SportsWrath

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Week 3

Treehugger

Saw a stat yesterday.....Eagles are the only team in NFL history to go 3-0 while trailing by 10+ points in each game.

I think there's some bad and good to takeaway from that stat.

Oh yeah, my son heard that stat and called me to tell me "The Eagles just made history pops!" I told him to settle down and quit drinking the kool aide. :laugh:

My favorite this weekend was the graphic on how Russel Wilson had 'beaten' Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Forget that his personal stats were worse in almost every instance, or that the defense and running game won most of those match-ups. Start molding the bust now, Canton.

Well... at least it won't be The Giants.

duh, they weren't playing in week 1. I doubt the Eagles look that bad again all season.

I don't think you saw the same game as the rest of us.

I'm sure, you're a fan and I'm not. Personally, the quality of my football opinions end the moment the Giants come into it. I trust my eyes on everyone else.

Oh yeah, my son heard that stat and called me to tell me "The Eagles just made history pops!" I told him to settle down and quit drinking the kool aide. :laugh:

lol, but I thought you said it was their conditioning... drink up man, its delicious!

My pick for dark horse in the NFC is the Cardinals. Don't forget they handed Seattle's only home loss to them last year. They're playing very well with a back-up QB AND Arizona hosts the SB this year.

thats a good pick, they look solid. And deep. A lot like Seattle in some ways.

lol, but I thought you said it was their conditioning... drink up man, its delicious!

thats a good pick, they look solid. And deep. A lot like Seattle in some ways.

I really do believe their 4th quarter success is due to conditioning, but i'm not buying into ESPN "history stat" hype. And yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll drop the game against the Cards in October. Eagles generally don't travel well to the West coast for whatever reason. I'm very concerned about next weeks game as well considering Kelce is out for 2-3 weeks with a hernia and we're scraping the bottom of the linebacker barrel.

My pick for dark horse in the NFC is the Cardinals. Don't forget they handed Seattle's only home loss to them last year. They're playing very well with a back-up QB AND Arizona hosts the SB this year.

Yea we can use a rematch in the NFCCG to avenge our week 2 loss :flex:

The Eagles defense is not good right now.

They were missing Kendricks yesterday which didn't help them and Cary Williams was pretty much doing his Izel Jenkins impersonation.

Their offense can score on anyone in the league, we all know you can't keep letting teams in The NFL get these leads on you and then try to come back every game.

So you are right, there is good and bad in that stat.

I don't want to jump too far ahead here, but this is my take:

I don't think you can "know" the quality of a team until at least 4 games into the season. It was likely due to last year's mess, but I pretty much threw in the towel after this team dropped to 0-2. In reality, the Giants could easily be 2-1 except they basically gave away the Cardinals game last week. But, stupid mistakes matter, and they are 1-2. However, the NFC seems wide open at this point, and the Giants are getting better every week.

If the Giants continue to improve on offense (and really, that's still a big "if"), the upcoming Eagles game might come down to turnovers and special teams play. Unfortunately, the Giants usually suck at both, so I'm trying to stay grounded here.

The Washington game this Thursday should be very interesting.....and it will tell us if the Giants are a team that might be dangerous down the road.

I don't think you can "know" the quality of a team until at least 4 games into the season. It was likely due to last year's mess, but I pretty much threw in the towel after this team dropped to 0-2. In reality, the Giants could easily be 2-1 except they basically gave away the Cardinals game last week. But, stupid mistakes matter, and they are 1-2. However, the NFC seems wide open at this point, and the Giants are getting better every week.

If the Giants continue to improve on offense (and really, that's still a big "if"), the upcoming Eagles game might come down to turnovers and special teams play. Unfortunately, the Giants usually suck at both, so I'm trying to stay grounded here.

The Washington game this Thursday should be very interesting.....and it will tell us if the Giants are a team that might be dangerous down the road.

Well, your sqad won't have to deal with DeAngelo Hall like we did, but I can't credit my boys for taking him out. He took himself out.

But...you gave up after Week 2. :cwy: (no, I'm not gonna let you off easy)

The Cardinals are the Cardinals and should eternally be considered bottom feeders until they do something crazy like win a Super Bowl or have back to back winning seasons.

It was a really good game by the offensive line. They played up to their potential and I wouldn't take away from their performance by pointing at their opponent. Houston has a solid defensive front and our guys stepped it up. Now they need to do it again on thursday against Washington.