SportsWrath

Who Will Coach the Gaints after Coughlin in 2008?

Guest StrahansGap

Who will coach the Giants after Coughlin in 2008?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will coach the Giants after Coughlin in 2008?

• Tom Coughlin (2007 will be too good for him to be fired)
    • Bill Parcells (Tuna comes out of retirement.....again)
    • Bill Belicheck (Mastermind comes back to his old stomping ground)
    • Our new DC Spagnoulo (Our defense thrives in 2007 but offense suffers)
    • Hufnagel (Offense thrives, but TC loses 3 games for us single handedly)
    • Ray Handley (Just kidding)
    • Other (please list)

Ok so the coach I want to vote for isn't on that list and I can't vote Other because I can't believe you did not list him.

Charlie fricken Weis. How could you not include him?

I don't know if I want Charlie Weis. Yeah he brought Notre dame back up, but he hasn't beaten anybody. This year will show his whether or not he is the real deal, having to build up a new quarterback. I hope he does well because I like him and want him to succeed. He just hasn't convinced me yet.

If I had to pick from the list, I'd say Belichik. He's a proven winner. Parcells has kinda lost me as a coach, but he makes me laugh during his press conferences. :TU:

Guest StrahansGap
Ok so the coach I want to vote for isn't on that list and I can't vote Other because I can't believe you did not list him.

Charlie fricken Weis. How could you not include him?

Believe me, I thought of Weis. If I didn't hear Charlie Weis' voice in my head saying,"THERE IS NO WAY I'M LEAVING NOTRE DAME" and "I'M FINISHING MY CAREER WITH THE IRISH" and "I SIGNED A LONG TERM DEAL AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE", I would have listed him. I put down names that are REAL possibilities (except for Handley which was a joke). Ijust don't see Weis as a REAL possiblitiy at this point.

If you listened to Saban Alabama was a no-chance too. In this day and age I take no ones word as a guaruntee. If anyone is going to make Eli a good NFL QB it will be Weis, and for what this team gave up for Eli we need him. I don't care if it takes a Jerry Jones move with the organization paying ND a shitload of money, we need him.

Oh and he is coaching for a good Catholic school, that has to mean something for the old-school minds we have leading this team now.

If you listened to Saban Alabama was a no-chance too. In this day and age I take no ones word as a guaruntee. If anyone is going to make Eli a good NFL QB it will be Weis, and for what this team gave up for Eli we need him. I don't care if it takes a Jerry Jones move with the organization paying ND a shitload of money, we need him.

Oh and he is coaching for a good Catholic school, that has to mean something for the old-school minds we have leading this team now.

Well Mara is Irish Catholic but Tisch is jewish. Those Irish Catholics, seems like we had a lot of them. I don't think it really matters, I am just fooling around. I guess Weis is Catholic too, could be Jewish.

Bill Cowher. A coach who's old-school, hard-nosed, and a winner.

And Huffnagle is already gone. I think you meant to say Kevin Gilbride (who fucking sucks... watch our offense finish in the bottom third of the league next year... in eight seasons as OC or HC, FIVE times his offense finished in the bottom third).

.....after we go 12-4 and go to the Superbowl next season with an easy schedule

TC will be back for more !

We better enjoy the 07 schedule, because 08 is gonna be tough. We play the NFC West, which is okay, but we play the AFC North, which is the toughest in football IMO.

Bill Cowher. A coach who's old-school, hard-nosed, and a winner.

And Huffnagle is already gone. I think you meant to say Kevin Gilbride (who fucking sucks... watch our offense finish in the bottom third of the league next year... in eight seasons as OC or HC, FIVE times his offense finished in the bottom third).

Cowher wont be comming to NY. He is not a NY person. I cannot see him being the coach of the Giants. I give it a .01% chance. If Coughlin falters, then I give BB a much higher percentage of a chance to come to the Giants, if he doesn't sign an extension. I think we can judge next season right after the draft. We will have a much better schedule next year and I am willing to give this entire coaching staff a second chance. I think having Tim Lewis gone might be the best thing. We have to cut down on penalties and need less injuries.

Cowher wont be comming to NY. He is not a NY person. I cannot see him being the coach of the Giants. I give it a .01% chance. If Coughlin falters, then I give BB a much higher percentage of a chance to come to the Giants, if he doesn't sign an extension. I think we can judge next season right after the draft. We will have a much better schedule next year and I am willing to give this entire coaching staff a second chance. I think having Tim Lewis gone might be the best thing. We have to cut down on penalties and need less injuries.

Isn't Cowher taking the year off and spending it down in one of the Carolina's to be with his family? My bet is, after the Panthers stink it up next year, Fox will be gone and Cowher will take over as HC. As for who coaches the Gmen in '08....Belicheck.

Isn't Cowher taking the year off and spending it down in one of the Carolina's to be with his family? My bet is, after the Panthers stink it up next year, Fox will be gone and Cowher will take over as HC. As for who coaches the Gmen in '08....Belicheck.

Yeah that can happen. I just don't see Cowher coming to New York. Who knows, maybe he will go back to the Steelers. I am not even sure if BB will even go back to coaching after his deal is up next season with the Pats. I really never liked Coughlin and really was not so enthused with that signing. I can live with him though and if he revives this team and we go far then it will be great but I just don't see it happening. He will probably be shit-canned next year. I am not really not in the mood for this rebuilding bullshit. We have a solid enough team to make a run and go very deep in the playoffs, but how many years have we been saying this? I would love BB here and he would be my numero uno choice. I am just not sure if he will want to continue to coach. What I am hoping is that he quits soon and takes the year off then he comes here.