SportsWrath

Giants sign CB Bradberry

BlueInCanada

3 year, 45 million, 32 guranteed.

Good CB.

Gives up the deep ball way to much, bottom of the NFL for completions downfield type of thing.

Had a ridiculous start to 2019, was like the best corner in the NFL the first eight games of the year, then just disappeared.

So the Panthers have a decision to make: franchise tag Bradberry or let him leave Carolina?

Bradberry was drafted in the second round of the 2016 draft and has spent all four seasons in Carolina. He has started 60 games for the Panthers during those four seasons and has been the team's number one cornerback for some time now. Since joining the NFL, he has 279 tackles, eight interceptions, and 47 pass deflections. Aside from some match-ups against Julio Jones, Bradberry has been pretty consistent in locking down opposing teams top receivers.

With that being said, the Panthers should franchise tag Bradberry if they cannot reach a deal. They shouldn't let a talent like Bradberry just walk for nothing. Also, bringing Bradberry back would be one less thing for Carolina to worry about and can spend their money elsewhere for other holes on the defense.

ames Bradberry has been a key member of the Carolina Panthers since joining the league in 2016. The talented cornerback had a total of 65 tackles and three interceptions last season and showed a ton of ability in pass coverage. Bradberry has good size and speed, standing six foot one and weighing in at 212 pounds. The Panthers could use their franchise tag on Bradberry which would see him paid in the neighborhood of sixteen million annually, but sources have stated that seems unlikely at this point.

James Bradberry initially entered the league in 2016 as a second-round draft pick.  He played his college football at Samford University and was named to the all-freshman team in 2012. Was second-team all SoCon as a senior when he had 25 tackles and two interceptions. He participated in the NFL combine and turned heads with his performance at the 2016 Senior Bowl.

In total, Bradberry has been with the Panthers for four seasons. Bradberry has 279 tackles and eight interceptions in his career with Carolina. Last season his best game came against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when he led the team with ten tackles and also intercepted Jameis Winston twice. It was in a losing effort. Unfortunately for the underachieving Panthers, that was the case more often than not. It seems as if the Panthers are in a rebuilding phase and will likely not look to resign expensive pieces of the puzzle.

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

I sure hope they have something up their sleeve for a pass rusher with 15 CBs on the team.

?

Baker, Ballentine, Haley, Beal and Hamilton, I doubt Beal or Hamilton are on the squad next year.

Love was moved to safety.

But yes pass rusher still needs to be addressed.

Or I guess they figure it is throwing 16 million at Williams lol

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

?

Baker, Ballentine, Haley, Beal and Hamilton, I doubt Beal or Hamilton are on the squad next year.

Love was moved to safety.

But yes pass rusher still needs to be addressed.

Or I guess they figure it is throwing 16 million at Williams lol

Just don’t understand throwing that kind of money at a corner when outside of DT, it’s the strongest position. So many needs to fill on the team.

Just now, Storm said:

Just don’t understand throwing that kind of money at a corner when outside of DT, it’s the strongest position. So many needs to fill on the team.

Strongest position?

We have young players there sure, but strongest position?

I wouldn't even say it's a solid position, Baker is the only CB who has shown he can play with the big WRs in the NFL, the rest shouldn't even be on the field outside of special teams.

14 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Strongest position?

We have young players there sure, but strongest position?

I wouldn't even say it's a solid position, Baker is the only CB who has shown he can play with the big WRs in the NFL, the rest shouldn't even be on the field outside of special teams.

On defense.

Definitely fills a need. I think I like the signing. We can't go into the season with Baker and Beal as the two starters. We needed a veteran in there, and let Baker and Beal compete for the #2, with it likely going to Baker since Beal looks like a bust/can't reliably stay on the field.

I'm still so bitter about blowing our load on Leonard Williams with a freaking $17mm cap space hit, rather than taking those funds and getting an actual top notch defender or OL.

Having said that, if we don't go at least 8-8 this year, fire Getty.

9 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Definitely fills a need. I think I like the signing. We can't go into the season with Baker and Beal as the two starters. We needed a veteran in there, and let Baker and Beal compete for the #2, with it likely going to Baker since Beal looks like a bust/can't reliably stay on the field.

I'm still so bitter about blowing our load on Leonard Williams with a freaking $17mm cap space hit, rather than taking those funds and getting an actual top notch defender or OL.

Having said that, if we don't go at least 8-8 this year, fire Getty.

Getty has had more than handful of head-scratching signings.   Being a GM is about getting the biggest bang for your buck... and he's been quite atrocious at that.