SportsWrath

Coughlin to Giants: "Burn the boats!""

JMFP

With all the negatives about Fassel, he did bring the Giants out of the stone age on Offense. He taught them how to catch passes downfield consistently, and made the team exciting to watch. In other words, he did what he was hired for.

Yeah, he was 15 of 39 and 112 yards, 4 int's..... Good work!!!

Had he just tossed the ball out of bounds a few times, NY could have pulled it off, just maybe!

And how were Barber's numbers that day? What was Collins' average number of seconds in the pocket? How well did Jason Whittle abd Glenn Parker do against Siragusa and Sam Adams?

I'm not saying Collins played a great game but its not like he had help. Fucking Siragusa separated Collins'shoulder on the second series... would 10 of 30 with 1 pick, 8 sacks and a broken collarbone have been better? It's not like Tim Hasselbeck was an NFL caliber backup.

By your fifth three-and-out down 21 what do you have to lose? At least Kerry tried, which is more than you can say for Footsteps Hilliard.

Damn people, let's not forget what the GMEN have done for us the last decade. Giants having a bad season or two, while the shit teams like Dallas, The Eagles and Skins can only wish they were us! I bitch too, but I try to keep this in mind if it starts to be too much.

Thank you, TC can do whatever freaking gimmick he wants. Two Super Bowl rings earns him the rights to do whatever he wants. He can dance like the old six flag guy if he wants.

And how were Barber's numbers that day? What was Collins' average number of seconds in the pocket? How well did Jason Whittle abd Glenn Parker do against Siragusa and Sam Adams?

I'm not saying Collins played a great game but its not like he had help. Fucking Siragusa separated Collins'shoulder on the second series... would 10 of 30 with 1 pick, 8 sacks and a broken collarbone have been better? It's not like Tim Hasselbeck was an NFL caliber backup.

By your fifth three-and-out down 21 what do you have to lose? At least Kerry tried, which is more than you can say for Footsteps Hilliard.

Um, I know he wasn't the only issue in that game. but I always felt like he would never take us anywhere just by his regular season play. Some people liked him, but I was happy when he was gone.

Collins was always streaky...when he was on, he was among the best. When he was off, he was among the worst. He was a pocket passer and that was it. No two games exemplify this more than the playoffs in 2000. He led the team in the NFC Championship game to beat the holy hell out of the Vikings. And as good as that was, he offered up a performance on the other end of the spectrum against the Ravens.

Eli, as far as I'm concerned, is Kerry Collins with one lone exception...poise. Eli forgets mistakes better and Eli is better under pressure.

Collins was always streaky...when he was on, he was among the best. When he was off, he was among the worst. He was a pocket passer and that was it. No two games exemplify this more than the playoffs in 2000. He led the team in the NFC Championship game to beat the holy hell out of the Vikings. And as good as that was, he offered up a performance on the other end of the spectrum against the Ravens.

Eli, as far as I'm concerned, is Kerry Collins with one lone exception...poise. Eli forgets mistakes better and Eli is better under pressure.

Yup.....and you could pretty much tell by the 1st quarter whether the team had a chance to win or not.

Kerry Collins had a rocket.

He did.....and he had the launch time of a rocket.

But I liked Collins....he was on balance a good QB.....certainly the best QB within the stretch between Simms and Eli.

Simms was without a doubt the most accurate Giant QB I've ever seen.....his problem was:

a) Like a statue in the pocket

b) Outside of Bavaro, really didn't have much to throw to.

c) Operated in a run-first offense.

If there is a stat for "most passing yards on 3rd and long while getting drilled in the ribs", Simms owns it.

Or 4th and 17....

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Relive-the-Play-4th--17/8fdf577e-e4c9-40d3-993b-bbb71d7e9b17

But I liked Collins....he was on balance a good QB.....certainly the best QB within the stretch between Simms and Eli.

Love him or hate him, you have to give Warner some due as well.

Collins looks a lot better following Brown, Kanell, and Graham than he would if he had directly followed Simms.

He wasn't a terrible QB, but it makes me laugh when I hear about how Eli has to have players around him when I remember this guy:

1) If he had to leave the pocket and he threw the ball, it would be an int;

2) If he was touched in any way in the pocket, the ball was hitting the ground.

When his line was blocking, and receivers were getting open, Collins was very good. Otherwise, you could smell the failure; he couldn't make things happen. You could win with him: but you would never win because of him. That puts him below Simms and Manning.

He wasn't the worst QB to ever play on the Giants by a long shot--I can think of worse QBs that started for this team than Dave Brown, let alone Collins--but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't praying for a QB in 2004.

Simms was without a doubt the most accurate Giant QB I've ever seen.....his problem was:

a) Like a statue in the pocket

b) Outside of Bavaro, really didn't have much to throw to.

c) Operated in a run-first offense.

If there is a stat for "most passing yards on 3rd and long while getting drilled in the ribs", Simms owns it.

Or 4th and 17....

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Relive-the-Play-4th--17/8fdf577e-e4c9-40d3-993b-bbb71d7e9b17

He probably owned that stat before Scott Brunner started...Those olines were fucking awful.

Now that I think about it, he was actually a pretty good scrambler when he first started--a knee injury took care of that, though.