SportsWrath

C Bret Jones traded

Lughead

Good for Brett Jones. I really thought they would have put Jones in at some point with the first team during the preseason but it has been Halapio all the way. Better to get something for Brett Jones now then to lose him in the offseason through free agency.

He's closer to home know. It was fun to watch a Saskatchewan guy play for the Giants, I was actually contemplating ordering a Jones jersey for my visit this year.

Yeah always great to see the Canadian guys make it.

Looks like Jones is going to be starting as well come regular season since the Vikes center is on the PUP list, and even then like Nas said, they can throw him in at guard too.

Wonder if Shurmur had any influence on the trade or if he still has a few ears in the Vikes war room.

Yeah always great to see the Canadian guys make it.

Looks like Jones is going to be starting as well come regular season since the Vikes center is on the PUP list, and even then like Nas said, they can throw him in at guard too.

Wonder if Shurmur had any influence on the trade or if he still has a few ears in the Vikes war room.

I'm actually a little ticked off... our OL still sucks and we trade a solid player instead of putting him at RG to see what he can do... and we get a stupid 7th rounder for him? And let's not pretend that $2.9M we saved is shit compared what starting OLs are making...

I'm actually a little ticked off... our OL still sucks and we trade a solid player instead of putting him at RG to see what he can do... and we get a stupid 7th rounder for him? And let's not pretend that $2.9M we saved is shit compared what starting OLs are making...

That 2.9 is going towards the blockbuster deal that OBJ is going to be signing before season starts.

He was honestly going to be cut anyways simply because of the cap, the Giants atleast got something in return.

I know what you mean though the Giants basically got this guy NFL ready, and now some other team is gonna benefit from it.

That 2.9 is going towards the blockbuster deal that OBJ is going to be signing before season starts.

He was honestly going to be cut anyways simply because of the cap, the Giants atleast got something in return.

I know what you mean though the Giants basically got this guy NFL ready, and now some other team is gonna benefit from it.

our line needed back ups like him... shit he's a starter. How much did Oamemah cost us?

It was the smart move just not a favorable one. Giants have a backlog of players capable of playing Guard/Center. Trade the only guy you can get something for now. Halapio is most likely a one year solution at center and Giants are heading back to the draft next year to find another one.