Jump to content
SportsWrath

PSU Pro Day


gmenroc
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We'll be playing five wide every snap no need for an OL.

Which means we need defense the first two picks due to Jones being dead by week three lol 

What successful team has done this???/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Playoffs.

And I mean what team does it with a bad OL?

There were a few teams with turrrible Olines this year, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs.

All better than the Giants though lol

But back to my point, how do you measure success man? Like in your life how do the Giants make you feel dude?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

There were a few teams with turrrible Olines this year, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs.

All better than the Giants though lol

But back to my point, how do you measure success man? Like in your life how do the Giants make you feel dude?

Not as bad as the giants. This team is going nowhere without an OL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

LOL 😅🤣🤣😅

Lol, maybe I should qualify that a bit.

The present group from games nine through fourteen was about on that level.

But don't forget just how bad that group was in 2011. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Lol, maybe I should qualify that a bit.

The present group from games nine through fourteen was about on that level.

But don't forget just how bad that group was in 2011. 

First half of the season they were flat-out awful. Remember we couldn't even run the ball at all until the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

The 2011 Giants won it all. 

That OL was about on the present group's level. 

Yeah that 2011 Oline was bottom of the NFL in rushing metrics.

Bass was the center if I recall lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mastershake said:

No they're not.

LOL, I think after years of terrible OL play you've become jaded.

I'm not fitting this group for gold jackets either, but they were a middle of the pack OL for the latter half of last season. How many times did we say after about week nine, man, I can't wait to see Saquon run through some of these holes? - because I said it a lot. Wayne Gallman, 4.6 yards per carry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think our line is on the upswing, but still needs another piece.  Also of the opinion that a draft without an offensive linemen in the top 4 picks should be a fairly rare exception.

Leaning towards Parsons at 11 to pair with Martinez and best offensive lineman available in the 2nd.  DE/WR in 3rd and 4th depending upon who is available.

And then in 6th and beyond, I'm looking for character and athleticism regardless of position.  Glance at RBs and DTs, but don't get tied down to a position at that point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

You are all delusional about the OL. 

Well let's come at this from a different direction.... you think Gallman is better than a 4.6 ypc runningback? That Alfred Morris is better than a 4.2 ypc back?

I don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well let's come at this from a different direction.... you think Gallman is better than a 4.6 ypc runningback? That Alfred Morris is better than a 4.2 ypc back?

I don't.

Opposing teams were giving us the run towards the end of last year, and daring us to pass. Plus, we frequently used 2 TE plus 6 OL sets to help generate this.

We also had several games down the stretch where the running game was trash (Browns, Ravens, Cardinals) ie. the good teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure that two TE sets involving Evan Engram should count as two TE sets.

I do think there's validity to your argument, but I'd add a caveat that the defensive personnel typically matched the Giants personnel; when the offense goes jumbo, the D goes heavy as well.

I don't want to overstate my opinion, because that unit needs plenty of work. I'm just saying, it probably isn't the weakest position group on this team anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm not sure that two TE sets involving Evan Engram should count as two TE sets.

I do think there's validity to your argument, but I'd add a caveat that the defensive personnel typically matched the Giants personnel; when the offense goes jumbo, the D goes heavy as well.

I don't want to overstate my opinion, because that unit needs plenty of work. I'm just saying, it probably isn't the weakest position group on this team anymore. 

They didn't necessarily. Toilolo and someone else (Smith I think?). We went Jumbo a lot. 

Granted it seemed to work in terms of running, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

At best I would say the jury is out on this OL, and I'd feel much better taking at least two interior OL in the first 3-4 rounds. Slater or Vera Tucker seem best. Vera Tuckers arms just measured in under 33 inches, all but assuring his value at T dropped (and potentially that he's better suited for G), so maybe trade down and pick him up #15-20? Or just take Slater and don't try to get cute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to PSU. What do people see in this Oweh? He has only two sacks the last two years (zero last year). He's a pure size/speed prospect only. I wouldn't touch him in rounds 3-4. When has a guy with this poor of defensive production ever panned out?

He has Dion Jordan written all over him.

I hate drafting guys that are gifted athletically but still haven't figured it out by year 3-4 of college (ie underachievers). At the very least, those are guys you save for rounds #4-7 or UDFA.

They also say he can't really play the run. So if he can't play the run and has two sacks in as many years, what's his draft value exactly????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...