SportsWrath

Whatever happened to Class?

Nas

First, congrats to us Giants fans on a great win. I don't think I sat down the entire fourth quarter... it was that intense.

I just wanted to say that both teams played tough and the game could've gone either way.... I don't understand all the trash talking before the game... but what I found very disturbing is the trash talking coming from the Giants after the game..

I don't know about everyone here but I like to take the high road.. and I sure as hell would like for my team to do the same. Seeing Strahan rub it in the face of Crayton and TO after the game was very disturbing... on the other side Wade Phillips said "the best team lost"... wtf... grown ass men acting childish... eh let me not insult children...

I just wanted to get that off my chest...

Strahan had every right to rub in it Crayton's face after all the shit he talked before the game.

The point is.. we won.. take the high road and move on.

Same goes for Wade Phillips... take the loss in stride.

First, congrats to us Giants fans on a great win. I don't think I sat down the entire fourth quarter... it was that intense.

I just wanted to say that both teams played tough and the game could've gone either way.... I don't understand all the trash talking before the game... but what I found very disturbing is the trash talking coming from the Giants after the game..

I don't know about everyone here but I like to take the high road.. and I sure as hell would like for my team to do the same. Seeing Strahan rub it in the face of Crayton and TO after the game was very disturbing... on the other side Wade Phillips said "the best team lost"... wtf... grown ass men acting childish... eh let me not insult children...

Had they attacked anyone else (Even Romo) I'd feel the same way, but Crayton and TO deserved it. TO is an all around asshole and Crayton talked a big game and then failed to show up. Don't talk unless you back it up.

However, I don't want to hear anything else about this game. The Divisional Round is over and while it was a great win (Probably the biggest in the Coughlin era to date), the Packers are in Lambeau waiting to hand us our asses AGAIN. We have to focus on GB and let the Dallas game remain over.

Had they attacked anyone else (Even Romo) I'd feel the same way, but Crayton and TO deserved it. TO is an all around asshole and Crayton talked a big game and then failed to show up. Don't talk unless you back it up.

However, I don't want to hear anything else about this game. The Divisional Round is over and while it was a great win (Probably the biggest in the Coughlin era to date), the Packers are in Lambeau waiting to hand us our asses AGAIN. We have to focus on GB and let the Dallas game remain over.

Yep, which made the trash talking that much worse.. we still have a huge challenge ahead of us.. and Eli sucks when its cold.. watch!!!

Yep, which made the trash talking that much worse.. we still have a huge challenge ahead of us.. and Eli sucks when its cold.. watch!!!

:brooding: :furious::TD:

SHUT UP AND BELIEVE THAT HE'S GONNA TURN IT AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nas did you follow all of the BS that Crayton spewed all week? These are grown ass men playing a kids game. 90% of these guys despite comming from a poor backgrounds have been taken care of and sheltered since they entered college.

And I know what you are saying with take the high road. Consider all the BS that Dallas was dishing out, Crayton, T.O. the high profile trip by Romo, Jones with the NFCC tickets. Dallas IMO without a doubt mailed this game home, and the utter and total arrogance that seemed to have come from that org dictated the trash talk.

this win is without a doubt one of the top 10 in my 25+ years of following NY. nothing is gonna take away 1/1000 of the pleasure I'm getting from this, not the media not Dallas fans and not babyish behavior from some of our players.

Nas did you follow all of the BS that Crayton spewed all week? These are grown ass men playing a kids game. 90% of these guys despite comming from a poor backgrounds have been taken care of and sheltered since they entered college.

And I know what you are saying with take the high road. Consider all the BS that Dallas was dishing out, Crayton, T.O. the high profile trip by Romo, Jones with the NFCC tickets. Dallas IMO without a doubt mailed this game home, and the utter and total arrogance that seemed to have come from that org dictated the trash talk.

this win is without a doubt one of the top 10 in my 25+ years of following NY. nothing is gonna take away 1/1000 of the pleasure I'm getting from this, not the media not Dallas fans and not babyish behavior from some of our players.

This sums my feelings up 100% :TU:

It's true, the class move is always to walk away, but I can live with the response we gave. There's cause and effect in this world and Crayton was the cause.

I'm glad to see them lose and if Wade Phillips can't man up then how can we expect his players.

The Redskins are a class organization and generally decent people, the Eagles aren't people, but the Boys are the worst kind of people.

It's true, the class move is always to walk away, but I can live with the response we gave. There's cause and effect in this world and Crayton was the cause.

I'm glad to see them lose and if Wade Phillips can't man up then how can we expect his players.

The Redskins are a class organization and generally decent people, the Eagles aren't people, but the Boys are the worst kind of people.

I agree the Redskins are a class organization and the only real dick is their

owner Daniel Synder. I'm all for them signing all the good free agents and

only being mediocre.

If somene can open thier mouth, then another can respond. Its that simple. Ive never understood how its considered mature to just walk away from it. Some pussy made that up one day so he could run his mouth and not get put in his place. Its a free ticket for a punk to run his mouth, because if someone retaliates, then its considered being "wrong." BULLSHIT. Crayton opened his mouth, Strahan and the Giants shut it. PERIOD!

Great point.

Maybe Jerry Jones can show some class by giving those NFC Championship tickets to some Giants fans. Maybe that could "start the healing".

Great point.

Maybe Jerry Jones can show some class by giving those NFC Championship tickets to some Giants fans. Maybe that could "start the healing".

I'm not excusing the cowboys. Seeing Jerry Jones' face on the sidelines gave every NFL fan not just Giants fans pleasure. Wasn't it the late Mara who said "It's good to see arrogance humbled"

I couldn't care less about Crayton.. the way I see it, he dropped the boys' season... Wade Phillips sure can use a lesson about class and about taking defeat in grace also... fucker won with Parcells team anyway...

All I care about is us being the classy organization I've always known us to be...

P.S. I heard on ESPN that the cowboys have 14 Free Agents... watch them implode.

This is football, fuck the high road.

I don't like trash talk before games, and I don't like celebrations for relatively normal plays. But after a game, when a team has been talking shit? Oh yeah, let em have it.

A good example is the Tampa game. After the game, I wasn't in any special mood to crow about it, but it was great that Eli made Ronde look like a moron.

Win or lose against Green Bay, I'll still pull for whomever wins the game to beat whomever wins the AFC Championship, because I'm an NFC guy, and I know alot of Packer fans that are pretty cool.

I felt great after the Tampa game, thinking that if anything, getting a post-season win for Eli, Coughlin, and the rest of the team was a great shot in the arm. At that point, I felt the Giants had a huge monkey off their back, and were playing with house money.

But last week's game v Dallas was like taking the house money and hitting a 10-1 longshot. It dropped a huge Romo Roach Bomb on message boards around the country.

Whatever happens from here happens....but regardless, this has been a great season, and a huge step forward for the franchise and it's fans. There's just no denying it.