SportsWrath

Jackson restructures.

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also pretty bad that before this move the Giants didn't even have a million in cap space.

Getty really fucking this team over for years yo.

One year not multiple years.

32 minutes ago, Tempest said:

One year not multiple years.

This year is a wash.

Next year is a wash because 90% of the roster will be turned over, and Schoen/Daboll bring in the peices they want to start building the team.

2024 is when I expect the Giants to finally have an above .500 season.

Also you got to wonder if this means Bradberry stays for the year.

We can sign our draft picks, plus cut guys like Gates to save in year money.

Or atleast it means we can run with him for a few weeks then trade him to a CB needy team as the injuries pile up for other teams.

I think the hope is to still trade Bradberry during or post draft if a team doesn't get the guy they want.  Guessing he'd be a June 1st cut to spread out dead money into 2023.

Estimates show need for 16M for draft picks assuming we don't trade back.  Still have work to do.

And that sucks because again, teams know this and we may not get favorable trade value as a result.  I mean, a team might look at us and say take it or leave it knowing full we have to take a deal because we can't afford the selections we have in front of us.

17 hours ago, gmenroc said:

And that sucks because again, teams know this and we may not get favorable trade value as a result.  I mean, a team might look at us and say take it or leave it knowing full we have to take a deal because we can't afford the selections we have in front of us.

This is why I think 5 and 7 should just be traded away for more picks next year when we're loaded with money. Get some team that needs a QB and trade 5 for next year's first and a 2nd this year. Maybe a player as well. Trade 7 for next year's 1st and a 3rd this year. Something like that? If we're gonna get raped, just don't bother this year and sit tight. 

That gives us 3 firsts next year and enough 2nds and 3rds this year to field a team. I don't know about the value system and all that, but something along those lines where we don't have to pay first round salaries this year. 

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

This is why I think 5 and 7 should just be traded away for more picks next year when we're loaded with money. Get some team that needs a QB and trade 5 for next year's first and a 2nd this year. Maybe a player as well. Trade 7 for next year's 1st and a 3rd this year. Something like that? If we're gonna get raped, just don't bother this year and sit tight. 

That gives us 3 firsts next year and enough 2nds and 3rds this year to field a team. I don't know about the value system and all that, but something along those lines where we don't have to pay first round salaries this year. 

I think thats what the Giants are going to try and so.

Trade 5 away to get some picks next year.

Use #7 on BPA either a OT or CB. 

They Giants know this year is a wash and next year probably features a new QB and overturned roster so get.the picks for then.

6 hours ago, BronxRik said:

My same assessment and I agree with you totally.  Just sit tight and take the medicine.