SportsWrath

Are the Giants really starting 2 rookies at corner?

NeMesiS

On 9/15/2023 at 6:58 AM, gmenroc said:

I think that's generally true...not as bad as it seemed for is and not as good as it seemed for Dallas.

That said, I am not gonna sugar coat the line play on both sides of the ball as being anything more than absolutely pathetic.  And now, the pathetic players that started are injured in some cases, prompting a new, presumably more pathetic group to start.

I am not saying all hope is lost, but we have all taken a big step away from the sunshine and rainbows end of the optimism scale...and for good reason

That's not my issues... My problem is that after being down 16 points. This team had no fight in them. None! 

Remember that tackle we drafted who was a bust for us but played better for the commanders when they played him at guard?  If our current RT shits the bed again, move him to guard and if it works out.

sorry I don’t remember their names because I’m too deflated to give a fck at this point.

6 hours ago, Nas said:

Remember that tackle we drafted who was a bust for us but played better for the commanders when they played him at guard?  If our current RT shits the bed again, move him to guard and if it works out.

sorry I don’t remember their names because I’m too deflated to give a fck at this point.

Ereck Flowers?

Yeah...he wasn't useless at G for the Skins...not top notch by any means but certainly beyond serviceable.

Tough to say if it was coaching or position change..likely a combination of both.

And yeah, if Neal doesn't take massive steps forward at OT this season, a similar approach will be needed.

Guys play better when covered on either side by a center or tackle... playing OT you are on an island and other than occasional TE or RB chip help... you have to pass protect and run block.  Our OT's cannot do this consistently it seems.  The coaching/drafting needs to be looked at.  The Giants have to stop seeing OT candidates as total busts when they most likely need to transition to guard.  That way they stop this offensive line merry go round they seem to have.  All of these projects they have on the offensive line is a bad thing too.  The Giants have had projects on the offensive line since the 1990s.  It is a bad part of Giants culture that transcends coaches, GMs, and scouting departments.