SportsWrath

Giant's Optimism Grows

fishgutmartyr

The Journal News

Decent article. Talks about the mood from camp, that Fred Robbins got bigger and faster, and how J-Load has improved.

Also, interestingly enough, Toomer mentions how in the last few years, when there were high expectations, the Giants...well, I'll just quote:

"I'm excited, but it's one of those things," Toomer said as mini-camp closed yesterday. "Every time we come into camp and people predict us to be competitive, traditionally we haven't been.

So, maybe they'll do the work rather than just assume they'll be competitive, and finally get the job done this year. :o

Toomer is sort of right. I remember heading into 03 we were expecting a top 5 offense and a very good defense out of our squad. Even though this year is more realistic of our expectations then 03, worse things have happened.

Toomer is sort of right. I remember heading into 03 we were expecting a top 5 offense and a very good defense out of our squad. Even though this year is more realistic of our expectations then 03, worse things have happened.

well, keep in mind we had a ton of injuries that year too.

At least he's keeping it real.

well, keep in mind we had a ton of injuries that year too.

Yeah but we started off pretty mediocre too when we were healthy. We had tough losses, couldn't cap off drives (anyone remember the Pats game?), and of course the infamous Westbrook return. And I don't care if we were really hurt at the time or not, we lost to the 1-7 Falcons I think and that's where it was over for us.

Optimism growing....hmmm, sounds strangely familiar to a few years ago when a 30 point lead dissipated and we went home early. A paraphrased quote I have yet to forget... 'Don't let the taste of the dirt out of your mouths...'

Cautious optimism - look at things in a positive light, have high hopes, but keep it all in a reality check.

Optimism growing....hmmm, sounds strangely familiar to a few years ago when a 30 point lead dissipated and we went home early. A paraphrased quote I have yet to forget... 'Don't let the taste of the dirt out of your mouths...'

Cautious optimism - look at things in a positive light, have high hopes, but keep it all in a reality check.

It does seem like the Giants always fall short when we predict for them to have a good year.

It does seem like the Giants always fall short when we predict for them to have a good year.

I'd much rather let the talking heads in the media tell us that the Giants will be a mediocre team & then we piss all over their "expert" predictions like Dallas, Seattle & Washington as if they were a 12 year old girl & the Giants were R Kelly...... :o

Jesus God what have I just said, I just equated the Giants to a famous petophile...... I need to get drunk enough to forget what I just did.

Everyone in the media seems to be talking about the improving Cowboys and Skins...

I like that ..... let them carry on with the hype and overconfidence

The G men will carry on preparing as a well coached mature unit ..... under the radar

They can start talking about us when we beat Indy in week 1