent fuck all the last few years. Signed draft picks and picked up Larry Allen and a few others. But I think they are on their way back. I don't like Nolan as a coach overall, but if you have the talent it can cover some of his shortcomings.

They have alot of problem on both side of the ball. And keep in mind they play in one the weakess division in football.

They have alot of problem on both side of the ball. And keep in mind they play in one the weakess division in football.

I've mentioned that twice, but let's face it. Teams that have won the NFC the last 2 years have come from awful divisions. Momentum is a big deal in football, and the 49ers could be good enough to go 5-6 in the division. That's a big boost.

fact is they are getting pieces in place and there's improvement. I expect them to make a big jump this year.

I've mentioned that twice, but let's face it. Teams that have won the NFC the last 2 years have come from awful divisions. Momentum is a big deal in football, and the 49ers could be good enough to go 5-6 in the division. That's a big boost.

fact is they are getting pieces in place and there's improvement. I expect them to make a big jump this year.

You don't think the lost of Nerv turner is a hugh loss for them?