SportsWrath

2 Problems With This Game

Lubeck

Few misconceptions here, #1 the Dallas defense is not small, they are stop the run first defense and they employ a 250 pound SS. They incorporate the 3/4 in the true Parcells type defense form.

I alo agreed with many on the Jacobs play and was screaming as such, until in the parking lot listening to the post game I heard jacobs say that decison was his to breal outside as he saw the hole clog up. he admitted he was a tad slow, but in his mind he saw a split second of daylight and went for it.

I think a QB sneak up the middle was in order there, it was so close it would be impossible not to get it.

Sorry X,

I'm going to have to dissagree with you on this. Play action pass to shank. Ball game over...

Sorry X,

I'm going to have to dissagree with you on this. Play action pass to shank. Ball game over...

no FG or run into the line. At that point in the game I still do not know where ELI's confidence level is based on the previous weeks and if something bad happens at his expense, who knows where the game goes?

Take the FG or dive into the line, it was so close.

the dallas front seven is small by NFL standards

Demarcus Ware OLB 6 4 257- hardly small for an OLB(LT and Banks were big and they were 235)

Marcus Spears DE 6 4 298

Json Ferguson Dt 6 4 310

Chris Canty DE 6 7 300

Al SingletonOLB 6 2 250

Bradie James MLN 6 2 250

Akin Ayodele MLB6 2 250

That is a BIG 3/4 defense and EXACTLY the type that Parcells wants.

Demarcus Ware OLB 6 4 257- hardly small for an OLB(LT and Banks were big and they were 235)

Marcus Spears DE 6 4 298

Json Ferguson Dt 6 4 310

Chris Canty DE 6 7 300

Al SingletonOLB 6 2 250

Bradie James MLN 6 2 250

Akin Ayodele MLB6 2 250

That is a BIG 3/4 defense and EXACTLY the type that Parcells wants.

I think he meant soft. Because for the 4 game in a row...we ran the ball down their throats.

I think he meant soft. Because for the 4 game in a row...we ran the ball down their throats.

They are the closest thing that Parcells has had to what he had here with the Giants in terms of personnel(AND THATS THE ONLY SIMILARITY) they have the oversized ends, the larger OLB and MLB that range from 245-255, in what can only be described as the classic way to design a 3/4, not like the trash he had when he first began coaching that team with neophyte LBers like Dat Nyguen and Dexter COakley, who weigh about as much as what Williams weighs now as a SS.

1. Coughlin. Go for it on 4th and 1? WHY?! Jacobs is awesome but he isn't a lock for a first. Get the three and take the lead dumbass. Not go for it, not get it, and give Dallas starting position and give them the 3 point lead. Oh by the way the game was won on 3 points.....

2. Time out with 1:45 left in the game. You had TONS of time to burn to plan a play. You had what 12 yards to go? Ok I understand you need a TD to tie....but Romo has been picking apart the secondary all day. Somehow our secondary leaves HUGE holes he was finding. We had the TOs to burn if we needed to stop the clock. Yet for some reason we took a timeout, and left Dallas with a minute to work with. Great clock management.

Long story short, Coughlin needs to go.

Not going to read this BS

Send Jacobss up the fucking middle 1st down

The Cowboys are nothing

Its like the old Navy game of you have a pack of 8-10 destroyers going against a battleship....the battleship always wins except when goes chasing off after them you sit still and one 16" shell sends you to the bottom. I move and you can take me out with torpedos. Even though Jacobs is big and fast....like you said pound him. He is a 16" shell; whereas ware is the little destroyer who gets in with quickness and hits the battleship with a spread of torpedos. Either you do a quarterback up the middle play or you pound Jacobs...end of story.

Were you drinking when you posted this? :P

I think we all were after that game.

This is a good thread. I'd like to add something that is obvious, and one play that kind of went unnoticed.

The obvious part is that the players on this team, for some reason, do not have their heads on straight. We know this, and that is Coughlin's fault. He must go.

The play I'm talking about is the play just before the 4th and 1 they didn't convert. It's 3rd and 20. Eli passes to Tyree for 19 yards. Tyree is on the ground, but UNTOUCHED, and instead of getting up, diving, rolling, crawling for that extra yard, he does nothing. It looked to me like he was still in bounds and could have gotten that extra yard with not much effort at all. Here's to Tyree's unawareness of where he was, and failure to get the first down. :TD:

94 yards taken away from the Giants because of penalties. That is unacceptable. Especially the personal fouls. Plax is a fucking moron, how many personal fouls does he have this season already?

At least Eli was finding some time to give his receivers a chance to get open. I must have seen 3 times he was sacked going down any other game but he rolled out of a grasp, sneaked through a crack in the pocket, or just got out of there before going down and made a great throw on the run.

I found this wonderful gem in the Post on that timeout made in the 2 minute drive:

As the Giants rushed to the line, receiver Plaxico Burress thought he spotted Coughlin on the sidelines signaling for a time out, so he called it with 1:42 left. As it turned out, that saved the Cowboys critical time for THEIR game-winning drive.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12042006/sport...artz.htm?page=2

Another bonehead move by Plax.

94 yards taken away from the Giants because of penalties. That is unacceptable. Especially the personal fouls. Plax is a fucking moron, how many personal fouls does he have this season already?

At least Eli was finding some time to give his receivers a chance to get open. I must have seen 3 times he was sacked going down any other game but he rolled out of a grasp, sneaked through a crack in the pocket, or just got out of there before going down and made a great throw on the run.

Eli did everything he could to keep his team in the game. It was an encouraging performance. I refuse to think we are done this season. Shockey was right. Only the Giants beat the Giants, at least for one week.

Given your little description there I assume you are familiar with the Battle of San Bernardino Straights?

Most Definitely my friend. Just a heads up to people who are interested in a forum site dedicated to military history, politics, wargaming (both computer and table top) just head over to www.Wargamer.com and sign in as a member or observe as guest. Their forum rules are a little tighter than this one (LOL!), but there are a lot of interesting topics and discussions....now back to football. On another thread I and another poster were being very Un-Christian in wanting the Prostitute (Parcells to the unenlightened) to drop dead right there on the sidelines celebrating with his Broke Backs...may God forgive me.

i had a slight problem with the score as well

yeah the 2 field goals we had to Settle for was bullshit. They need to pound that shit in the endzone. This Team has the talent to steamroll into the endzone when we get inside the 20 but it seldom happens .

1. Coughlin. Go for it on 4th and 1? WHY?! Jacobs is awesome but he isn't a lock for a first. Get the three and take the lead dumbass. Not go for it, not get it, and give Dallas starting position and give them the 3 point lead. Oh by the way the game was won on 3 points.....

2. Time out with 1:45 left in the game. You had TONS of time to burn to plan a play. You had what 12 yards to go? Ok I understand you need a TD to tie....but Romo has been picking apart the secondary all day. Somehow our secondary leaves HUGE holes he was finding. We had the TOs to burn if we needed to stop the clock. Yet for some reason we took a timeout, and left Dallas with a minute to work with. Great clock management.

Long story short, Coughlin needs to go.

Plax took the timeout, not Coughlin.