SportsWrath

2 Problems With This Game

Lubeck

1. Totally Disagree with you I loved that coughlin went for it and before the play i was hoping we were going for it, it was in that area of the field where it is a long fg and not worth a punt... the only thing i would say to do on that play would be to run to the right side of the line they are a little stronger with snee and mckenzee...

2. You have to take the points when you can get them... you cant be trying to screw around wasting time this isnt ncaa/madden if you have a play that will get you the points do it i dont care how much time is left.

The thing i think needs the most imporvment on is what has been a problem before... good between the 20's but not inside of them def did not make enough out of some poessions

1. Totally Disagree with you I loved that coughlin went for it and before the play i was hoping we were going for it, it was in that area of the field where it is a long fg and not worth a punt... the only thing i would say to do on that play would be to run to the right side of the line they are a little stronger with snee and mckenzee...

2. You have to take the points when you can get them... you cant be trying to screw around wasting time this isnt ncaa/madden if you have a play that will get you the points do it i dont care how much time is left.

The thing i think needs the most imporvment on is what has been a problem before... good between the 20's but not inside of them def did not make enough out of some poessions

Excellent. I definitely didn't second guess us going for it on 4th down either.

I hope everyone realizes that we outplayed Dallas in everyway except for our penalties:

------------------------Cowboys-----Giants

1st Downs--------------- 21 ----------22

3rd down efficiency---- 6-11------- 6-12

4th down efficiency----- 0-0 --------0-1

Total Yards --------------365 --------396

Passing ------------------255-------- 270

Comp-Att --------------20-34------ 24-36

Yards per pass---------- 7.5 ---------7.5

Rushing------------------ 110 --------126

Rushing Attempts-------- 24 ---------29

Yards per rush ----------4.6 ---------4.3

Penalties----------------- 7-58------- 9-94

Turnovers----------------- 2----------- 1

Fumbles lost-------------- 0----------- 1

Interceptions thrown----- 2----------- 0

Possession --------------26:39----- 33:21

Excellent. I definitely didn't second guess us going for it on 4th down either.

You are in a position to get points in a game that is tied. If we were up by a TD or even a FG fine go for it, we had some momentum going, but NEVER in such a close game take a chance like that. I'm not saying it lost the game, like you said we outplayed them and our penalties killed us, but you never leave points on the field like that in such a close game, especially when doing so gives the other team a chance to get ahead.

You are in a position to get points in a game that is tied. If we were up by a TD or even a FG fine go for it, we had some momentum going, but NEVER in such a close game take a chance like that. I'm not saying it lost the game, like you said we outplayed them and our penalties killed us, but you never leave points on the field like that in such a close game, especially when doing so gives the other team a chance to get ahead.

I understand that but I believe that field goal wasn't exactly a sure thing. Not sure what the distance was and if we miss, we give the ball to Dallas in great field position. Besides, Eli and the team wanted to go for it. I just didn't expect Jacobs to go sideways.

I understand that but I believe that field goal wasn't exactly a sure thing. Not sure what the distance was and if we miss, we give the ball to Dallas in great field position. Besides, Eli and the team wanted to go for it. I just didn't expect Jacobs to go sideways.

field goal was the right call there. i said that before the 4th down play and i have witnesses (who disagreed with me).

field goal was the right call there. i said that before the 4th down play and i have witnesses (who disagreed with me).

I don't recall where the ball was (how long would the field goal have been). If that play produced a first down, no one would complain. Conversely if we went for the field goal and we miss, people will complain.

They should've sneaked the ball....

They should've sneaked the ball....

I agree and was screaming at the TV for that... Eli showed a little fire before that play. He might have gotten more fired up if he got the call and made it. That would have been funny to see....

Didn't he look awkward when signaling for the Giants to go for it?

I agree and was screaming at the TV for that... Eli showed a little fire before that play. He might have gotten more fired up if he got the call and made it. That would have been funny to see....

Didn't he look awkward when signaling for the Giants to go for it?

Like a kid getting his first piece of arse...