SportsWrath

2 Problems With This Game

Lubeck

1. Coughlin. Go for it on 4th and 1? WHY?! Jacobs is awesome but he isn't a lock for a first. Get the three and take the lead dumbass. Not go for it, not get it, and give Dallas starting position and give them the 3 point lead. Oh by the way the game was won on 3 points.....

2. Time out with 1:45 left in the game. You had TONS of time to burn to plan a play. You had what 12 yards to go? Ok I understand you need a TD to tie....but Romo has been picking apart the secondary all day. Somehow our secondary leaves HUGE holes he was finding. We had the TOs to burn if we needed to stop the clock. Yet for some reason we took a timeout, and left Dallas with a minute to work with. Great clock management.

Long story short, Coughlin needs to go.

I agree with you there. Again, decisions within 2 minutes killed us. The 4th down call was terrible. I could see Parcells smiling at Coughlin's stupidity.

But, we lost because the defense could not get off the field on 3rd down.

Great game, though. Eli had flashes of brilliance. That TD pass to Shockey was Elway-like.

it's one thing to go for it with jacobs on 4th and 1, but why call an offtackle run? the dallas defense is small and fast, shove it down their throats, dont waste time by making eli run to the left and hand it off for an off-tackle run. horrible play. and obviously you're 100% correct about the timeout

I don't agree with the first part. Eli was showing fire and begging to go for it. Thats a good decision, let your struggling QB get inspired. The problem is the choice of plasy (who'd of thunk). Running the big man outside was idiocy. Pound with Jacobs or roll out and let Eli hit shock or Tiki.

1. Coughlin. Go for it on 4th and 1? WHY?! Jacobs is awesome but he isn't a lock for a first. Get the three and take the lead dumbass. Not go for it, not get it, and give Dallas starting position and give them the 3 point lead. Oh by the way the game was won on 3 points.....

2. Time out with 1:45 left in the game. You had TONS of time to burn to plan a play. You had what 12 yards to go? Ok I understand you need a TD to tie....but Romo has been picking apart the secondary all day. Somehow our secondary leaves HUGE holes he was finding. We had the TOs to burn if we needed to stop the clock. Yet for some reason we took a timeout, and left Dallas with a minute to work with. Great clock management.

Long story short, Coughlin needs to go.

Not to stick up for the coach, but in the post game he said that Jacobs bounced that run outside, it was called between the tackles and the time out came from on the field not the coaches booth.

Turning on the cover none D was all the coaches fault

it's one thing to go for it with jacobs on 4th and 1, but why call an offtackle run? the dallas defense is small and fast, shove it down their throats, dont waste time by making eli run to the left and hand it off for an off-tackle run. horrible play. and obviously you're 100% correct about the timeout

I agree with you...I don't mind going on forth and on. But again, what seems to be the achillies heel of this team this years, is the play calling and play selection. I was hoping we use a play acting with Shank (since I don't belive Shockey was in that play) to catch the Cowboys of guard.

But what do I know, I'm just a football fan. <_>

the handoff was an off-tackle handoff.

Um, not that I recall. He went straight forward with it, it was closed, he tried to go outside and Ware was waiting for him. If it was an off-tackle I really don't think Jacobs would have went right towards Ware, but then again it wasn't an off-tackle.

I don't care if my QB was fired up. The coaches call was the field goal. If it was good, we'd have OT in our own building.

Btw, it looked to me that Jacobs bounced it outside as well.

It should tell you what they think about Feely....I think they (The coaches) don't trust him.

perhaps i need to watch the game film again (not that i have any such plans) but to me that looked like an off tackle hand off. eli had it for a pretty long time, relatively speaking, and seemed to turn and run to the left to meet jacobs and hand the ball off to him, intsead of having jacobs run straight up the middle and just take it from eli

It should tell you what they think about Feely....I think they (The coaches) don't trust him.

i thought that too, but he's pretty solid within the 25. i think its more that coughlin is like someone here says "a cheerleader." he saw his team fired up and he lost his logic.

perhaps i need to watch the game film again (not that i have any such plans) but to me that looked like an off tackle hand off. eli had it for a pretty long time, relatively speaking, and seemed to turn and run to the left to meet jacobs and hand the ball off to him, intsead of having jacobs run straight up the middle and just take it from eli

I'm pretty sure he ran straight up, got the ball, the middle was shut down so he tried to bump it to the outside. I could be wrong though. Either way it was a horrible call to even go for it in the first place.

I'll say it again. The game was won by THREE points....

As far as trusting your kicker that is as BS argument.

I'm pretty sure he ran straight up, got the ball, the middle was shut down so he tried to bump it to the outside. I could be wrong though. Either way it was a horrible call to even go for it in the first place.

I'll say it again. The game was won by THREE points....

As far as trusting your kicker that is as BS argument.

the only reason why i dont buy that argument is because coughlin had no problem having feely kick into the wind from a longer distance int he bears game

I don't agree with the first part. Eli was showing fire and begging to go for it. Thats a good decision, let your struggling QB get inspired. The problem is the choice of plasy (who'd of thunk). Running the big man outside was idiocy. Pound with Jacobs or roll out and let Eli hit shock or Tiki.

Its like the old Navy game of you have a pack of 8-10 destroyers going against a battleship....the battleship always wins except when goes chasing off after them you sit still and one 16" shell sends you to the bottom. I move and you can take me out with torpedos. Even though Jacobs is big and fast....like you said pound him. He is a 16" shell; whereas ware is the little destroyer who gets in with quickness and hits the battleship with a spread of torpedos. Either you do a quarterback up the middle play or you pound Jacobs...end of story.

Its like the old Navy game of you have a pack of 8-10 destroyers going against a battleship....the battleship always wins except when goes chasing off after them you sit still and one 16" shell sends you to the bottom. I move and you can take me out with torpedos. Even though Jacobs is big and fast....like you said pound him. He is a 16" shell; whereas ware is the little destroyer who gets in with quickness and hits the battleship with a spread of torpedos. Either you do a quarterback up the middle play or you pound Jacobs...end of story.

a torpedo would have worked too.

Few misconceptions here, #1 the Dallas defense is not small, they are stop the run first defense and they employ a 250 pound SS. They incorporate the 3/4 in the true Parcells type defense form.

I alo agreed with many on the Jacobs play and was screaming as such, until in the parking lot listening to the post game I heard jacobs say that decison was his to breal outside as he saw the hole clog up. he admitted he was a tad slow, but in his mind he saw a split second of daylight and went for it.

I think a QB sneak up the middle was in order there, it was so close it would be impossible not to get it.

Few misconceptions here, #1 the Dallas defense is not small, they are stop the run first defense and they employ a 250 pound SS. They incorporate the 3/4 in the true Parcells type defense form.

I alo agreed with many on the Jacobs play and was screaming as such, until in the parking lot listening to the post game I heard jacobs say that decison was his to breal outside as he saw the hole clog up. he admitted he was a tad slow, but in his mind he saw a split second of daylight and went for it.

I think a QB sneak up the middle was in order there, it was so close it would be impossible not to get it.

Heard the same thing in the post game show on WFAN. But in that situation there should be no options...up the gut or quarterback sneak. Period.