SportsWrath

Sounds like Bradshaw is going to remain the guy

JMFP

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8624211/ahmad-bradshaw-new-york-giants-undergo-battery-tests-tom-coughlin-says

Bradshaw has been held to one practice per week as he manages pain in his foot, a routine he has followed in past seasons as well.

"We've been down this road with Bradshaw many, many times," Coughlin said. "But until I am told any different or he tells me any different, we will just plan on him playing the same percentages going forward."

:puke:

Wow, Coughlin refuses to make a change and is loyal to a fault?

Never saw that coming.

We're headed for 8-8. Better hope the rest of the NFC sucks worse than us, cuz the Cowboys ain't finishing worse than 8-8.

Jesus H. Christ....Coughlin should have been in the Hitler Bunker...he would be saying Dolph you can win the war just as Dolph blows his own brains out. :TD:

Wilson is our JPP of this year. That kid is nasty. They wont let him get star start status just yet. Theyll work him in and make him a feature RB that this team needs. If its anything, one thing the Giants have is patience with players. Bradshaw might be a terrific competitor but I still feel Andre Brown gives us the best chance to win and is the best RB on this roster with a LOT of experience from multiple teams in just practice. Which is why he is so much better at following blockers and finding holes. So what if he doesnt have the 'skill' that Bradshaw does? Neither did Jim Brown! Brown is our man and should be. Bradshaw is just starting since he is the highest paid.

I'm pretty tired for trying to bring facts into this panicwank but here's how some other starting RBs did last week in comparison to Bradshaw's 5.7 ypc:

C. Johnson - 5.5

R. Bush - 5.2

D. Martin - 3.6

A. Foster - 3.5

R. Rice - 2.7

M. Forte - 2.4

So going by your reactions ALL of those guys should be benched too?

I'm pretty tired for trying to bring facts into this panicwank but here's how some other starting RBs did last week in comparison to Bradshaw's 5.7 ypc:

C. Johnson - 5.5

R. Bush - 5.2

D. Martin - 3.6

A. Foster - 3.5

R. Rice - 2.7

M. Forte - 2.4

Did any of those teams also have another runningback on the team who:

1) Ran for more YPC? (Andre Brown: 7 carries, 65 yards, 9.3 ypc, 1 TD)

2) Didn't fumble in a crucial situation?

3) Scored a goal line touchdown by leaping over the line of scrimmage?

Not to belittle Bradshaw, but Brown did better with the same line, against the same opponent, on the same day. He also protected the ball, and scored an impressive goal line TD.

Like I said before, if Bradshaw was the only option, I'd just deal with it. But I see what Doug Martin is doing, and can only wonder what Wilson would do to inject some energy into this offense. And I think Andre Brown has proven he is a capable every-down back. And I think it would do the running game a world of good if the offensive line could practice and play with the same running back.

Remember, the Bengals have a crappy run defense.....and yet they all but begged the Giants to run, because every team in the NFL now realizes that Gilbride treats the run like window dressing....and that Bradshaw can't take it to the house anymore.

Bengals had a great game plan....they totally predicted what Gilbride was going to do (which isn't really difficult) and they executed it very well.

C. Johnson - 5.5

R. Bush - 5.2

D. Martin - 3.6

A. Foster - 3.5

R. Rice - 2.7

M. Forte - 2.4

I got your back fellow Canuck/Aussie. I don't see the big panic with Bradshaw either. The guy plays hard and does a good job also. The grass is always looks greener on the other side of the fence; until it isn't. Brown received his impressive stats during garbage time. It so garbage that Fox switched the broadcast with almost the whole 4th quarter left; something I have rarely ever seen.

I got your back fellow Canuck/Aussie. I don't see the big panic with Bradshaw either. The guy plays hard and does a good job also. The grass is always looks greener on the other side of the fence; until it isn't. Brown received his impressive stats during garbage time. It so garbage that Fox switched the broadcast with almost the whole 4th quarter left; something I have rarely ever seen.

The concept that RB potential isn't a zero-sum game seems to elude many. Both guys played quite well.