SportsWrath

Pepperidge farm remebers.

BlueInCanada

I was there for that game and it was fucking awesome. This was before 9/11, so they didn't warn the crowd ahead of time that jets would fly overhead during the (Kate Mara) national anthem.

They strafed the stadium and scared the shit out of everyone... and we pretty much rode that adrenaline wave for the next three hours and never sat back down.

Two defensive plays that didn't show up in the highlights... on Minnesota's second drive, on third down Culpeper tried scrambling and had nothing but open field in front of him... Jessie Armstead came flying from center field and stopped him for a four yard gain.

Next series on third down, Culpepper heaved a pass for Moss in the end zone who somehow ended up being covered by our 3rd string/ slot guy (I think his name was McKinnon). The pass was incomplete, Moss hurt himself falling on the ball and basically stopped trying for the rest of the game.

It was pretty obvious that the special plays that had been Minnesota's bread and butter all season wasn't gonna work on these guys. 

I got to see this with my old man and I'll never fucking forget it. It was a really special day.

Senior year of high school.  I was working in the kitchen of a pizza place with a tiny TV set up.     

I then worked the first half of the super bowl and then got shitty drunk on Milwaukee’s best and Hennessy. 

we also stupidly put the henny in a bong as the bong water that night.  

i think I fell asleep in the snow for a while lol.  

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I was there for that game and it was fucking awesome. This was before 9/11, so they didn't warn the crowd ahead of time that jets would fly overhead during the (Kate Mara) national anthem.

They strafed the stadium and scared the shit out of everyone... and we pretty much rode that adrenaline wave for the next three hours and never sat back down.

Two defensive plays that didn't show up in the highlights... on Minnesota's second drive, on third down Culpeper tried scrambling and had nothing but open field in front of him... Jessie Armstead came flying from center field and stopped him for a four yard gain.

Next series on third down, Culpepper heaved a pass for Moss in the end zone who somehow ended up being covered by our 3rd string/ slot guy (I think his name was McKinnon). The pass was incomplete, Moss hurt himself falling on the ball and basically stopped trying for the rest of the game.

It was pretty obvious that the special plays that had been Minnesota's bread and butter all season wasn't gonna work on these guys. 

I got to see this with my old man and I'll never fucking forget it. It was a really special day.

Good for you man

This was one of my top ten games ever

I enjoyed watching this

It was painful to see Kerry Collins run scared from the Ravens defense all Super Bowl

Trent Dilfer was awful for the Ravens and the phantom hold on the Giants tackle still has never been seen again by Referee Ed Hochuli AKA Hock A Fuck

38 minutes ago, The P said:

Senior year of high school.  I was working in the kitchen of a pizza place with a tiny TV set up.     

I then worked the first half of the super bowl and then got shitty drunk on Milwaukee’s best and Hennessy. 

we also stupidly put the henny in a bong as the bong water that night.  

i think I fell asleep in the snow for a while lol.  

Damn talk about fucked up :laugh:

Someone in the You Tube comments remarked about this:

This marked

—The last New York Giants playoff win at Giants Stadium
—The last NY Giants home playoff win until 2011
—The only conference championship game the NY Giants hosted since 1986
—The last playoff win for Jim Fassel (R.I.P.) as a head coach
—The first and only conference title game Daunte Culpepper played in
—The final playoff game for Dennis Green as a head coach
—The last playoff win for Kerry Collins as a starting QB

20 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Someone in the You Tube comments remarked about this:

This marked

—The last New York Giants playoff win at Giants Stadium
—The last NY Giants home playoff win until 2011
—The only conference championship game the NY Giants hosted since 1986
—The last playoff win for Jim Fassel (R.I.P.) as a head coach
—The first and only conference title game Daunte Culpepper played in
—The final playoff game for Dennis Green as a head coach
—The last playoff win for Kerry Collins as a starting QB

funny.   What we all saw as finally getting good, was actually the beginning of the end of an era.  

I feel like super bowl losses really hurt a franchise.  Worse than just losing in the conference championship. 

1 minute ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Good for you man

This was one of my top ten games ever

I enjoyed watching this

It was painful to see Kerry Collins run scared from the Ravens defense all Super Bowl

Trent Dilfer was awful for the Ravens and the phantom hold on the Giants tackle still has never been seen again by Referee Ed Hochuli AKA Hock A Fuck

HAMILTON was being fucking held on the play, and he got called for the hold. NFL officiating sucks.

1 hour ago, The P said:

funny.   What we all saw as finally getting good, was actually the beginning of the end of an era.  

I feel like super bowl losses really hurt a franchise.  Worse than just losing in the conference championship. 

Players leave because they cash in on the SB hype, so do coaches.

It's why I doubt we ever see anything like what the Pats did ever again.

2 hours ago, The P said:

Yes, Fassel caught Lightning in the bottle and then Collins gets the worst case of Happy Feet in creation at the wrong time.

I get that the Ravens defense was big time but no better than any killer NFC defense Collins played against

That pick six against Dilfer would have changed the whole game.

Hock A Fuck called it back though.

Funny how no one outside of a studio has ever seen that play again.

Holding on a Defensive Lineman in Hamilton against an RB that he was chucking.

A real bad call that gifted the Ravens the game

7 hours ago, The P said:

I've always said that's because the loser of the Superbowl isn't the 2nd best team in the NFL, they're the loser of the NFL.