SportsWrath

Daboll and Giants working on deal to make him new HC.

BlueInCanada

59 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Yeah, and they should...but it cold be a distraction to both coach and player.  Even i I am Wink or Kafka...I am telling these teams to fuck off as I have a current job to do.

I think it should be a rule that no team in the playoffs can be contacted for this purpose.

14 minutes ago, Nas said:

I think it should be a rule that no team in the playoffs can be contacted for this purpose.

The problem is then you punish potential candidates on teams in the playoffs.

They can't start searching for a job until after their team gets booted, if they win the SB then it's a whole two months teams are looking for a HC/Coordinator while they are unable to be contacted.

Goes for guys going back to coach in college as well.

3 hours ago, Nas said:

They’d have to not allow any team to make coaching hires until after the super bowl which is hard to enforce

Brian Daboll was interviewed by the Giants before their playoff game against the Chiefs last year. So was Leslie Frazier. Granted Schoen interviewed them in Buffalo but it still happened. So I don't think we are in a position to deny anyone.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

Brian Daboll was interviewed by the Giants before their playoff game against the Chiefs last year. So was Leslie Frazier. Granted Schoen interviewed them in Buffalo but it still happened. So I don't think we are in a position to deny anyone.

Makes sense.