SportsWrath

Tuck out for season.

njsmalls

LBs and DLs on injured reserve... Eli playing like shit... Tiki leading the league in rushing...

...man, this is last year all over again (hey, we won the division and made the playoffs that year; at least it's not all bad :TU: )

Tiki leads the league in rushing and he gets 21.22 carries a game. Anyone else think there is something seriously wrong with that?

Jesus christ we have a great team at the beginning of the season and it is just falling apart.

I can't wait till Osi and Strahan get back. With Tuck gone, we really need them.

\

Don't hold your breath....The fuckin' LIAR Coughlin will come out in another 3-4 weeks and you'll see it on the Giants Home Page...."OSI Out for the remainder of the season. Degenerative Hip...Hip replacement surgery scheduled for later this week"

Then the following week or so you'll se the SAME FUCKIN Thing about Stra as we just got punched in the face with, with Tuck...."Out for the season Lis Franc...Surgery scheduled for this week" !!!

Jesus christ we have a great team at the beginning of the season and it is just falling apart.

I can't wait till Osi and Strahan get back. With Tuck gone, we really need them.

I just read a great article this morning in the daily news which sheds a light on the rash of injuries any sports team can have. These guys train hard in the offseason and all season long. Muscles get too big and are not as flexible as they should be. It's been suggested that these guys should incorporate Yoga and Pilates into their regular workout routines.

I can tell you from personal experience that as a young athlete I always thought Yoga was for old people (everytime they showed on TV all I saw was grandma trying to stand on one foot) and in the gym in Brooklyn hardly any men were there. That was a huge mistake on my part and it's one of my 2007 resolutions to fix it.

Some sports injuries are just freak accidents (Luke P) but some are completely preventable (Strahan & Madison). I'm not ready to throw in the towel on our season but it's going to be awfully hard to play without Lavar, Toomer, and now Tuck. Even if Luke P comes back, he will be rusty.

Tiki leads the league in rushing and he gets 21.22 carries a game. Anyone else think there is something seriously wrong with that?

Yes the play calling has been pass first and run second. We totally mauled the Colts with our running game and very few teams have been able to slow down our running game. Add to that the under-utilization of Shockey and you have an OC who needs to be shown the road. our DC has no guts and should hit the road. And coughlin needs to either learn that you can't treat your players who are mature adults like kids or he needs to be shown the road as well. This drill seargent mentality doesn't work on this generation.

Yes the play calling has been pass first and run second. We totally mauled the Colts with our running game and very few teams have been able to slow down our running game. Add to that the under-utilization of Shockey and you have an OC who needs to be shown the road. our DC has no guts and should hit the road. And coughlin needs to either learn that you can't treat your players who are mature adults like kids or he needs to be shown the road as well. This drill seargent mentality doesn't work on this generation.

Drill sergeant crap does not work on a lot of people across all of the generations. I was born in 64' and whenever I was in a situation where I had a choice between a drill sergeant mentality or one where people were treated as adults I always chose the latter. Some people respond to that drill sergeant shit ...others don't. A personal example was when I was learning how to ride a motorcycle in the mid-80's. I was 26 and I paid about 500 bucks to a well known motorcycle training program in Queens. This guy trains the NYPD and has also trained many of the motorcycle riding stars and celebrities. Let me tell you...he spoke to me like he was paying me to learn (all of his instructors were like that...including a couple of Amazons on the payroll :rolleyes: ) or I was some unwanted step-son or something. Barking orders like he was my father....I got tired of his shit real quick and told him to shove the fucking 5 bills up his ass. I then went to another trainer... a Chinese guy who preferred to be called Austin. It was like night and day...when you made a mistake he told you what you did wrong, how to avoid the mistake, and how to do it the right way. All of this without yelling/screaming that you are going to die if you do this or that...or that was terrible...so forth and so on. Austin had an English vocabulary of 200 words, max. But this guy was able to transfer his considerable riding experience without any of the immature, ineffective juvenile bullshit that Coach Cheerleader peddles out as discipline. Let me tell you I could never play for this a-hole where others could...no white socks. Come to me with that crap and I will tell you to your face to drop dead. I have lost and quit some very well paying jobs because of a supervisor or two who have overdosed over too many viewings of Full Metal Jacket. :rolleyes::P

even better news

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...8p-397055c.html

Outside doubts on Strahan

Giants trainer Ronnie Barnes initially said it would take 2-4 weeks for Michael Strahan to recover from the sprained Lisfranc joint in his right foot, and Strahan hopes his return will come on the shorter end of that spectrum.

However, both projections might be overly optimistic.

"I would be shocked if he's back this season," said Dr. Elton Strauss, the chief of orthopedic trauma and adult reconstruction at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan. "That Lisfranc injury is a bad injury. Phil Simms had the same injury in '90 (when he missed the final two regular-season games and the entire run to Super Bowl XXV).

"It's a bad sprain because you need the mid-part of your foot to really push off. And for a defensive lineman who's got to charge the ball every time, I would be shocked if he's back."

Dr. Strauss, who believes "Strahan's injury is totally field-related" (it happened on the FieldTurf at Giants Stadium), said while Strahan is likely already feeling better, the biggest issue will be his ability to put pressure on the foot."

Strahan admitted that was a concern. "You have to get in a stance and push off," the defensive end said. "You've got to be able to get on your toes. You've got to cut, you've got to be able to plant your foot and hold it. (With) bad knees, bad legs, (or) bad feet, there's really not much you can do when it comes to playing any football out there."