SportsWrath

Will the Mets win 100 Games?

Blue Jeans

100 Games for Mets?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Mets win 100 games?

• Yes, they will go 20-13 or better in their last 33 games and win more than 100 games.
    • No they won't go 20-13 or better in their last 33 games and win less than 100 games.

I had them winning 93 originally but unless we start benching our main guys temporarily to give them rest I don't see why not.

I thought about that, and figuring we will see some prospects we could fall out of some games... but Willie is not one to lose and neither is this team. 20-13 wouldn't be acceptable with some teams in Colorado, Washington, Atlanta, and Florida that aren't really in our league anymore.

Yeah, September is going to be interesting to see us get to October with some new fresh faces from the minors.

Hopefully I see more of the same at the Dodgers game. I don't want to be fielding the same lineup we did against the Pads a couple of weeks ago.

That's .606 ball the rest of the way. With the up coming schedule, I don't see why we can't play .606 ball. We have all year. Pedro and Glavine will be coming back also.

With little to play for and a lot more to lose I don't think it'll happen.

Since they don't have to play the Al anymore, why not?

You mean the Red Sox, the only team that looked better than the Mets at the time. Oh, they just happened to be in the middle of a double digit winning streak when we faced them.

3-3 against the Yankees. (Somehow Yankee fans forgot about the series at Shea, and pretend they only played that game that ended 16-7.)

2-1 against the Blue Jays.

1-2 against the Orioles, but even Yankee fans aren't dirty enough to say the O's are better than the Mets.

Bring on the AL. The Mets have a lineup as deep as any AL team when Floyd comes back, and I'd love nothing more than to see them celebrating in The Dump That Ruth Took.

With little to play for and a lot more to lose I don't think it'll happen.

Which, playing .606 ball or Pedro and Glavine coming back?

Pedro and Glavine have to come back to get their stuff back to playoff form. They both need at least 3 or 4 starts in September.

You mean the Red Sox, the only team that looked better than the Mets at the time. Oh, they just happened to be in the middle of a double digit winning streak when we faced them.

3-3 against the Yankees. (Somehow Yankee fans forgot about the series at Shea, and pretend they only played that game that ended 16-7.)

2-1 against the Blue Jays.

1-2 against the Orioles, but even Yankee fans aren't dirty enough to say the O's are better than the Mets.

Bring on the AL. The Mets have a lineup as deep as any AL team when Floyd comes back, and I'd love nothing more than to see them celebrating in The Dump That Ruth Took.

3-3 against the Yankees gets you to .500 which isn't good enough for 100 wins. We gave you those games at Shea anyway. We don't play that badly anymore.

I admit, the Mets are very deep. But stats are stats. You're still a .500 team in the AL. And that's when you're healthy.

3-3 against the Yankees gets you to .500 which isn't good enough for 100 wins. We gave you those games at Shea anyway. We don't play that badly anymore.

I admit, the Mets are very deep. But stats are stats. You're still a .500 team in the AL. And that's when you're healthy.

You gave those games away?? :LMAO: . How about you just stick to the GD part of the board because you've proved over the last few months that you don't know jack about baseball.

Gave us the games away :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Whatever happened on that one Saturday at Shea stadium? That is the definition of giving games away. If you can't concede defeat for one serious your a moron.

And last I checked 3-3 puts us in position for a game 7 and that's where we have no idea what happens.

Gave us the games away :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Whatever happened on that one Saturday at Shea stadium? That is the definition of giving games away. If you can't concede defeat for one serious your a moron.

And last I checked 3-3 puts us in position for a game 7 and that's where we have no idea what happens.

And with a more AL-like Lineup (which is bullshit that we had to have it this way) and more consistant pitching there is no doubt that we are much better than we were in June.

This statement is rediculous. Any team can point to one thing in every single loss that they did wrong and "gave" the game to the other team. Seems to me that we "gave" you the 3 games you won too. That's a point no one can argue. Good teams take advantage of mistakes, that is why the Mets and Yankees are at the top of their divisions.

15 Interleague games spread out over 2 series doesn't really give a clear picture in how good a team is anyway. It's all gonna come down to whatever team is on a hot streak come October, just like it always does. Last 5 World Series record is AL-3 NL-2. More even than people would have you think.

