SportsWrath

Giants should start the game in no-huddle

Plow

I thought they should do the no-huddle too, then in the second half of the season they started doing it more and we still basically sucked.

No matter how you slice it, our offense sucks. Who knew Amani Toomer was so important?

actually if we had a LT that could block and a WR step up and make a play, we'd be fine. Oh wait both of those went on IR 2 months ago.

I agree with you. Eli isn't the biggest problem with this team.

i think it would be so great to just line up in a running formation first play of the game and bust out the fleaflicker...if there was one thing that I loved about fassell it was that he always did the flea flicker once per year and always in the most perfect situation. DOOOO IT.

I miss Fassel, never thought Id say it.

How about a muddle huddle where they are just a bit quicker in and out of the huddle?

If that play clock gets below ten, you can count on Eli having to burn TO's when he doesn't want to.

Ugh... I can't stand when they burn timeouts. It seems to happen EVERY HALF!

The Jets have had ZERO delay of game penalties this season. Wanna know why???

BECAUSE THEY HAVE A SMART COACH WHO USES THE PLAY CLOCK AND CALLS PENALTIES IN PRACTICE. :doh::doh::doh:

WHO WOULDA THUNK IT???

My predictions:

Win or Lose, I predict that #85 Tyree will have a BIG impact on the medium range passing game.

Win or Lose, there WILL be some long passing plays on first down to #83 S. Moss and #84 Carter.

Who would you rather send deep... the WR with better hands (Moss) or the WR with better acting skills (Carter).

I thought they should do the no-huddle too, then in the second half of the season they started doing it more and we still basically sucked.

No matter how you slice it, our offense sucks. Who knew Amani Toomer was so important?

ME!

All you have to do is watch the games to realize Toomer was Eli's only dependable option at WR/TE.

I'm not taking a shot at you, I'm just saying....

Who would you rather send deep... the WR with better hands (Moss) or the WR with better acting skills (Carter).

Carter gets the edge because of that 'experience' factor. He's a better flopper. The Rook would never get that pass interferance call from a ref...even if he was getting mugged by the secondary.

Carter gets the edge because of that 'experience' factor. He's a better flopper. The Rook would never get that pass interferance call from a ref...even if he was getting mugged by the secondary.

Yeah, you like that no call on the bomb that Eli threw Sinorice earlier in the game? He was getting raped.

No, it's not so much Toomer, but more Luke Petitgout. Left Tackle is just as important as QB.

Toomer is so clutch and actually has some chemistry with Eli. It's no coincidence that Toomer goes out and we start the downward spiral. Petitgout is very important, too, but I feel the loss of Toomer is bigger.

Toomer is so clutch and actually has some chemistry with Eli. It's no coincidence that Toomer goes out and we start the downward spiral. Petitgout is very important, too, but I feel the loss of Toomer is bigger.

I'll say this again...

No chance in hell Toomer drops that pass on 4th and 2 against the Saints. I think that was the biggest play of that game. Shockey blew it in a big spot.... again....

My predictions:

Win or Lose, I predict that #85 Tyree will have a BIG impact on the medium range passing game.

Win or Lose, there WILL be some long passing plays on first down to #83 S. Moss and #84 Carter.

My prediction when we win: Jacobs will have a big game.

ME!

All you have to do is watch the games to realize Toomer was Eli's only dependable option at WR/TE.

I'm not taking a shot at you, I'm just saying....

I know. The "who knew Toomer was so important" question was a rhetorical one. ;)

I knew Tiki's game was gonna suffer for a little while, too. You ever see those blocks Amani throws downfield?

Well, its must not matter, even with Amani, Eli would still suck, right?

LOL, golfingkid, why do you get so mad when I say Eli sucks? Here are his stats for his first three years:

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

2004 New York Giants 9 7 197 95 48.2 1043 5.29 52 6 9 13/83 11 55.4

2005 New York Giants 16 16 557 294 52.8 3762 6.75 78 24 17 28/184 49 75.9

2006 New York Giants 16 16 522 301 57.7 3244 6.21 55 24 18 25/186 33 77.0

TOTAL 41 39 1276 690 54.1 8049 6.31 78 54 44 66/453 93 20 73.2

Now you might say that 24 TDs to 18 INTs is great; I don't. You might think that a 77.0 passer rating is great; I don't.

As I've said in other threads; he makes the same mistakes over and over that the "smart" QB coming out of college shouldn't be making in year three. Like the passes ten yards over Shockey's head and the failure to be able to throw an accurate pass to the flats. Is part of it his recievers dropping passes and acting like ten-year-olds? Is part of it the fact our OC is borderline retarded? I'd say yes to both, but a BIG part of it is also Eli's inability to progress.

Last game I saw him really take control of and win was last year against Denver. Those types of games have been pretty few and far between since then, and I've seen him fuck up in the 4th a lot more than I've seen him command the game in the fourth (granted, I didn't get to see the Eagles game this year at Philly).

In my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions), the kid doesn't have it. He could still be on some successful teams if we get a coaching staff that realizes what I think he probably is; a career journeyman with average (not great) skills. For every Brett Favre, there's a Trent Dilfer... and they both have a Super Bowl Ring. I just don't think you can put the game on his shoulders on a consistant basis and expect him to win it.

You can stay on the Eli lovewagon all you want; I'm off it. When we win a Super Bowl, or Eli makes the Pro Bowl, I'll man up and say I was wrong (and boy, that'd be the easiest 'my bad' in the world, believe me), but I don't think you need to get pissy with me because I think he sucks.

Trust me, I ain't the only one.

when I say Eli sucks? Now you might say that 24 TDs to 18 INTs is great; I don't. You might think that a 77.0 passer rating is great; I don't.

As I've said in other threads; he makes the same mistakes over and over that the "smart" QB coming out of college shouldn't be making in year three. Like the passes ten yards over Shockey's head and the failure to be able to throw an accurate pass to the flats. It is Eli's inability to progress.

Last game I saw him really take control of and win was last year against Denver. Those types of games have been pretty few and far between since then, and I've seen him fuck up in the 4th a lot more than I've seen him command the game in the fourth (granted, I didn't get to see the Eagles game this year at Philly).

In my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions), the kid doesn't have it. He could still be on some successful teams if we get a coaching staff that realizes what I think he probably is; a career journeyman with average (not great) skills. For every Brett Favre, there's a Trent Dilfer... and they both have a Super Bowl Ring. I just don't think you can put the game on his shoulders on a consistant basis and expect him to win it.

You can stay on the Eli lovewagon all you want; I'm off it. When we win a Super Bowl, or Eli makes the Pro Bowl, I'll man up and say I was wrong (and boy, that'd be the easiest 'my bad' in the world, believe me), but I don't think you need to get pissy with me because I think he sucks.

Trust me, I ain't the only one.

You are NOT the only one. IMO, he can be a servicable QB....but the thought of giving up Rivers, Merriman and a kicker is a bit much to be just 'servicable'.

And NFL network showed a special on the Eagles/Giants games this year. Both games. And wow what a difference from the first game to the second one with the Eagles. Eli was a much more confident QB vs the Eagles in their first battle this year.