SportsWrath

Giants 5th Round Pick (158) - Charlie Peprah, S, Alabama

Goliath

Guest So.Cal Dub
So cal, be honest, have you ever heard of this guy before we drafted him?

No.

But I can read profiles.. ;)

There seems to be a lot of mixed emtions about him among some of the "draft experts" on the net. I remember him vaguely in the few games I watched. The players who mostly caught my eye were Mark Anderson, Roman Harper, Freddie Roach, and Demeco Ryans. I got to watch parts of the Florida game and the LSU game. He was apart of one of the toughest defenses in the country. I think I actually remember him going for a big hit one game and he seriously wiffed, not 100% positive on that though.

One of my friends go to Alabama and watch their football games a lot and I just IMd him he said he was alright.

This guy has the darkest skin I have ever seen, though. lol.

:mellow:

You're saying he's so dark he can leave fingerprints on coal???

But seriously, I hope he adds to special team play and can play some dime coverages.

:mellow:

You're saying he's so dark he can leave fingerprints on coal???

But seriously, I hope he adds to special team play and can play some dime coverages.

LOL.

Special teams would be a real boost, Tyree can't be the only person we count on, he's young but he won't be here forever.

Charlie was a 4-year starter for a tremendous defense that competed in a top conference. He's experienced, athletic (contrary to the conclusion some of you may draw from his 40-time), and can contribute in reserve/special teams role. Not much more you could ask for from a 5th round pick.

I hate how he -- like several others -- is victimized by the "I don't know him, thus he sucks" mentality. Give him a chance, will ya?

Charlie was a 4-year starter for a tremendous defense that competed in a top conference. He's experienced, athletic (contrary to the conclusion some of you may draw from his 40-time), and can contribute in reserve/special teams role. Not much more you could ask for from a 5th round pick.

I hate how he -- like several others -- is victimized by the "I don't know him, thus he sucks" mentality. Give him a chance, will ya?

your right its wrong to judge a player that you know nothing about.

I will judge all these new drafts in camp and pre season.

Many times the players that we think will excel in the NFL don't!

At least EA drafted a DE DT LB and S 4 defensive players is a good thing! :TU:

not athletic at all? let me guess....the only thing you looked at was his 40 time....

no...I have a draft magazine and that is what it said...I dont go by 40 times at all

the only time I go by a 40 is if a WR runs a 4.2 or a TE running a 4.3

thats when I say"wooa that guy can run"

no...I have a draft magazine and that is what it said...I dont go by 40 times at all

well...your magazine lied....I have watched many 'Bama games over the years and have noticed this kid on several occasions, and he is a very good athlete. The guy played corner for two years before moving to safety...not only did he play corner, he played it damn well. No someone with "no athletic ability" would not be able to be a big time corner in the SEC...maybe you should watch some of the players before making judgement, rather than rely on your precious "draft magazine".

well...your magazine lied....I have watched many 'Bama games over the years and have noticed this kid on several occasions, and he is a very good athlete. The guy played corner for two years before moving to safety...not only did he play corner, he played it damn well. No someone with "no athletic ability" would not be able to be a big time corner in the SEC...maybe you should watch some of the players before making judgement, rather than rely on your precious "draft magazine".

can you expect me to watch every college game?

in my mag it said something like..."may lack the speed and quickness to play corner, and the size to play safety"

now is this true?

you tell me...I heard he has good ball skills, and is a good person...

am I correct?

If theres anything I've heard about peprah its that hes got great natural athletic ability and can play either safety or corner. I think those magazines are taking a page out of your book and spreading lies, oh speaking of which hows your fiance taking to the newly furnished basement?

can you expect me to watch every college game?

in my mag it said something like..."may lack the speed and quickness to play corner, and the size to play safety"

now is this true?

you tell me...I heard he has good ball skills, and is a good person...

am I correct?

my recommendation....buy a better magazine...

He has good ball skills and is a great leader....on top of being a very good athlete..."may lack the speed and quickness to play corner"? well, I guess you could draw that conclusion if you looked at his 40 time rather than game tape...."and the size to play saftey"? He is 5 foot 10, 206 pounds...that isn't big enough to play saftey?