If the pitchers hit their stride and your big hitters get hot in October, you become a champion.

And what is the point? The Rockies were 11-4 against the AL. Does that mean they'd be a lock to win the World Series if they had a chance to get there?

Thanks for "giving" those away. :LMAO: As if David Wright didn't smoke Rivera and we didn't own Randy Johnson twice. The Yankees beat Alay Soler and couldn't beat the Mets when we had Jeremi Gonzalez on the mound.

The Yankees were playing BETTER back then. Take away the series in Boston, and what is the Yankees record the last few weeks?

And what is the point? The Rockies were 11-4 against the AL. Does that mean they'd be a lock to win the World Series if they had a chance to get there?

Thanks for "giving" those away. :LMAO: As if David Wright didn't smoke Rivera and we didn't own Randy Johnson twice. The Yankees beat Alay Soler and couldn't beat the Mets when we had Jeremi Gonzalez on the mound.

The Yankees were playing BETTER back then. Take away the series in Boston, and what is the Yankees record the last few weeks?

You guys can really talk it up when things are going well. Then, as soon as you lose a couple, you want to trade away your future. I have more faith in the Mets than all y'all. :LMAO:

I have had a few months away from reading the dribble of this obviously inbred moron and not to my surprise upon my return I see nothing has changed.

Gave the 2 games away at Shea? Is this why your #1 and #2 starters each pitched games 1 and 2 of the series? (Remember this was before Chien Ming Wang was HOF bound).

I know your small mind better than you know so do not give me the Aaron Small game on Sunday, 11 months ago you Yankee fans were sucking his dick for 10-0. Remember how many men AROD left on that night?

So lets get this straight, the Mets beat Johnson(after the big unitless was staked to a 5-0 lead)behind the immortal Jeremy Gonzalez. The Mets led Mussina 4-0 before Wagner imploded like a 2004 Yankee, yet you gave those games away?

I suppose the three game series at the STadium where the Mets threw El Duque, Trachsel and the immortal Olay Soler at Mussina, Johnson and Wright was one we should use as a measuring stick? I mean Soler is only now in AA and that night was left on the mound to be a sacrficial lamb as the pen needed rest with a 7 games in 6 days stretch coming up.

The Mets have a losing record against 2 teams in baseball, the Red Sox(whom they caught at a bad time for them and great time for the SOx) and the O's, who much like the Nats did to the Yanks were a shitty team that happened to win 2 of 3.

Any fan with half a brain would realize judging 3-6 games that teams played 3 months ago as a measuring stick is as moronic as it gets. Ditto on the other hand ............ :TU:

I have had a few months away from reading the dribble of this obviously inbred moron and not to my surprise upon my return I see nothing has changed.

Gave the 2 games away at Shea? Is this why your #1 and #2 starters each pitched games 1 and 2 of the series? (Remember this was before Chien Ming Wang was HOF bound).

I know your small mind better than you know so do not give me the Aaron Small game on Sunday, 11 months ago you Yankee fans were sucking his dick for 10-0. Remember how many men AROD left on that night?

So lets get this straight, the Mets beat Johnson(after the big unitless was staked to a 5-0 lead)behind the immortal Jeremy Gonzalez. The Mets led Mussina 4-0 before Wagner imploded like a 2004 Yankee, yet you gave those games away?

I suppose the three game series at the STadium where the Mets threw El Duque, Trachsel and the immortal Olay Soler at Mussina, Johnson and Wright was one we should use as a measuring stick? I mean Soler is only now in AA and that night was left on the mound to be a sacrficial lamb as the pen needed rest with a 7 games in 6 days stretch coming up.

The Mets have a losing record against 2 teams in baseball, the Red Sox(whom they caught at a bad time for them and great time for the SOx) and the O's, who much like the Nats did to the Yanks were a shitty team that happened to win 2 of 3.

Any fan with half a brain would realize judging 3-6 games that teams played 3 months ago as a measuring stick is as moronic as it gets. Ditto on the other hand ............ :TU:

Welcome back... How's the Wife and kid? :)

woah, where have ya been?