SportsWrath

This time of year always gets me thinking about that 2005 offseason.  I was working nights and was constantly refreshing espn and GMB for updates.  Plax, McKenzie, AP.  Just a dream FA period that year.  

That was the most exciting offseason I can remember.  Top it off with the draft that year that produced 3 All-Time Giants out of four picks.  

Man that was a great off-season. 

I’ll never forget refreshing the fuck out of kffl in 2003 praying we signed Hugh douglas.  I think that ended up being the Brian Mitchell offseason class though 😂

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

This time of year always gets me thinking about that 2005 offseason.  I was working nights and was constantly refreshing espn and GMB for updates.  Plax, McKenzie, AP.  Just a dream FA period that year.  

That was the most exciting offseason I can remember.  Top it off with the draft that year that produced 3 All-Time Giants out of four picks.  

Man that was a great off-season. 

It really was.  We didn't realize how great it was until a few seasons later. 

22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

It really was.  We didn't realize how great it was until a few seasons later. 

Yep, for the draft.  The Plax saga built up so much, will he sign, won't he, multiple visits.  Would love to recapture that excitement for a FA period.  Between FA and draft, literally 6 "Ring of Honor" type guys came on board that year. 

31 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Yep, for the draft.  The Plax saga built up so much, will he sign, won't he, multiple visits.  Would love to recapture that excitement for a FA period.  Between FA and draft, literally 6 "Ring of Honor" type guys came on board that year. 

I also seem to remember a photoshopped pic of a private jet that supposedly flew Plax in. Honestly, I had no idea what Photoshop was back then and thought it was real. 

Good times, good times.