SportsWrath

Ed From Park Ridge...

BronxRik

Honestly, it's a parallel move. Dan Connor is someone who the Giants were rumored to be interested in during the draft process. They got him for as cheap as they possibly could. Pointing at his stats from last year are irrelevant because he was out of position in a 34 and a backup to Sean Lee and Bruce Carter before their injuries. Connor was solid for the Panthers, who play a 43 defense. Both Connor and Chase are two-down LBs at this point, so as long as they stop the run they do their job. I loved Chase as a player for the Giants, but he got a multi-year deal somewhere else when he wasn't going to get anything over the minimum for the Giants. Both should be considered stop-gab LBs at this point, but Connor has more potential.

How so ........his size and stats are alarming

You are reaching or dreaming

Did you see how he plays? His technique alone puts him ahead of Chase (whom I & many here liked very much). Chase is not getting any younger... Conner has an upside too.

hes too small

The weight difference between the 2 is almost immaterial... Dan is 2 inches shorter which tells me he has a lower center of gravity which tends to make for a better tackler. Looking at Dan's highlights, the way he tackles alone is textbook and he has a nose for the run which is where we were getting killed last year. Also I believe Conner is younger which, as Kyle said, means he has an upside whereas Chase is downhill from here.

most of Chase's tackles were 15 yards down field. Both of them are awful in Coverage

This signing is a bit similar to signing AP. He was not in his prime yet and I think Conner will do well for us. Also I don't think Warmack will be there for us at 19 and I'm expecting us to go with ILB.. Oglertree (sp) to be exact... IF Warmack is there at 14-17, look for the Giants to trade up.. just my guess

Manti Teo will be our "Teddi Bruschi" for many years to come.....Dan Connor is a career back up, special teams fodder. I'm happy for Blackburn he got another shot with Carolina.

Teo and Bruschi have almost identical size and had almost identical combine results

Thank God ND lost to Alabama........and did anyone else see AJ McCarron's girlfriend in the primetime diving special called "Splash" yesterday?

Could not make a more beautiful woman, and she kept thanking Brent Musberger for "making her famous" LOL.....What a beauty

There's a 0.00000000001% chance the Giants draft Te'o in the first. In fact, I highly doubt they draft a LB in the first at all. They haven't seen 1984. Te'o doesn't fit as a first rounder because he would only be a two-down player for this defense. You don't draft two-down defenders in the first. I'd take him in the 2nd or 3rd, but reluctantly. There's just a bunch of better LBs in FA and in the draft than Te'o.

There's a 0.00000000001% chance the Giants draft Te'o in the first. In fact, I highly doubt they draft a LB in the first at all. They haven't seen 1984. Te'o doesn't fit as a first rounder because he would only be a two-down player for this defense. You don't draft two-down defenders in the first. I'd take him in the 2nd or 3rd, but reluctantly. There's just a bunch of better LBs in FA and in the draft than Te'o.

All this talk of Te'o even going in the first round is insane. Did no one see his combine results? Did no one see him compete against high-level competition? He'll be a mid to late 2nd round pick, I would guess.

I am not high on Te'o at all. He got exposed, long before the Bama game, he was a media creation. I knew once real NFL scouts seen his tape, through the draft process he would fall.

I think it was Mel Kiper I saw interviewing him the other day on NFL Live. I don't like the kid's attitude, he exudes cockiness...even when talking with (I think it was) Kiper about how now he's got doubters. The fact that (I think) Kiper is getting higher and higher on Te'o makes me realize he won't even go in the first round.

I think it was Mel Kiper I saw interviewing him the other day on NFL Live. I don't like the kid's attitude, he exudes cockiness...even when talking with (I think it was) Kiper about how now he's got doubters. The fact that (I think) Kiper is getting higher and higher on Te'o makes me realize he won't even go in the first round.

Yeah a lot ND players were saying, he really wasn't the leader everyone thought. He would constantly brag about his "girlfriend" and would showboat.

All this talk of Te'o even going in the first round is insane. Did no one see his combine results? Did no one see him compete against high-level competition? He'll be a mid to late 2nd round pick, I would guess.

I agree....he's an okay linebacker, but I that whole internet girlfriend thing has me convinced he's a poser.

Right, I completely agree guys....how do you risk a first round pick of any kind on a kid who not only didn't show up for the combine in any kind of dominating capacity (I'm waiting for his pro day or whatever because he says he can run high 4.6)....couldn't hack it against elite level competition like Alabama.....AND has the gullibility and leadership qualities of a high school female.

Right, I completely agree guys....how do you risk a first round pick of any kind on a kid who not only didn't show up for the combine in any kind of dominating capacity (I'm waiting for his pro day or whatever because he says he can run high 4.6)....couldn't hack it against elite level competition like Alabama.....AND has the gullibility and leadership qualities of a high school female.

He already had his pro day, ran a 4.71

The thing about this Te'o kid as well is he is going to be mocked mercilessly by his teammates for the whole fake girlfriend thing. You got to remember that most of these NFL players still have the mentality of a child which is evident by all the stupid shit they get into, not to mention just riding sports scholarships and never really having to study or apply to anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Te'o cracks after a season while being mocked on and off the field.

After looking at the clips on those other 3 MLBer I'm selling my stock on Mantae Teo

Those Dudes are all fantastic..........and again Dan Connor belongs in the Canadian Football Leaugue

Puhlease.......we need to field a championship team here not a lock out replacement team

After looking at the clips on those other 3 MLBer I'm selling my stock on Mantae Teo

Those Dudes are all fantastic..........and again Dan Connor belongs in the Canadian Football Leaugue

Puhlease.......we need to field a championship team here not a lock out replacement team

Yeah Jack, I don't think many of us are too keen on the Dan Connor signing, either. We just don't want Te'o.

Yeah Jack, I don't think many of us are too keen on the Dan Connor signing, either. We just don't want Te'o.

after watching the clips on the other 3 I agree.........but we might take Teo in the 2nd round.....it looks like were taking that big tackle from Alabama with #1

The Giants should really look into Kevin Minter. He was thought to be a 1st rounder at the beginning of the draft process, but it's now more widely known that he is viewed as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. He's been compared to Antonio Pierce, and is a great run stuffer. He's got the athleticism to go sideline-to-sideline. His coverage needs improvement, but he's a similar player to Te'o without the hype and more experience as a leader on one of the best defenses in the country (LSU).

The Giants should really look into Kevin Minter. He was thought to be a 1st rounder at the beginning of the draft process, but it's now more widely known that he is viewed as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. He's been compared to Antonio Pierce, and is a great run stuffer. He's got the athleticism to go sideline-to-sideline. His coverage needs improvement, but he's a similar player to Te'o without the hype and more experience as a leader on one of the best defenses in the country (LSU).

Agreed, Minter is one of my faves for the Giants in the 2nd round, if he's there, which I don't think he will be. He's got the look and ability that will likely translate to a long-term, successful starting MLB in the NFL.