SportsWrath

Welcome David Wilson.

BlueInCanada

Like I said, every site has about 15 players available graded better than Wilson. Say what you will about whether you like the pick or not, but he was not the best player available. Nobody had him graded the best player available where he was drafted, with the other options available.

Once again he was the best player available for the Giants.

You think JR honestly cares what places like ESPN or FOX say about a players ranking?

If the Giants had an OT or anyone rated higher then Wilson at the time on the board they would of been picked. The other options available as you said who were "better" were obviously not to JR, Coughlin, scouts and anyone making the decision for the team.

So far the Giants picking who they feel as the best player available has worked out pretty well for them, wouldnt you agree?

Plus, I've seen some of these so-called "experts" applaud the Saints picking Reggie Bush at like #2 or whatever, and are stating that Wilson, at #32 is a reach...so I take it with a grain of salt. He looks impressive in the tape I've seen....

I've seen plenty of experts who bashed the Bush pick at the time. Just because they get one or two wrong doesn't mean the entire trend and efficiency of the grades aren't robust. The grades they give have a high historical correlation with NFL success - and that's not as important as the point here, which is the position we could have drafted him at - and their grades have a high correlation with draft pick order as well.

http://sportsillustr...able/index.html

CNNSI has 28 players graded better than Wilson.

That's just one source - and SI has one of the best grading systems. Like I said, feel free to applaud the pick all you want, but there's no way you can call Wilson the best player available, and not a reach.

I've seen plenty of experts who bashed the Bush pick at the time. Just because they get one or two wrong doesn't mean the entire trend and efficiency of the grades aren't robust. The grades they give have a high historical correlation with NFL success - and that's not as important as the point here, which is the position we could have drafted him at - and their grades have a high correlation with draft pick order as well.

http://sportsillustr...able/index.html

CNNSI has 28 players graded better than Wilson.

That's just one source - and SI has one of the best grading systems. Like I said, feel free to applaud the pick all you want, but there's no way you can call Wilson the best player available, and not a reach.

blah blah blah, dude. You sound like a broken record. Like everyone here has said, numerous times, no one gives a shit what CNNSI has to say. I tend to think the scouts and professionals get it right, more times than CNNSI. I have yet to see a mock draft even 1/3rd correct.

I tire of this. He wasn't going to be there at 64, we don't need offensive line help nearly as much as we do running back, and he's going to immediately impact the team. Speculate all you like, though.

Define good value. How is he good value if at least 20 players are rated better, and we could have traded down to get him?

Once again, he was the best player of value there for the Giants.

JR has even said this.

What dont you understand?

Like I said, he was not the best player available, and he was not a value pick, he was a reach.

What don't you understand?

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Front-Office-discusses-RB-David-Wilson/a071ce2a-a4a4-4696-9bd1-3fa92dc366ec

Q: You haven’t picked a running back this high in a while.

A: The only reason that hasn’t happened is because there hasn’t been a running back at the time [that was] the highest player on our board. We’re not afraid to pick a running back high. We’ll pick any player high that’s the highest player on our board. It just hasn’t happened that way. It’s been other players at that spot.

He was the best player on the board for the Giants.

blah blah blah, dude. You sound like a broken record. Like everyone here has said, numerous times, no one gives a shit what CNNSI has to say. I tend to think the scouts and professionals get it right, more times than CNNSI. I have yet to see a mock draft even 1/3rd correct.

I tire of this. He wasn't going to be there at 64, we don't need offensive line help nearly as much as we do running back, and he's going to immediately impact the team. Speculate all you like, though.

Backing away from what you said now I see...haha. Nice.

Nobody is saying he would be there are 64. Like I said, we could have traded down for him and acquired more picks as well.

http://www.giants.co...d1-3fa92dc366ec

Q: You haven’t picked a running back this high in a while.

A: The only reason that hasn’t happened is because there hasn’t been a running back at the time [that was] the highest player on our board. We’re not afraid to pick a running back high. We’ll pick any player high that’s the highest player on our board. It just hasn’t happened that way. It’s been other players at that spot.

He was the best player on the board for the Giants.

You are saying something different. You're saying he's the best player available on the giants board. I'm saying he is not the best player available. Follow?

Dude, the Giants liked him better then the so called "experts"

I trust the Giants and there BRILLIANT staffs draft board over multiple Internet websites and blogs.

Wilson is good value. Him and Miller would have gone in the next 10-15 picks.

You are saying something different. You're saying he's the best player available on the giants board. I'm saying he is not the best player available. Follow?

I've been saying he has been the best player all along for the Giants, I don't know why you got all on about ESPN and other FOX sources.

Once again I dont see what's so hard to understand about the Giants drafting a player that was their highest rated on the board.

Dude, the Giants liked him better then the so called "experts"

I trust the Giants and there BRILLIANT staffs draft board over multiple Internet websites and blogs.

Wilson is good value. Him and Miller would have gone in the next 10-15 picks.

We're talking NFL draft experts and scout grades, not some blog. And most teams aren't operating blindly, they have similar grading systems. Former NFL scouts go to work and make these grades for the syndicated news sites.

To put it into perspective. If any of those 28 players turn out to be better than Wilson, I'm right and you're wrong.

Lol wow man your being ridiculous!

The quote the BIC posted tells it all! Lol we are talking about the NY GIANTS here.

Wilson is a combo of BPA and need. Perfect fit.

Let me guess your a Coby Fleener fanboy? Steven Hill? Andre Branch?

Wilson will make an immediate impact, has a tremendous work ethic and is a great teammate!

This is a great pick.