SportsWrath

Different Outlook

feefifoefum

I know we've lost 4 in a row, but yesterday's game was different than the others. The team played with great effort, and that is the reason we had a chance to win against a very good team. If you took yesterday's game and separated it from 3 prior games, to me, there are some encouraging signs. Eli looked good. We got some defensive starters back. The Giants lost because they shot themselves in the foot. I know, it's the same old story, but there is always hope that they can stop beating themselves.

I guess my point is this: I can't take this losing and I'll say anything to make myself feel better. :cwy:

There are definately positives to take from the game, especially with Eli. I just hope we didn't dig too big of a hole for ourselves.

It's the NFC! What hole??

I still don't think the division is out of reach. We do own the tie breakers.

I know we've lost 4 in a row, but yesterday's game was different than the others. The team played with great effort, and that is the reason we had a chance to win against a very good team. If you took yesterday's game and separated it from 3 prior games, to me, there are some encouraging signs. Eli looked good. We got some defensive starters back. The Giants lost because they shot themselves in the foot. I know, it's the same old story, but there is always hope that they can stop beating themselves.

I guess my point is this: I can't take this losing and I'll say anything to make myself feel better. :cwy:

If the receivers will keep giving the effort they did sunday, and somebody, somewhere can do something with these d backs we will be fine.

If the receivers will keep giving the effort they did sunday, and somebody, somewhere can do something with these d backs we will be fine.

You gotta wonder if it's defensive coaching rather than talent. Tim lewis isn't exactly Lovie Smith and we also hired the Chiefs secondary coach this offseason.

Hell, you never know. WE're gonna be the same team minus 2-3 players in the playoffs if we manage to get in there.

As for tonight, go Panthers! As of now I think Carolina is a given as at least a WC. So I want every 6 loss team to turn into 7, which every team has except Atlanta. And I want Carolina to have less urgency against us next week.

I feel the same way. Doesn't change the fact that we lost...but all I needed to see was that one good game from Eli after all this shit. I still firmly believe if we can get our people back and be close to full strength going into the playoffs if we get there, were a legit SB contender...call me crazy.

I feel the same way. Doesn't change the fact that we lost...but all I needed to see was that one good game from Eli after all this shit. I still firmly believe if we can get our people back and be close to full strength going into the playoffs if we get there, were a legit SB contender...call me crazy.

Actually, if Dallas loses two and we win out, we win the division.

How'd ya like them apples? :TU:

I love them apples.

And don't think it's impossible. It's the NFL, crazy things happen. Romo can't continue the pace he was on. Teams will adjust and maybe now is the time...

Rex Grossman was hot earlier in the year, and now he's doing more to hurt his team. Come on Romo...SUCK!!

fuck this, its heading into week 14, as it stands now we are in the playoffs! WE AND ONLY WE at this point control our own destiny. There should be no other outlook and as far as I am concerned there is no guarantee that the NFC east is lost, in todays NFL, anything can happen.

Would it surprise anyone if Atlanta beat the Boys Sunday?

We have a VERY good conference record and have loads of tiebreakers. I expect nothing else but to get into the playoffs. The time to get hot is now, just like in 2002, after a brutal 3 point home loss to the Titans.

We are in control, no one else and thats all you can ask for.

fuck this, its heading into week 14, as it stands now we are in the playoffs! WE AND ONLY WE at this point control our own destiny. There should be no other outlook and as far as I am concerned there is no guarantee that the NFC east is lost, in todays NFL, anything can happen.

We have a VERY good conference record and have loads of tiebreakers. I expect nothing else but to get into the playoffs. The time to get hot is now, just like in 2002, after a brutal 3 point home loss to the Titans.

That's what I'm tawkin' bout!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

It ain't over until the math says it is...

That was one of the funnest 4 game stretches of my life.

Hope we get it going again.

It's amazing that we are. I don't think I doubt the players mental toughness. Eli pulled himself out of the slump...Plax gave more of an effort yesterday (I like the play when he put his head down and pushed for the first down)...and Kiwanuka is getting better and hit Romo hard...I just don't trust our coaches, I doubt that they will put this team in a position to win. Now, we're getting healthy again...and like our five game win streak I see the Giants simply "out-talent-ing" other teams in spite of our "schemes".

In 2004, we would have made the playoffs if we went 8-8. Looks like that could possibly happen again...although I'd like us to win out. It would be something to see the Giants finish second in the division with the best divisional record in the east.

Going deep into the playoffs would require good coaching. Which is what we don't have...I'll be happy with just a playoff berth at this point.

I agree with you. Seriously what team in the NFC we can't beat when we got our starters on the field?

You're batshit crazy my friend. Not with these coaches. We can win out if we want to...once the playoffs roll around we can't "Out-talent" teams anymore. If we were outcoached in 2005...holy shit, we may put up (or down) negative points and the Giants might owe the NFL money after such a pop-warner perfromance. I'll be happy with just getting to the playoffs.

Saints will beat dallas. they have hard hitting d backs, big fast receivers, and breeze is on fire.

Dallas d can take down teams like the Saints. Bush will get raped against a team like Dallas. A fast 3-4 defense would be disaster for an RB like him.

Dallas d can take down teams like the Saints. Bush will get raped against a team like Dallas. A fast 3-4 defense would be disaster for an RB like him.

Personally, I think Dallas' D is overrated. I mean, we averaged over 400 yards against them this year. And whenever they play a good offensive team, they seem to give up alot of yards to them. Good Defenses shut down offenses..period. Something they clearly haven't done.

Personally, I think Dallas' D is overrated. I mean, we averaged over 400 yards against them this year. And whenever they play a good offensive team, they seem to give up alot of yards to them. Good Defenses shut down offenses..period. Something they clearly haven't done.

Good point. They did do a great job containing the Colts but it was clear Indy had no intentions of winning that game.