SportsWrath

Tom Landry Died with his boots on

Lughead

I remember my Dad, a lifelong Giants fan, always held Landry in the highest respect because of his Giants roots, and what a classy dude he was.

Back in the bad old days, when Landry's team would be kicking the Pre-Parcells Giants ***, my dad would mutter, "Giants had Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, and Allie Sherman........and they went with Allie Sherman (followed by a string of profanity)."

I remember my Dad, a lifelong Giants fan, always held Landry in the highest respect because of his Giants roots, and what a classy dude he was.

Back in the bad old days, when Landry's team would be kicking the Pre-Parcells Giants ***, my dad would mutter, "Giants had Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, and Allie Sherman........and they went with Allie Sherman (followed by a string of profanity)."

The Giants seem to have a tendency of holding on to head coaches a little too long and letting the really good assistants leave.

The only difference in my house was my father put the profanity before Allie's name....

C. Wagon

Ayup...Goooooodbye....goooooodbye...goodbye to Allie goodbye goodbye.... That was the going away chant the Giants fans had for Allie Sherman. But the Packers signed a deal they reneged upon...they were supposed to have Lombardi for a few years and then back to the Giants ... We see how that worked huh...