SportsWrath

Good bye playoffs

gmenroc

Not yet, but soon if we continue to play this way.

Just a few 'highlights'

-- We turn the ball over. This is both a reflection of discipline, which we're supposed to have given our coaches, and a reflection of protection. We haven't protected Eli very well this season, with the exception of the first game against the Colts. Pressure usually leads to mistakes. Plaxico has fumbled more than once, although because he got really lucky against the Eagles, that one gets overlooked.

-- Our pass defense consistency leaves the middle of the field wide open. Our pass defense is worse than last year's. Enough said. This can be directly attributable to the lack of a pass rush. We have arguably the best two DEs in football and can't manage to get pressure on the QB. Can't say for sure that it's all on the playcalling, but somebody on the defensive line is going to have to step up and step up soon.

-- Our offense sucks in the first 3 quarters. After the game against the Eagles, we should have been in the no-huddle from the beginning. Maybe we'll realize this in the next two weeks. Our running game is decent, but not relied upon like it should be. I think we might have too many weapons, if that makes any sense. Shockey needs the ball early to get going. Tiki needs the ball just because he's too good not to give it to him. Plaxico is a huge target and creates mismatches. Toomer is just reliable, very similar to Ike Hilliard. Jacobs is a bruiser. And there's more.

-- Bottom line is that if shit doesn't improve drastically in the next two weeks, we're in serious trouble of not making the playoffs and if through some miracle we do, it's a first round exit....again.

For some weird reason I don't think our team is nearly as bad as it has shown so far. Yesterday's performance was an all-time low.. which leads me to believe we will bounce from this. This can be a turning point. Remember when Jim Fassel gave that speech after a loss... placing all his chips on the table..

Well, the Giants have 2 weeks to ponder and fix the tiny little mistakes that plagued them yesterday... the pass rush needs to exist and the secondary needs to be near the receiver at least.

I'm not giving up on this team.. not now.. not this early. Not with a kid named Eli.

For some weird reason I don't think our team is nearly as bad as it has shown so far. Yesterday's performance was an all-time low.. which leads me to believe we will bounce from this. This can be a turning point. Remember when Jim Fassel gave that speech after a loss... placing all his chips on the table..

Well, the Giants have 2 weeks to ponder and fix the tiny little mistakes that plagued them yesterday... the pass rush needs to exist and the secondary needs to be near the receiver at least.

I'm not giving up on this team.. not now.. not this early. Not with a kid named Eli.

Hence the 'not yet' in my post. In other words, this team better get its shit together quickly, or it will be too late.

Hence the 'not yet' in my post. In other words, this team better get its shit together quickly, or it will be too late.

We have to weeks to fix this team. I am not sure if it is enough time. We do get the skins at home. We do not come out of a bye week looking like a great team but we are not playing the Seahawks here. I don't know if I feel like I should give up now on a playoff spot. We have to get this defense together. Where is the blitz in the first half? We did a decent job of getting to the QB in the fourth but why not the other quarters? ahhhhhhhhhh