SportsWrath

So the Colts

BlueInCanada

Also what's up with Nelson?

I know he had that injury in pre-season but the dude went from looking like a HoF guard to someone who would of been starting on the Giants the last few years.

Maybe just a down year but odd to see at a position that is normally very consistent. 

I got into several discussions on Reddit in the offseason with people who were angry that we didn't hire Ed Dodds to be our GM.  "The Colts are the model of NFL success!"  "Look at their rebuild, it's exactly what you want!"

I had no idea what those fucking people were talking about.  They had a surefire HOF quarterback retire early because the team around him was so poor, they blew money/picks on the Jacoby Brisettes and Carson Wentzes of the league, and since 2010 their record falls into the "statistically average" category in the past twelve years.  And oh yeah... zero Super Bowls since Manning left as well. 

How is this the "model of the NFL franchise?" 

People sure are dumb. 

21 minutes ago, The P said:

So weird. 

if they wanted to go the “celebrated former player as coach” route, they could have went with Reggie Wayne, who is already actually on their coaching staff. 

Pretty much what a way to piss of the coaches on the staff basically saying "y'all fucking suck" and going with sure a guy who is loved by the fanbase but shit zero coaching experience? 

Like you said Wayne would of made so much more sense.

21 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Carr doing his best T.O. impression.

The guy has been shell shocked in his career.

Some pundit was talking about it yesterday, Carr's had 5 different HCs, 7 different OCs, and the defense has never been higher than the 20s in terms of rankings.

Deapite all of that he's still one of the better QBs in the NFL and arguably the best QB the Raiders have had in their franchise.

Dude needs to get traded ASAP.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Pretty much what a way to piss of the coaches on the staff basically saying "y'all fucking suck" and going with sure a guy who is loved by the fanbase but shit zero coaching experience? 

Like you said Wayne would of made so much more sense.

I do think it was a clear message...  this coaching staff is ass and all should be looking for job elsewhere next season.   Brings in a coach who is a proven leader, a fan favorite who comes in with zero expectations.   

What will be really interesting... if he can sneak out another win or maybe even 2...     Does he get a full season with a staff he is part of selecting?

1 hour ago, The P said:

I’d bet money no matter how good he finishes he doesn’t get that job. 

Would be interesting though if he does or any team follows suit. 

I mean you see it all the time in the NBA or MLB where players get made coaches (HC or whatever) and GMs fairly quickly after they retire.

It seems the NFL where the old boys coaching club wants any rookie coach to "earn their stripes" before they are even considered for the job. 

54 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Would be interesting though if he does or any team follows suit. 

I mean you see it all the time in the NBA or MLB where players get made coaches (HC or whatever) and GMs fairly quickly after they retire.

It seems the NFL where the old boys coaching club wants any rookie coach to "earn their stripes" before they are even considered for the job. 

I have seen that as a complaint from a lot of NFL players who want to get into coaching.    When they were 26 they were not spending nights sleeping in the coaches office, because they were spending Sunday on the field