SportsWrath

Our GM next year will be Scott Pioli and our coach will be Bill Belichick

Plow

It's Belichick's last season under contract with the Patriots and there are suspicions that he doesn;t want to return. It is no secret he has always wanted to coach the Giants, and Pioli has always wanted to be GM of the Giants. We get Pioli, we will get Bill Belichick.

This is all my speculation, but it could happen.

Would be very nice but I don't think we have a chance at either one unless the tightwads in the front office open up their checking books in a huge way. Pioli is locked in a contract that has a very high buy-out cost IIRC. And while Belichick might want to coach here, he won't come cheap either.

Of course the other coaching alternative I would like is Weis, and he would be very pricey as well.

I would love to try Belichick as our head coach, although good defensive coordinators don't always make good head coaches. Remember Bill Arnsparger.

you're right, we need a former defensive coordinator who has proven himself as a head coach......

you're right, we need a former defensive coordinator who has proven himself as a head coach......

Niether of them with be wearing giants blue after this season. Why do I get the feeling the Giants are going to hire Dennis Green. :cwy: