SportsWrath

NY athletes making bank.

BlueInCanada

First Judge declines a deal to get an extra two years and 150 million in the bank and have one of the greatest hitting seasons in baseball (even if the MLB cooked the balls) 

Then NY declines Jones 5th year and he may very well be walking into a 40+ million dollar pay day, I fear not with the Giants. 

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

First Judge declines a deal to get an extra two years and 150 million in the bank and have one of the greatest hitting seasons in baseball (even if the MLB cooked the balls) 

Then NY declines Jones 5th year and he may very well be walking into a 40+ million dollar pay day, I fear not with the Giants. 

Pay Barkley and tag jones? 

13 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

A few months ago, in the midst of the Giants midseason slide, Spotrac had DJ's expected contract value at 3 years $~76M. Oh boy how that's changed since then.

Dude's going to get 5 years $180M at this point, possibly even more.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

A few months ago, in the midst of the Giants midseason slide, Spotrac had DJ's expected contract value at 3 years $~76M. Oh boy how that's changed since then.

Dude's going to get 5 years $180M at this point, possibly even more.

Yeah Giants are going to have to be smart about it.

They can't really piss off Jones by waving the tag in his face for a year because he'll just tell this team to fuck off when time comes to resign.

They also have to work around contracts like Thomas and Dexy coming up.

I hope Schoen can pull off some magic and keep these core guys together. 

I'd die if I see Dexy as a 49er or Cowboy next year. 

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah Giants are going to have to be smart about it.

They can't really piss off Jones by waving the tag in his face for a year because he'll just tell this team to fuck off when time comes to resign.

They also have to work around contracts like Thomas and Dexy coming up.

I hope Schoen can pull off some magic and keep these core guys together. 

I'd die if I see Dexy as a 49er or Cowboy next year. 

I would cut Golladay obviously, but we also need to restructure/extend Leonard Williams and Adoree Jackson who have a combined $32M cap hit (or just let their contracts expire after 2023). I would do:

Current contracts restructured:

- Leonard Williams 3 years $56M, 2023 cap hit of $18M, 2023 cap savings of $14M

- Adoree Jackson 3 years $45M, 2023 cap hit of $14M, cap savings of $5M

That should take cap space from the current $54M to $73M

2023 re-signings

- Daniel Jones 5 years $180M ($25M 2023 cap hit)

- Barkley 4 years $54M ($10M cap hit)

- Julian Love 4 years $40M ($8M cap hit)

- Jihan Ward, Richie James, Jaylon Smith, Fabian Moreau, and Landon Collins bring back on 1 year, vet minimum contracts (~$6M cap hit). Keep these guys around for depth.

Still have money left over for a FA WR, OG/C, LB, and/or CB.

Eventual extensions or new contracts

- Andrew Thomas 5 years $110M

- Dexter Lawrence, 4 years $80M

- McKinney, 4 years $50M

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I know it’s very unlikely but part of me hopes players can accept less to keep the talent… The Tom Brady approach.

Top tier QBs are getting +$40M per year on avg, and top RBs $14-16M, so I feel my proposed contracts, which are just below those levels for DJ and Barkley, are fair.

Then $22M for Andrew Thomas would put him among the top paid LTs, ad $20M per year for Lawrence would put him among the top paid DTs.