SportsWrath

Whitfield ???

Lughead

November 16, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. He is a 15-year veteran who will play in his 214th game and make his 170th career start, but Bob Whitfield said he'll still feel butterflies in his belly before the Giants tangle with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday night.

I get them every time I play, Whitfield said today. It's the matchup, the competition you just have nerves. It's like the first time playing every time. You just try to do a lot of things right. You get butterflies. But after you hit somebody, you settle in. The first hit knocks them out.

link

Like we didnt notice? :doh:

the first hit knocks them out???? more like the first hold he holds he rides the guy all the way to Eli and then shoves him into Eli . get rid of whitfield. put seubert over there or lets try Guy whimper

Guy Whimper is a raw project. No chance he goes in. Whitfield deserves one shot at being the clear starter before they start changing up the players on the Oline. These past two games he came in on were cold starts.

Oh and Seubert is NOT a tackle, he is a guard. Diehl is the one who would move over to LT and Seubert would take his spot if Whitfield can't handle it.

Other possible combinations:

McKenzie LT, Diehl RT, Seubert/Ruegamer guard;

McKenzie LT, Whitfield RT;

McKenzie LT, Whimper RT

I'm not saying these are preferable, just that these could be possibilities.

If it came down to these options, we're pretty much done. That being the case, we may as well see Whimper get some time. At least at RT, Eli can brace himself.

What happened to Snee?

Nothing, as far as I know.

Do you mean where I put Seubert/Ruegamer? I was just pointing out Ruegamer is still there, and we might not need to move Seubert from his TE play if we moved Diehl.

Don't mind me, I seem to be keeping half my thoughts out of my posts lately.

Nothing, as far as I know.

Do you mean where I put Seubert/Ruegamer? I was just pointing out Ruegamer is still there, and we might not need to move Seubert from his TE play if we moved Diehl.

Don't mind me, I seem to be keeping half my thoughts out of my posts lately.

Yeah that Ruegamer comment threw me off, I thought ANOTHER key Gman was down on IR for a moment.

The sad thing is the beginning of the season no problems, lots of other teams had injury issues and I was always greatful thinking "Wow glad that isn't us." Amazing what a couple weeks can do.

It's become dis-heartening. We go from SB consideration, to just barely being a contender in our own division. :furious:

I'd like to see Whitfield get a whole game in before we replace him... it wasn't too long ago that we signed him, and some wanted him to start over Luke.

On the other hand, we signed Lance Legree this week, and while he'll never make the Pro Bowl, I thought he was a solid contributor when he was with us... not a bad pickup.

I'd like to see Whitfield get a whole game in before we replace him... it wasn't too long ago that we signed him, and some wanted him to start over Luke.

On the other hand, we signed Lance Legree this week, and while he'll never make the Pro Bowl, I thought he was a solid contributor when he was with us... not a bad pickup.

I agree. Whitfield has covered LT in the past, there's no reason not to try him.

Eli will be having nightmares about Whitfield after watching the tape of the Chicago game ..... we need to run the ball lots on Monday night and throw a few quick short passes. Eli will not have the luxury of time that Luke was giving him !

The only hope is that Bob is full of 15 years experience and he can prepare to start rather than sub

Go Giants !

Other possible combinations:

McKenzie LT, Diehl RT, Seubert/Ruegamer guard;

McKenzie LT, Whitfield RT;

McKenzie LT, Whimper RT

I'm not saying these are preferable, just that these could be possibilities.

If it came down to these options, we're pretty much done. That being the case, we may as well see Whimper get some time. At least at RT, Eli can brace himself.

thats what we should be dioing (the one bolded). You need your best T at LT and McKinzie is it. Deihl has played RT before and is adequate enough to play there, Suebert is a natural fit at RG.