SportsWrath

Offensive Line - The Problem

mastershake

Just now, Giants1027 said:

John Mara is replicating the Wellington-esque “no idea what the fuck I’m doing but I’m trying really hard to not fuck it up” 

we just weren’t alive for it. Ask that old fuck shredder

The last good GM the team has was Accorsci and he was Wellys hire.

JR rode on the coat tails of all the talent EA brought in to the team.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Andrew Thomas. Worse OT in the league minus Bobby Hart.

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-ol-andrew-thomas-stats-162435147.html

"Worst OT in the NFL"

Has only given up a single sack and more pressures facing down of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

What the fuck is the article doing with its life lol

From PFF

The fourth-overall draft pick out of Georgia was thrust into the team's starting left tackle spot after veteran offensive tackle Nate Solder opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns. Since then, Thomas has gone up against some of the league's premier pass rushers against whom Thomas has held his own.

According to Pro Football Focus, Thomas has allowed just nine pressures (including one sack) in 102 pass-blocking snaps for a 94.6 pass-blocking efficiency rate.

I honestly think you don't even want to be a fan of this team anymore Shakes lol but I think we all feel that way.

16 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

"Worst OT in the NFL"

Has only given up a single sack and more pressures facing down of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

What the fuck is the article doing with its life lol

From PFF

The fourth-overall draft pick out of Georgia was thrust into the team's starting left tackle spot after veteran offensive tackle Nate Solder opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns. Since then, Thomas has gone up against some of the league's premier pass rushers against whom Thomas has held his own.

According to Pro Football Focus, Thomas has allowed just nine pressures (including one sack) in 102 pass-blocking snaps for a 94.6 pass-blocking efficiency rate.

I honestly think you don't even want to be a fan of this team anymore Shakes lol but I think we all feel that way.

He's allowed 13 pressures in 3 weeks, 2nd most in the league after Bobby Hart

Meanwhile,

the Jets 11th overall pick Mekhi Becton has been a stud thus far. His size and athletic ability have been on full display and experts have been raving about his performance, though he did have to leave Week 3 against the Indianapolis Colts because of injury. Overall, he’s allowed just one sack and one hurry while his PFF grades are all above average for the season.

Moving on to Tampa Bay where Tristan Wirfs is playing at right tackle to protect Tom Brady with the Bucs, the 13th overall selection has also allowed just two pressures (two QB hits) in three games. And finally, Jedrick Wills, who went 10th overall to the Cleveland Browns has allowed two pressures with one sack and one hurry.

1 minute ago, mastershake said:

Yeah, DeForest Buckner and Justin Houston are terrible.

He faces Houston who he gave up a sack too.

Thomas went up against Kahlil Mack and Blitzburg and gave up a sack.

Lol yeah he's the worst tackle in the NFL.

Becton had been the lone bright spot for the Jets.

You act as if Thomas has been doing his Solder impersonation.

Also take note Becton left the game against Indy he isn't going to make it a full 16 games which his size in the NFL.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

He faces Houston who he gave up a sack too.

Thomas went up against Kahlil Mack and Blitzburg and gave up a sack.

Lol yeah he's the worst tackle in the NFL.

Becton had been the lone bright spot for the Jets.

You act as if Thomas has been doing his Solder impersonation.

Also take note Becton left the game against Indy he isn't going to make it a full 16 games which his size in the NFL.

The source on the yahoo link says PFF right away. 13 pressures aren't good no matter who you're paying against. Other teams have good pass rushers and blitz a lot as well. Chicago isn't the only one.

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The source on the yahoo link says PFF right away. 13 pressures aren't good no matter who you're paying against. Other teams have good pass rushers and blitz a lot as well. Chicago isn't the only one.

Yahoo didn't use PFF then.

PFF literally just out this article out yesterday saying this:

So whatever floats your boat lol 

13 pressures can mean anything by Yahoo's metrics it could literally mean that a player was within a yard of DJ.

I believe PFF only rates soemthing a pressure if it forces the QB to move.

Well.... Thomas took a step back, Gates took a step forward, Zeitler knows what to do but can't do it anymore, and Peart is probably already better than Fleming, who's as good as anyone else on the OL. Hernandez was all over the place, but mostly.... not so good. 

If you told me before the season that Gates and Fleming would exceed expectations, I'd have thought that meant we had a good OL. Not so much.