SportsWrath

Giants release Jon Beason, Geoff Schwartz and Will Beatty, clear about $12M in cap space

Mr. P

I don't think there's much separating Allen and Fleener as receivers, Fleener's maybe a bit more versatile in routes but isn't as consistent as he should be. Allen is the better all-round TE IMO and a good redzone threat. That's my impression from limited viewing, anyway.

It's basically correct. Allen can block, fleener is a better big play threat

For a 3rd stringer? I don't think it makes sense to go cutting bottom of the roster guys because they are not good starters. Cut them when you have an upgrade.

Agreed. If you have three better players at TE, fine, cut him....but don't overlook the possibility that he's not a finished product yet, that the year invested in coaching and development will yield an improved player.

Agreed. If you have three better players at TE, fine, cut him....but don't overlook the possibility that he's not a finished product yet, that the year invested in coaching and development will yield an improved player.

Yeah, I think Donnell is OK as a third TE but nothing more. It should be starter>Tye>Donnell.

Yeah, I think Donnell is OK as a third TE but nothing more. It should be starter>Tye>Donnell.

That's what I'm hoping for.

And in fairness, bigblue25 didn't say to cut the dude... I just don't like crapping on players that are just trying to make the team.

That's what I'm hoping for.

And in fairness, bigblue25 didn't say to cut the dude... I just don't like crapping on players that are just trying to make the team.

He's a free agent and I would say I don't see any reason to resign him. I wouldn't mind him for depth, but there's guys who think an upgrade can't be had over any of the TE's

He's a free agent and I would say I don't see any reason to resign him. I wouldn't mind him for depth, but there's guys who think an upgrade can't be had over any of the TE's

Lol, well Dwayne Allen isnt an upgrade over Larry Donnell, though. Must be that the all important draft position means that Allen is a better tight end, though.

Anyway, it might be prudent to bring in some young talelnt in the 3-5th rounds that could come in and compete. But I see tight end as a position of minimal need. Tye, Cunningham, and Donnell are all productive players.

• 3 weeks later...