SportsWrath

What is up with the Giants and tight-ends?

MikeGL

Martellus Bennett is doing pretty well in New England today. Is it the Patriots that can win games with ANYONE they pick up or is Martellus Bennet that good? Or do the Giants just suck at making tight ends work? Or do they not care about having receiving tight ends?

Honestly Billy is gonna be known as one of the best to ever coach the game, the guy can win with anyone.

About the Giants though, I cant really say, we had good receiving TEs but it seems like they put more into investing into good WRs than pass catching TEs.

Just depends on if players pan out, and what you can afford in FA. Right now the Giants COULD have the best WR tandem in the NFL, if we had an OC who knew how the fuck to gameplan around it.

Honestly Billy is gonna be known as one of the best to ever coach the game, the guy can win with anyone.

About the Giants though, I cant really say, we had good receiving TEs but it seems like they put more into investing into good WRs than pass catching TEs.

Just depends on if players pan out, and what you can afford in FA. Right now the Giants COULD have the best WR tandem in the NFL, if we had an OC who knew how the fuck to gameplan around it.

Right, i think we do have one of the best WR tandem in the NFL as well...but we're not making use of them it seems like.

Right, i think we do have one of the best WR tandem in the NFL as well...but we're not making use of them it seems like.

That's what frustrates me and I know a lot of us the most.

We bring MacAttack in because he was apparently "a big part of GBs scheming" but yet he can't figure out a way to get arguably the most talented pool of WRs the Giants have ever had working.

Martellus Bennett is doing pretty well in New England today. Is it the Patriots that can win games with ANYONE they pick up or is Martellus Bennet that good? Or do the Giants just suck at making tight ends work? Or do they not care about having receiving tight ends?

Bennett went to Chicago for more money. He did fine here it was just the ok pay me part that became confusing for the front office. Unfortunately the front office believes in its ability to find players at every position.

He's a good player. Played well here and Chicago. It's not something bill is bringing out of him

Don't recall, did the Giants do much with him? I think we did, but not to full potential.

There's a salary cap in the NFL, so no matter what, teams have to skimp at certain positions (unless you draft really well... Reese doesn't). On the Giants, they choose to skimp at TE and LB, and spend money and resources along the lines and defensive backfield.

I'd love to see an NFL caliber TE on this team for a while, but I've been waiting for that since Kevin Boss. Bennett was awesome but was really only here for a cup of coffee.

Don't recall, did the Giants do much with him? I think we did, but not to full potential.

He did very well and that's why the Bears gave him a big contract. The Giants don't give a fuck positions, as Sepiroth pointed out, are TE and LB.