SportsWrath

Anybody watching the scrimmage tonight?

Sephiroth

That was interesting.  A couple players really standing out but with the camera angles and speed they moved through plays it was hard to decipher what was going on throughout the scrimmage.  Very curious to see what kind of a football season we are going to get.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

That was interesting.  A couple players really standing out but with the camera angles and speed they moved through plays it was hard to decipher what was going on throughout the scrimmage.  Very curious to see what kind of a football season we are going to get.

Yeah, I think they were trying to obscure their formations by framing the snap right on the ball, then panning out at an awkward moment in the middle of the play. Terrible to watch though.

Yeah I agree. Gonna probably watch it again at some point. 

Quick and early reactions:

The entire D-line looked good, particularly Lorenzo Carter. Conversely, the O-line had some struggles. Williams and Hill were particularly feisty. 

Andrew Thomas got beaten a few times, but after stumbling early he flashed the skills that made him the first tackle drafted. Very strong, good balance, quick feet and excellent mirroring skills. Peart looked better than advertised as well but also was blown up on the left side. 

Corey Coleman is making a case for a roster spot. 

Daniel Jones looked adequate. 

Wayne Gallman also looked very good, as did Barkley and the surprising Javon Leake. 

I don't take too much out of this one way or the other, but it was nice to see some semblance of Giants football. 

Really nothing to see out there.

Guys were moving at half speed at most times and only the Dline played with any real speed. Everyone else just looks bored lol backup/bench played with abit of intensity but most of the guys won't even be on the team in a few weeks.

I think it was more of a communication exercise and seeing how mentally ready this team is.

Didn't look like there was many mental fuck ups so that's good.

My only positive was Gates was able to handle the snaps without any trouble so looks like we have a starting center.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah, I think they were trying to obscure their formations by framing the snap right on the ball, then panning out at an awkward moment in the middle of the play. Terrible to watch though.

Yeah it was almost unwatchable...  but I guess part of it was to not let teams get useful film.    It is a shame too, I was looking forward to watching even a little bit of football

I really did not have many take aways at all from that watch...  guess we will all be in for a shock in 2 Monday nights against the Steelers