SportsWrath

Giants 2nd Round Pick (44) -- Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami

gateb

I can't believe we could have gotten Chad Jackson or Sanantonio Holmes for our first pick, but instead get another DE that isn't even that good :cwy: EA what is wrong with you

Kiwanuka is a good player...everyone is underestimating him...what angers me about the pick is that a) if we were draft BPA there were more talented players on the board b) he may not see the field for two years and c) we have Tuck who showed the ability to eventually be a very good DE

don't like this pick at all...

Kiwanuka is a good player...everyone is underestimating him...what angers me about the pick is that a) if we were draft BPA there were more talented players on the board b) he may not see the field for two years and c) we have Tuck who showed the ability to eventually be a very good DE

don't like this pick at all...

agreed, like you said earlier, this was why we drafted tuck last year. there can only be 2 DEs on the field at once, i think our GM failed to grasp that concept.

i guess i don't see why we didnt just take jackson in the first if we wanted a receiver. he has better size, speed, and better production in college.

Yeah, but I think Moss for some reason was highest on our draft board WR wise. But we felt that he wasn't worthy of going at #32. So I sort of see where we were going with this, but I would've liked to go a separate direction at #32.

And Nem, GB would've taken Moss with one of their two picks before ours. I don't see why you are upset that we gave up a third rounder and something else to assure ourselves of landing a very talented WR.

Yeah, but I think Moss for some reason was highest on our draft board WR wise. But we felt that he wasn't worthy of going at #32. So I sort of see where we were going with this, but I would've liked to go a separate direction at #32.

And Nem, GB would've taken Moss with one of their two picks before ours. I don't see why you are upset that we gave up a third rounder and something else to assure ourselves of landing a very talented WR.

i'm happy with moss, i would have just preferred a different combination of players, like chad jackson and 3 other picks.

I don't give flying FUCK who was going to draft him ahead of us! We wasted our extra 3rd and 4th draft pick for shrimp WR who's only scored 9 TD his entire college career!

FUCK EA! I honestly hope to GOD he retires this season. I am so sick of stupid picks!!!!

I don't give flying FUCK who was going to draft him ahead of us! We wasted our extra 3rd and 4th draft pick for shrimp WR who's only scored 9 TD his entire college career!

FUCK EA! I honestly hope to GOD he retires this season. I am so sick of stupid picks!!!!

i see where you're coming from, i really never thought of sinorce moss as the type of player that you would trade up for. had he fallen to us at 56 i think we should have given him a good look.

this explains what EA did but it doesnt explain WHY :confused:

Giants Make First and Second Round Trades

Team moves down in first, adds picks and selects DE Mathias Kiwanuka, then moves up in second to select WR Sinorice Moss.

By Michael Eisen, Giants.com

Read this story from your BlackBerry, phone or other wireless device at http://giants.com/wireless

April 29, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants today made trades in the first and second rounds of the NFL Draft to acquire players they had targeted.

The defending NFC East champions traded down in the first round and acquired two additional choices in the process. The Giants traded their initial pick, the 25th overall, to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who sent the Giants their first-round choice (No. 32), third-round pick (No. 96) and fourth-round selection (No. 129). The Giants then used the final selection of the first round to take Boston College defensive end Mathias Kiwaunka.

After moving down in the first round, the Giants traded up in the second round. They sent the 24th pick in the round (No. 56 overall) and their own third-round choice (No. 87) to Baltimore for the Ravens’ second-round selection (No. 44). They then took speedy Miami wide receiver Sinorice Moss.

The trades left the Giants with seven selections in the seven-round draft, including two fourth-round picks. They do not have a sixth-round pick.

This is the fourth time in the last six years general manager Ernie Accorsi has engineered a trade in the first round of the draft. In 2001, he moved up to acquire cornerback Will Allen. The next year, he switched spots with the Tennessee Titans so the Giants could take tight end Jeremy Shockey.

Two years ago, the Giants swung a blockbuster trade to acquire quarterback Eli Manning, who was the No. 1 overall selection by the San Diego Chargers.

Guest So.Cal Dub
The pick: Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami

Scouts take: After making a questionable pick late in the first round with Kiwanuka, the Giants made an excellent pick here. Though Moss is undersized, receivers don't have to be as strong or big as they did a few seasons ago, because defensive backs can't be as physical. In addition, Moss is an excellent complement to Plaxico Burresss. With Burress stretching the field, Moss should have room to get open underneath, and he has the second gear to run away from defenses when he gets a seam.

I like it. I still would've rather had Jackson though. And no matter who EA selects now, it aint gonna make up for 1st pick of another fucking DE.

Whatever EA smokes on Draft day, I want. It must be some killer shit!

Guest Nutty Sack
I can't believe we could have gotten Chad Jackson or Sanantonio Holmes for our first pick, but instead get another DE that isn't even that good :cwy: EA what is wrong with you

What has the Fab Four been telling you all along ?? Perhaps now when we post people will listen or be damned to live a miserable existance with that moron as a GM.

He has Tim Carter speed and can catch the ball. maybee we can actually strech the field a little bit for Plex and Shockey... not to mention that speed might make the Saftey think twice about coming up into the box.... What I dont understand is why they didnt just stay put, they could have gotten these same two playes....

I did see on site saying that Madf;k akdl;fjo could have been a late first/second rounder... Now if we only needed a DE?

He has Tim Carter speed and can catch the ball. maybee we can actually strech the field a little bit for Plex and Shockey... not to mention that speed might make the Saftey think twice about coming up into the box.... What I dont understand is why they didnt just stay put, they could have gotten these same two playes....

I did see on site saying that Madf;k akdl;fjo could have been a late first/second rounder... Now if we only needed a DE?

Granted if We have Kiwi, Lavar, Osi, Tuck, Strahan and Joseph rushing the passer at the same time on third downs it will be HELL for opposing teams to block.....but did we honestly need to spend our first rounder on a situational pass rusher?

Granted if We have Kiwi, Lavar, Osi, Tuck, Strahan and Joseph rushing the passer at the same time on third downs it will be HELL for opposing teams to block.....but did we honestly need to spend our first rounder on a situational pass rusher?

He's a situational player until Strahan retires and then he becomes a starter. That's the idea. Anybody would have been a situation player this year. There are no positions at which a rookie would have taken the starting spot (except DT) and there wasnt one worth taking at 25.

Guest So.Cal Dub

:brooding: I'm still sick over this.

He's a situational player until Strahan retires and then he becomes a starter. That's the idea. Anybody would have been a situation player this year. There are no positions at which a rookie would have taken the starting spot (except DT) and there wasnt one worth taking at 25.

And what happens if Tuck eventually takes over for Strahan and becomes a very good defensive end(which I predit will happen)? Than he is STILL just a situational pass rusher...even after Strahan is gone....We woudl have wasted a first round pick on a situational pass rusher...

And what happens if Tuck eventually takes over for Strahan and becomes a very good defensive end(which I predit will happen)? Than he is STILL just a situational pass rusher...even after Strahan is gone....We woudl have wasted a first round pick on a situational pass rusher...

There are much worse things than having 3 talented DE's. Chances are one of them won't be a pro-bowler (that guy becomes the situation player). Also, all 3 of them won't be healthy 100% of the time. That's why it's important to have quality backups.

There are much worse things than having 3 talented DE's. Chances are one of them won't be a pro-bowler (that guy becomes the situation player). Also, all 3 of them won't be healthy 100% of the time. That's why it's important to have quality backups.

wow i can't wait till 2007 or 2008 so kiwanuka can finally be the backup he was destined to be.