SportsWrath

Why does Curtis Painter have a roster spot?

osi724dasack

yes apparently their where 400,000 reasons to go with Painter over Carr. If either guy is in for extended period where fucked so we should spend the money elsewhere

Exactly, just like Mesko with the Pats. Teams will almost never admit to cut a player to save money. It's always they played better which is conjecture at best because they see so little time during pre-season anyway. Unless Painter was abysmal he was getting the job.

Unless Painter was abysmal he was getting the job.

Painter is abysmal .....and so is Nassib .........we should have cut them both .......and kept Carr ( who is fairly Rubbish but not Abysmal in my books ) ....and saved a Roster spot for an additional linebacker

If the Giants truly believed David Carr gave them a better chance than Curtis Painter to win a game or two if Eli goes down, 400K would not have made a difference in their decision. If we were talking a million or more or if they were dead even, then the money might have been more of a consideration. What they DO know for sure is that Nassib has NO CHANCE to steal them a game if Eli goes down. Hence, they kept 3QBs......and please, it's not like they cut Carl Banks to keep him!!!!!

I don't think it matters where Nassib was really taken. He could end up being the best in this class or the worst. He has some tools, is a fine developmental QB. Keep in mind this draft was also widely considered to be a poor class for QB's. With EJ Manuel taken in the first round? I highly doubt EJ would've been drafted before Tannehill last year. So I look at Nassib and he may end up being something. But the likelihood is that if he develops into a starting QB in the NFL, he'll be on the level of a Josh Freeman or Matt Schaub kind of guy, and no matter how good of a player he is or becomes, the likelihood is still strong that he'll never be the starting QB of the NY Giants anyway. If he does turn out to be a good QB, it will probably be for another team that he makes his mark.

the bottom line is although Eli isnt the best QB in the league, he is a very good one and extremely durable. We have been spoiled having him behind centter for this long.

If something happens to Eli, there isnt a back up in the league that could replace him..we are fucked. and thats that.